(Off-topic) Del Negro gets second interview from the Clippers

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Time for Round 2 of the interviews ...

The Clippers are bringing in finalists Dwane Casey and Vinny Del Negro Tuesday for another series of interviews for their coaching vacancy, a team official told The Times.

Casey, an assistant coach with the Mavericks, had been considered the front-runner by a wide margin. But Del Negro, former head coach of the Bulls, closed the gap with a strong presentation when he was in Los Angeles for his first interview.
Clipper news: Coaching search update | The Fabulous Forum | Los Angeles Times

I'm pulling for Vinny. I think he'd be good for the Clippers. If it were up to me, I'd take VDN over Casey.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Good luck to VDN. I hope he gets his game down someday. Nice guy but just not there as a coach.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Go Vinny!

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vinny was an average head coach. He dealt with players well and has great knowledge of the game. I hope he gets the job.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
i hope he gets the job. vinny is a good person, just wasn't a good coach.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I always liked him, he led this team to 2 straight playoff appearances in 2 seasons.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good for Vinny, he can be mediocre somewhere else

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Good for VDN, but the Clippers are career suicide. I hope if he gets it he can stick around.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You're right about the Clippers being career suicide. Although you can't ignore this recent effort the team has put into turning things around.

I was listening to ESPN 1000 the other day, and I don't remember who they called, but it was a beat writer for the Clips. He had no problem bashing Sterling for his OCD-like behavior and lack of involvement with the team. Although Sterling was the easy target, it seems like the entire FO and PR team has gotten hardcore support from how they are handling every aspect of the team, and if VDN gets the spot, I doubt it's due to desperation. Mind you that Vinny blew the socks off Paxson just a few years ago with how prepared he was to become a head coach in the NBA. He also came with rave reviews from other coaches and personnel in the league. I have no doubts in Vinny as a coach, I just wish he didn't go through his growing pains on our buck.

No matter what happens, Vinny will be remembered for the first coach of the Derrick Rose era, and I see no reason to hate him anymore.

If all else fails, Dunleavy and Del Negro, or Olshey can entertain the sports world with real life Drama. Maybe they can make a reality show called "Clipper Ties" and have Paxson guest star?

bennjuiced34

Liked Posts:
Vinny was an average head coach. He dealt with players well and has great knowledge of the game. I hope he gets the job.

His X's and O's were his weakness. He has great coach/player skills and is a hard worker, but managing a team was his biggest downfall. I do however believe he's going to be a good coach someday once he gets things figured out. You can teach the X's and O's side of things. You can't teach personality.