Offensive Play calling lost the game

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
GETSY SHOULD HAVE GONE 12 PERSONNEL WHEN THE BEARS WERE IN HAIL MARY SITUATION NO EXCUSES
Run da ball and throw it downfield (also use same personnel package every play). It’s like mike tice meets star wars mod

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
On the second to last possession, I guarantee if they had run a hard play action fake and passed the ball someone would have been running free.

The Lions were all creeping toward the line of scrimmage and everyone in the building was expecting a run play.

Not playing to win and going into a shell is no way to operate. It would have worked on second down too.

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
The game’s demise begun when Getsy called a draw on 3rd-and-7, and settled for the field goal. The rest was just theatre playing out.

If you get a 1st there, you dramatically kill the clock. If you get a TD it’s game over. I’m not against pushing it from a 9pt lead to 12, that’s smart enough. But take the field goal if you must, don’t lose all aggression when you have the game in hand.

A perfect exhibition of why these coaches need to go, and you get yourself a Mcdaniels, a Shanahan, a Mcvay, a Sirianni. Somebody with a damn pulse and football IQ.

They either are too stupid to understand the value of going for a TD there, too scared, or don’t trust Fields with the ball in such a situation. All of them are loser decisions, and Fields has shown much more than these coaches ever have. I personally hope he outlasts them, long as a shot that is

But another part of me wants to pull Fields aside like Ben Afleck did Damon in Good Will, and tell him to get the fuck outta here someday or I’ll kill him. It’s fine for me, but that kid’s got talent being drowned by a dysfunctional organization