**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I’ve read the false narrative that Fields can’t process quick enough. I think the truth is it’s tough to process when your face is getting kicked in.
He did much better when they switched from reading leverages and the choice concepts to the pure progressions. He seems fine at reading progressions, but really struggled early on. Also would help to get WR’s that create separation

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I cant wait for Claypool to shut all the idiots up. Its going to happen and its going to be glorious.
I hope you're right. The bitching about trading that pick for him is ridiculous. Claypool has shown in Pitt that he can play. The success rate on 2nd round picks is like a coin flip....roughly 50%. If he was 30ish, it's a different story but Claypool is only 24....I have no problem with the deal.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Give him some time when he gets single coverage due to Moore. He’s going to be good.
I think the Bears used Claypool all wrong. He essentially ran screens or go routes every play. Maybe because he didn't know the offense enough, but the Bears top 3 now all are guys you need to move all over the field, IMO. Mooney is a true vertical guy, but Claypool is like DJ Moore in that he can do a bit of everything. But unlike Moore, Claypool is a slower getting open, so sending him on crossing routes or putting him in motion helps him get a head of steam and then that 4.4 speed shows and he can run away from DBs. You still want to do the screens and gos to get him the ball, but I really think he can be a stud on in-breaking routes. Ironically, the play he got hurt on was the only time they ran him on the deep in route and it was a really big play (until the fumble).

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I cant wait for Claypool to shut all the idiots up. Its going to happen and its going to be glorious.
Imagine calling people idiots because they would rather have the #32 pick than Chase fucking Claypool haha

I hope you're right. The bitching about trading that pick for him is ridiculous. Claypool has shown in Pitt that he can play. The success rate on 2nd round picks is like a coin flip....roughly 50%. If he was 30ish, it's a different story but Claypool is only 24....I have no problem with the deal.
People are out here acting like the Bears traded for Tee Higgins. 50% hit rate on a player who could end up being a foundational piece, 4 years under contract and more draft flexibility > a 100% proven mediocre player for 1.5 years, who in one season manage to be a distraction for two different teams and has production regression. The dude had trouble getting on the field a month after being traded to a team with no legitimate weapons.

This shit honestly isn't close at all.

Reactions: chi

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine calling people idiots because they would rather have the #32 pick than Chase fucking Claypool haha

People are out here acting like the Bears traded for Tee Higgins. 50% hit rate on a player who could end up being a foundational piece, 4 years under contract and more draft flexibility > a 100% proven mediocre player for 1.5 years, who in one season manage to be a distraction for two different teams and has production regression. The dude had trouble getting on the field a month after being traded to a team with no legitimate weapons.

The story is not complete. At the moment, you are correct....let it play out and see what happens. There's risk in every trade and every draft pick. Heh, I have no idea who here was comparing him to Higgins, I imagine there are a few though.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I’m a massive ND homer and wanted nothing to do with him even in the 2020 draft. Trading for him was fine……until it was announced it was a 2nd rounder. Pittsburgh wanted to dump him badly. That should tell you something when a player on a rookie contract is on the block. If he was good, they would have made moves to keep him.

Reactions: chi