OFFICAIL Hard Knocks IGT

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So Ryan Poles just made it up on a HBO program that will be viewed by millions. Don’t you think guys like Rap and Florio would be all over him if it was fabricated?

Use your brain.
Yeah they were on 670 the score this morning. Most notably Florio called bullshit.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
That is the average but there is huge standard deviation if you kick it and let them return. Could be starting at the 10 if it is muffed or could be a TD. The standard deviation if you kick it in the end zone is 0 as it is to the 30 yard line every time.

KC avg starting position could be 22 because their KR sucks so you giving Mahomes extra yeadds. Another team could be 35 because they have a goos return. So the 28.8 is meaningless as it is across all teams and could vary a lot.
Thanks for the lesson on average vs. standard deviation. You forgot to define median and mode as well.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yeah they were on 670 the score this morning. Most notably Florio called bullshit.
Rap and Florio were on 670 today and called Poles a liar?

I guess I’ll have to listen to the replay.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Your point was Special person. Everyone knows an average means there is numbers on each side of it. Nobody needed your unnecessary basic math explanation

Somone needs a lesson in math. An average doesnt mean there are nunbers on each side. 30, 30, 30, 30 is still an average of 30 and there are no numbers on each side of it because the standard deviation is 0.

10, 20, 30, 30, 40, 50 is still an average of 30 and has numbers on each side of it. The whole point was depending on circumstances the later may be better for the offense than the former.

So yes the point about standard deviation was relevant given you clearly did not understand it. Imagine calling someone a Special Person and then making such a mathematically incorrect statement that even a Special Person would laugh at your ignorance.

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Somone needs a lesson in math. An average doesnt mean there are nunbers on each side. 30, 30, 30, 30 is still an average of 30 and there are no numbers on each side of it because the standard deviation is 0.

10, 20, 30, 30, 40, 50 is still an average of 30 and has numbers on each side of it. The whole point was depending on circumstances the later may be better for the offense than the former.

So yes the point about standard deviation was relevant given you clearly did not understand it. Imagine calling someone a Special Person and then making such a mathematically incorrect statement that even a Special Person would laugh at your ignorance.
Thanks. I assumed every single return went for 28.4 yards in preseason, you fuckin mentally deficient dipshit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks. I assumed every single return went for 28.4 yards in preseason, you fuckin mentally deficient dipshit.

The discussion was about teams kicking it in the end zone and hence having the ball go to the 30 each time versus it being kicked short and returns averaging 28.4 yards. The poster was saying those 2 outcomes were essentially the same because the average is basically the same.

The point is the first scenario has a standard deviation of 0 because you get it at the 30 each time. The other scenario may average roughly the same but depending on the deviation in the returns could be a better or worse outcome.

So again the point was relevant. You either didnt get the math, didnt comprehend the argument properly or both.

This also doesnt change the fact your statement was mathematically wrong. An average does not always mean it has numbers on each side of it. The end.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The discussion was about teams kicking it in the end zone and hence having the ball go to the 30 each time versus it being kicked short and returns averaging 28.4 yards. The poster was saying those 2 outcomes were essentially the same because the average is basically the same.

The point is the first scenario has a standard deviation of 0 because you get it at the 30 each time. The other scenario may average roughly the same but depending on the deviation in the returns could be a better or worse outcome.

So again the point was relevant. You either didnt get the math, did comprehend the argument properly or both.
The point may have been relevant but was unimportant to state, as everyone understands basic math.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The point may have been relevant but was unimportant to state, as everyone understands basic math.
Except if the poster did then he would not have suggested getting it at the 30 each time was the same as averaging 28.4 if it is kicked short.

Your point was Special person. Everyone knows an average means there is numbers on each side of it. Nobody needed your unnecessary basic math explanation

Except you dont because if you did you would not have said the above.

True or False, does an average mean there are numbers on each side of it? Or can there be scenarios where an average consists of identical numbers like say 30 each time it is kicked in the end zone and not returned?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Except if the poster did then he would not have suggested getting it at the 30 each time was the same as averaging 28.4 if it is kicked short.

Except you dont because if you did you would not have said the above.

True or False, does an average mean there are numbers on each side of it? Or can there be scenarios where an average consists of identical numbers like say 30 each time it is kicked in the end zone and not returned?
True or false? Every single return in preseason was returned to the 28.4 yard line.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True or false? Every single return in preseason was returned to the 28.4 yard line.
Sorry you didnt answer my questions nor is this what you actually said.

This is what you said. Is the above correct mathematically?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Which is nothing. That was a charade to build him up so the fans would accept the fact that they were keeping him.
I cant believe im saying this but i agree with you. This stunk of the post-draft crap about teams calling Poles "cursing him out" for taking their guy. I feel like Poles really cares about perception and this was just another way to give the fans the illusion that this wasnt a totally wasted pick. You mean to tell me a guy going into his 3rd year fighting to be the #4 RB is worth more than a 5th or 6th? He wants a 4th for a roster bubble guy?

Sorry but im calling bullshit too. And Florio did say that Poles likely put that out there to spark some kind of trade market for a guy he actually does want to trade.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Think you guys overthinking it. Velus is 6 foot 205 pounds and runs a 4.31 40. As a RB that would be the 3rd fastest time in combine history. So it isnt really that far fetched to think another NFL team may have thought he was miscast as a WR and had him as a RB all long as many of us said early in his rookie year he should play more RB. That speed is tailor made for the Shanny/McVay outside zone and his inexperience isnt as big a deal as that scheme is predicated on making one cut so you dont need elite vision.