**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
For a 5th round developmental LT to have played every game the team is either monumentally bad or decimated by injuries, but there it is. He's still a steal even if he gets moved to the other side in 2023 and to swing in 2024.

It is interesting to hear a knowledgeable evaluator talk about technique and mechanics as all we ever hear on CCS is he needs to hit the weight room.

I would love to know what he thinks about the Leatherwood salvage project.
Yeah, the Braxton pick was a home run plain and simple, he was good no matter what the other circumstances were.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I'd love Bears to trade for Leonard Williams while they develop a rookie. They'll have to rework his contract but this would transform the defense.

Fellow Giants tackle Leonard Williams makes $21 million per year, according to OverTheCap. Only two teams pay two different defensive tackles more than $17 each — the 49ers (Javon Hargrave and Arik Armstead) and the Commanders (Payne and Jonathan Allen).

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He ran a 5.01 40 yard dash at 333lbs pretty incredible.

Poles got into the scouting business with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2009. He rose through the ranks to join their front office as a personnel director. During that time, they often dabbled in the Tennessee talent pool. Outside of star safety Eric Berry in 2010, every pick they made during Poles’ run there was an offensive lineman. Two became solid players too. Zach Fulton, a 6th round pick in 2014, has started six seasons in the NFL. Trey Smith, a 6th round pick in 2021, anchored the right guard spot for their reigning Super Bowl champion team.

Then during his first year as GM, Ryan Poles drafted Velus Jones in the 3rd round out of Tennessee. He has strong ties to that program

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
In fairness, that is awesome, buuuuut technically that is 0 reps cuz the behind needs to stay on the bench.

Similar to his football acumen, things are lackluster. Hiiyoooo

And before people get all bothered by this; I benched 400 in high school, because I have that Balkan strength and know my schtuff. Can’t bench worth shit now, so there is that at least.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Interesting ranking from their coach. I still say get JSN this year and whatever it takes for MHJR next year. We get Chiefs or Bengals 2.0 and can score with anyone to win with average "D".

Marvin Harrison Jr.- top 5 pick
Jaxon Smith-Njigba- top 10 pick (assuming the Bears would pick him at 9 in this scenario)
DJ Moore- picked him over a 2025 1st round pick
Chase Claypool- top 32 pick

If the Bears and Carolina both finish outside the top 5, you'd have to trade up using both 1sts for MHJr. That's 5 top 32 picks (aka 1st round) given up to get WRs from Oct 2022-April 2024.

The point of getting DJ Moore is so you don't have to keep chasing 1st round WRs. Then you turn around and chase 1st round WRs for 2 years straight? Man, please. I implore Bears fans to get to know some other prospects outside of Ohio State. My Goodness.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I’m 100% down for JSN. It will give Fields a ton of weapons. So many people want to pass on him to draft MHJ next year when there is zero guarantee he’s available with the Bears two 1st round picks. OL and DL can be found with the other draft picks.
JSN...............#1 WR prospect in this year's draft and will be there at #9, a great pick for sure, but I would still go in a different direction. Since I favor having as many draft picks in the top 50 as possible, I would love to see another trade down for that higher 2nd round pick and JSN is the bait. Both the Titans and Patriots have shown interest in him. Play one against the other and still be in a position to take one of the best tackles in this draft plus that higher second round pick.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
@dbldrew can’t catch a L break.

Remember everyone who didn’t watch Mac Jones his rookie year telling me how good he was? Luuuuuul Another ATDosTres #CALLEDIT
I was sweating bullets when the Bears were on the clock at 11. I told my friend if Pace selects Jones, I’m immediately selling my PSL. I wasn’t kidding. It would have been absolutely brutal!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was sweating bullets when the Bears were on the clock at 11. I told my friend if Pace selects Jones, I’m immediately selling my PSL. I wasn’t kidding. It would have been absolutely brutal!
You and me both. I didn’t think about it until Booger said he thinks they go Mac Jones and it honestly just felt so Bears.