**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
People are out here acting like the Bears traded for Tee Higgins. 50% hit rate on a player who could end up being a foundational piece, 4 years under contract and more draft flexibility > a 100% proven mediocre player for 1.5 years, who in one season manage to be a distraction for two different teams and has production regression. The dude had trouble getting on the field a month after being traded to a team with no legitimate weapons.

This shit honestly isn't close at all.
For essentially a first round pick. Its one of the worst trades in Bears history, honestly I can't think of one worse in my time. Its blends everything together, from the atrocious scouting of Chase Claypool, to the weird need to swoop the Packers for him (wow I'm sure they're real upset about it lmao) to the complete inability of the Bears front office to self scout enough to realize how dreadful the Bears were and how that pick would be.

That's what makes it worse than the Mitchell Trubisky trade. That and the fact that at least Trubisky was an unknown, basically the whole world knew who Chase Claypool was and only the absolutely desperate Packers were in on him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For essentially a first round pick. Its one of the worst trades in Bears history, honestly I can't think of one worse in my time. Its blends everything together, from the atrocious scouting of Chase Claypool, to the weird need to swoop the Packers for him (wow I'm sure they're real upset about it lmao) to the complete inability of the Bears front office to self scout enough to realize how dreadful the Bears were and how that pick would be.

That's what makes it worse than the Mitchell Trubisky trade. That and the fact that at least Trubisky was an unknown, basically the whole world knew who Chase Claypool was and only the absolutely desperate Packers were in on him.
Lol. You never heard of Rick Mirer?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol the cunting on Claypool is hilarious. People just repeating the same shit over and over and over again. Truly vortex worthy.

Nothing said about Claypool between now and the season starting is new and there is nothing that will potentially change anyone's mind until he actually plays this season.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Lol the cunting on Claypool is hilarious. People just repeating the same shit over and over and over again. Truly vortex worthy.

Nothing said about Claypool between now and the season starting is new and there is nothing that will potentially change anyone's mind until he actually plays this season.

If Remy is proclaiming it vortex worthy, what else is there to say? We’ll know what’s what next season. Time to move on, boys.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Yeah, the infuriating part is the people who say "Poles couldn't have known the pick would be that high". Anyone with half a brain saw the direction the Bears were going. None of the rationalizations hold any weight. They found a better receiver via trade. The WR market wasn't crazy expensive. Now everyone seems to be in love with JSN, a guy who everyone didn't think was worth a 1st round pick 6 months ago. Lets face it, Poles fucked up by completely failing to help his QB in the off-season so he panic traded for Claypool. Whatever, its sunk cost but its tiresome to hear people act like it wasn't a horrible move.

I’m a massive ND homer and wanted nothing to do with him even in the 2020 draft. Trading for him was fine……until it was announced it was a 2nd rounder. Pittsburgh wanted to dump him badly. That should tell you something when a player on a rookie contract is on the block. If he was good, they would have made moves to keep him.
The part in bold is the one thing i dont really agree with. I can see the merit in a team like the Steelers trading him. They've traded and failed to resign quality receivers in the past. Organizationally they do a great job of drafting and developing these guys. Id feel diff if it was a team like the Bears or Pats trading a WR.

Maybe you can give us his PFF grade. That will really change some minds!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The story is not complete. At the moment, you are correct....let it play out and see what happens. There's risk in every trade and every draft pick. Heh, I have no idea who here was comparing him to Higgins, I imagine there are a few though.
I didn’t meant it like he was compared to Higgins. Just saying that people treat him as a proven commodity as if he’s some type of receiver of that caliber. He’s kind of just a guy. I don’t see guys as being of equal or greater value than high picks. If the bears drafted a wr at 32 and he ended up being Claypool a couple years from now I’d be disappointed

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe you can give us his PFF grade. That will really change some minds!

Try to read and comprehend. The only thing that will change minds at this point is him playing. Either he will produce this year or he wont.

