**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

bears-e1676941140150.png 9. Chicago Bears​

*FROM PANTHERS

Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio State​

The Chicago Bears need help on the offensive line, and picking Paris Johnson (scouting report) makes them more athletic on that unit. They should prioritize helping and protecting Justin Fields, and with Johnson, they feel like they are helping the young quarterback hit his stride.

53. Chicago (From Baltimore): Calijah Kancey, IDL, Pittsburgh (scouting report)

61. Chicago (From Carolina through San Francisco): Byron Young, Edge, Tennessee (scouting report)”

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Mike Sando of The Athletic discussed free agency with unnamed team executives to garner their thoughts on how teams fared.​

Chicago Bears

Counting Moore, acquired from Carolina when the Bears traded down from first to ninth in the draft order, Chicago added players with $70 million in combined annual salary, most in the league. Linebacker Tremaine Edmunds, Moore, guard Nate Davis, defensive end DeMarcus Walker and linebacker T.J. Edwards accounted for most of that.

“The Bears are interesting because people are like, ‘Do they really have to go all-in on off-ball linebackers?'” an exec said. “But in (Matt) Eberflus’ system, those guys are pretty critical. The good thing is, they have a plan. They had a ton of money. There wasn’t a top-heavy free agency class with a lot of big-money guys you are dying to get. Adding D.J. Moore is better than any receiver you are going to get in free agency.”

Chicago made the trade with Carolina earlier on the calendar than most similar trades are made. GM Ryan Poles indicated a deal with Houston for the second pick fell through. Had Chicago pulled off that trade, the team might have been able to double dip, moving down again. Waiting around in attempt to maximize value would have frozen some of the Bears’ plans for free agency, however.

“You can only put your focus and energy into so many parts of the roster when that type of deal is not done yet,” an exec said.

The Bears must feel good about addressing their offensive and defensive lines in the draft. Chicago holds the ninth pick, plus extra picks in the second, fourth, fifth and seventh rounds.

“If I’m a Bears fan, I’m still really pissed that we lost the 32nd pick in the draft for Chase Claypool,” another exec said, referencing the trade Chicago made with Pittsburgh during last season. “How bad does that move look now that you had to include D.J. Moore in the No. 1 pick trade?”

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

You brought up Braxton Jones. Matt Eberflus left the door open about him possibly being moved to right tackle. I have two questions for you on him. First, what are your thoughts on Jones and what he did in his rookie season?​

“Yeah, I wrote a scouting report on him coming out of Southern Utah that is up on Bleacher Report. Basically what I said in there is what I still think today after watching him. I had him graded I think in the fifth round as well. I thought he was like a high level developmental player. The fact that he played every game last year is incredibly impressive. I think considering his background is very impressive and all that. I think his issues in pass protection I’m not sure how correctable those are. I think, I would have to get pretty technical to discuss it, but I think he plays with limited range. I think he drops his outside foot too quickly, it creates short corners. Gets beat around the edge too easily. Opens up his hips and shoulders too quickly and that leads him vulnerable to getting beat across his face or driven back into the quarterback. And I don’t know that that is going to get really fixed.

I mean if he gets moved to right tackle that means that he’s now going to get more help in pass protection, then maybe because he is a good run blocker. But the pass protection thing to me, I think ideally he is your backup. You know he’s the swing tackle, but if we are not speaking ideally with the Bears’ offensive line. In their situation specifically where they have essentially nobody at tackle, he’s probably going to play next year as well even if they draft somebody. That could be at right tackle. I mean you could do worse, I guess, but there is kind of a fatal flaw in his pass protection that is going to be tough to overcome. With that said, I like his play strength. I like him as a run blocker. I think he adds value there for sure. So if you could have a really high end tackle opposite of him, somebody who is a very good pass protector, then you can funnel a majority of the help towards his side when you do pass the ball. Then he could probably start for a while and I think be functional.

@Anytime23 @Gustavus Adolphus this dude is hurting the feel goods.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
JSN better pray he doesn't end up on the Chiefs with Matt Nagy calling his curls and comebacks only offense.
Andy Reid is and always has been the actual play caller there.

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels

You brought up Braxton Jones. Matt Eberflus left the door open about him possibly being moved to right tackle. I have two questions for you on him. First, what are your thoughts on Jones and what he did in his rookie season?​

“Yeah, I wrote a scouting report on him coming out of Southern Utah that is up on Bleacher Report. Basically what I said in there is what I still think today after watching him. I had him graded I think in the fifth round as well. I thought he was like a high level developmental player. The fact that he played every game last year is incredibly impressive. I think considering his background is very impressive and all that. I think his issues in pass protection I’m not sure how correctable those are. I think, I would have to get pretty technical to discuss it, but I think he plays with limited range. I think he drops his outside foot too quickly, it creates short corners. Gets beat around the edge too easily. Opens up his hips and shoulders too quickly and that leads him vulnerable to getting beat across his face or driven back into the quarterback. And I don’t know that that is going to get really fixed.

I mean if he gets moved to right tackle that means that he’s now going to get more help in pass protection, then maybe because he is a good run blocker. But the pass protection thing to me, I think ideally he is your backup. You know he’s the swing tackle, but if we are not speaking ideally with the Bears’ offensive line. In their situation specifically where they have essentially nobody at tackle, he’s probably going to play next year as well even if they draft somebody. That could be at right tackle. I mean you could do worse, I guess, but there is kind of a fatal flaw in his pass protection that is going to be tough to overcome. With that said, I like his play strength. I like him as a run blocker. I think he adds value there for sure. So if you could have a really high end tackle opposite of him, somebody who is a very good pass protector, then you can funnel a majority of the help towards his side when you do pass the ball. Then he could probably start for a while and I think be functional.

@Anytime23 @Gustavus Adolphus this dude is hurting the feel goods.
Everyone fell in love with PFF grades, but he has issues in true pass protection. I agree with what he says.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Everyone fell in love with PFF grades, but he has issues in true pass protection. I agree with what he says.
He is one of the top OL evaluators.

The true pass sets across the entire OL was rough last year. The fatal flaw thing was unexpected, but perhaps the right side helps there.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He is one of the top OL evaluators.

The true pass sets across the entire OL was rough last year. The fatal flaw thing was unexpected, but perhaps the right side helps there.
Welp then they better get Paris Johnson Jr, Broderick Jones or Skoronski and hope he can play LT then and slide B.Jones to RT.