Until then some people will continue to cunt and some people will wait and see.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the infuriating part is the people who say "Poles couldn't have known the pick would be that high". Anyone with half a brain saw the direction the Bears were going. None of the rationalizations hold any weight. They found a better receiver via trade. The WR market wasn't crazy expensive. Now everyone seems to be in love with JSN, a guy who everyone didn't think was worth a 1st round pick 6 months ago. Lets face it, Poles fucked up by completely failing to help his QB in the off-season so he panic traded for Claypool. Whatever, its sunk cost but its tiresome to hear people act like it wasn't a horrible move.
My problem with it is that it seems to loom larger and larger as time goes on and the off-season progresses.

The Bears got dealt a gift from the gods and a chance to mulligan this dogshit trade, and then they just didn't because Ryan Poles just had to complete that deal before free agency. Which doesn't make a lot of sense because his free agent strategy seemed to be to accumulate runningbacks and off-ball linebackers, which is not only a strategy that would've looked dicey twenty years ago but also would've had zero bearing on whether or not they made that deal with Carolina.

Remy is lurking around now, which means we're about to get eight paragraph long defenses of Poles that look they were written by run and shoot with a master's degree. But I think even he deep down, despite all his biases, knows that this shit ain't gonna work.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We used to have a ton of Claypool fans that always came at me how bad of a pick Kmet was and that Pace was an idiot for drafting Kmet over C.Claypool.

@Anytime23 @remydat

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My problem with it is that it seems to loom larger and larger as time goes on and the off-season progresses.

The Bears got dealt a gift from the gods and a chance to mulligan this dogshit trade, and then they just didn't because Ryan Poles just had to complete that deal before free agency. Which doesn't make a lot of sense because his free agent strategy seemed to be to accumulate runningbacks and off-ball linebackers, which is not only a strategy that would've looked dicey twenty years ago but also would've had zero bearing on whether or not they made that deal with Carolina.

Remy is lurking around now, which means we're about to get eight paragraph long defenses of Poles that look they were written by run and shoot with a master's degree. But I think even he deep down, despite all his biases, knows that this shit ain't gonna work.
Tucky knows.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Try to read and comprehend. The only thing that will change minds at this point is him playing. Either he will produce this year or he wont.

Until then some people will continue to cunt and some people will wait and see.
and you'll bury your head in the sand like the good Bears fan shill that you are. The poster boy for anti-meatballism, who does nothing but ignore what actually happens on the field in favor of numbers on a spreadsheet.

Wait and see. Wait and see. Same poster who thought a bunch of washed up vets and day 3 picks was substantial help. Bury head in sand. Wait and see. Rinse and repeat.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The worst is going to be when some guard they draft at sixty-third overall with the intention of moving to tackle is the organizations solution to the offensive line woes. I don't even know what to do with the defense though. You can't fix that with twice the number of draft picks the Bears have in the first three rounds.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The worst is going to be when some guard they draft at sixty-third overall with the intention of moving to tackle is the organizations solution to the offensive line woes. I don't even know what to do with the defense though. You can't fix that with twice the number of draft picks the Bears have in the first three rounds.
That’s why Pokes is fixing it through FA and the draft…..dumbass

Montucky

Liked Posts:
That’s why Pokes is fixing it through FA and the draft…..dumbass
Loading up on off-ball linebackers while your starting pass rushers would get laughed out of the room if they asked Dabo Swinney or Nick Saban for even a scholarship is the opposite of fixing a defense.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Loading up on off-ball linebackers while your starting pass rushers would get laughed out of the room if they asked Dabo Swinney or Nick Saban for even a scholarship is the opposite of fixing a defense.
Loading up on one of the more important positions in Flus defense is a bad thing? Let me ask you, who should the Bears have signed for the DL specifically pass rush? Players that were actually interested in joining the Bears? Cmon dumbass, hit me with your best shot!