OFFICAIL Hard Knocks IGT

msadows

Liked Posts:
Think you guys overthinking it. Velus is 6 foot 205 pounds and runs a 4.31 40. As a RB that would be the 3rd fastest time in combine history. So it isnt really that far fetched to think another NFL team may have thought he was miscast as a WR and had him as a RB all long as many of us said early in his rookie year he should play more RB. That speed is tailor made for the Shanny/McVay outside zone and his inexperience isnt as big a deal as that scheme is predicated on making one cut so you dont need elite vision.

Nah, its much more likely poles reads this forum and did a troll move to piss daniel off.

Really tho, a team offered prob like a late 6th.

I dont think Velus has a future on offense but i'll be happy to be wrong.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah, its much more likely poles reads this forum and did a troll move to piss daniel off.

Really tho, a team offered prob like a late 6th.

I dont think Velus has a future on offense but i'll be happy to be wrong.

I could see him getting some touches to see if they found lightening in a bottle. His career YPR is 9.1 albeit on 17 carries.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But in the circumstance we are discussing and 99% of sports related discussions there is deviation. Thanks for the semantics discussion

No in the circumstances I was discussing there is no deviation if you kick it in the end zone and the team takes it to the 30. You jumped into a convo and didnt understand the topic was juat aboit the 28.4 average. It was the 28.4 average vs the 30 average if you kick it in the end zone.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Think you guys overthinking it. Velus is 6 foot 205 pounds and runs a 4.31 40. As a RB that would be the 3rd fastest time in combine history. So it isnt really that far fetched to think another NFL team may have thought he was miscast as a WR and had him as a RB all long as many of us said early in his rookie year he should play more RB. That speed is tailor made for the Shanny/McVay outside zone and his inexperience isnt as big a deal as that scheme is predicated on making one cut so you dont need elite vision.

I also don’t think poles cares about saving face and trying to make it work because he was a 3rd round picks. Those picks bust far more often than not.

He wasted a 2nd on Claypool and instead of trying to make it work, he cut bait and traded him for peanuts. Poles doesn’t seem like the guy to stubbornly hold onto players just for the perception that they were good decisions.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
My take aways

Curious that they were going to sign Rypien over Reed to the practice squad - But understand why because of his experience.
Rypien very complementary about how solid the QB's room was in his exit interview. Sad to leave the team even after he signed with the Vikes. He mentioned he wanted to be there because they would be good as he was catching his plane to Minny.

On VJJ - Sounded like at camp start he was a guy on the cut line unless he took the next step. At camp end he improved his value by moving positions and checking several boxes. He had several of the coaches advocate for his return HC, OC, STC, and RB coach all in his corner - Pretty impressive camp this season, looking for good things.

WR room is stacked - A lot of light shined on each one of them.

Both sides of the trenches has promising players.

Noticed the Defense wasn't spotlighted nearly as much.

Heartbreaker that Adrian Colbert gets cut after everything he has been through - wish him the best.

Poles seems to have built is right - Best outlook I have had in long time...

Organization seems to have turned the corner and on the upswing...Hardknocks was definitely a huge PLUS for Chicago.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great feel-good series by the Bears and HBO. Watched it every week with my family and we couldn't be prouder. Bravo.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I also don’t think poles cares about saving face and trying to make it work because he was a 3rd round picks. Those picks bust far more often than not.

He wasted a 2nd on Claypool and instead of trying to make it work, he cut bait and traded him for peanuts. Poles doesn’t seem like the guy to stubbornly hold onto players just for the perception that they were good decisions.

Anyone thinking Poles needed an excuse to keep VJJ hasn't been paying attention. Then why did he ship off Claypool if that was the case?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The NFL didn’t alter the touchback starting position, so a ball kicked into or out of the end zone will result in the offense taking over at its own 30-yard line. The Competition Committee originally proposed the 35.

I'm guessing if it got to the point where teams kick it out of bounds regularly, it will be changed to the 35

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'm reading that VJJ says his agent told him at least one team contacted the Bears and offered a day 3 pick for.him before cutdown day....

Hmmmmm

Wonder if @DanielCCSBears thinks that VJJ and his agent this now part of this conspiracy theory/lie???

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm reading that VJJ says his agent told him at least one team contacted the Bears and offered a day 3 pick for.him before cutdown day....

Hmmmmm

Wonder if @DanielCCSBears thinks that VJJ and his agent this now part of this conspiracy theory/lie???

Poles clearly told them to fabricate this story for the cameras

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Hmmmmm

That's nice. A team was giving up a Day 3 pick for a guy whose only value is as a kick returner. I'm sure someone is eager to add his two career touchdowns to their roster.

Velus Jones value right now is please don't do anything to fuck up.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since it's the Bears; the season was interesting and a must watch for most

However.....it was probably one of the most edited, non drama, disney/leave it to beaver, no real excitement or attachment seasons in the history of the show........probably exactly the way the mccaskys wanted it

Everyone came across as extremely likeable and nice......which is great but for this type of show; not overly entertaining if you're not a Bear fan.

And I'm pretty sure each episode ended 5-12 minutes before the hour.....thus cutting a ton of material.
they should have added some tranny's for you.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That's nice. A team was giving up a Day 3 pick for a guy whose only value is as a kick returner. I'm sure someone is eager to add his two career touchdowns to their roster.

What does your genius journalist/former nfl scout brain think a 53rd man on the roster does?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not to toot my own horn but i was actually the first to bring that up and then remy ran with it.
How is this news? Most thought VJ was drafted as a Deebo/Patterson type of project. It's more of a surprise it took this long to get him in the backfield but I think that has more to do with his slow development at WR. Sort of a similar path of Patterson taking 6 years to have a 200yd rushing year when NE changed his emphasis. I don't think he'll ever be that good but could become a valuable change of pace type back.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How is this news? Most thought VJ was drafted as a Deebo/Patterson type of project. It's more of a surprise it took this long to get him in the backfield but I think that has more to do with his slow development at WR. Sort of a similar path of Patterson taking 6 years to have a 200yd rushing year when NE changed his emphasis. I don't think he'll ever be that good but could become a valuable change of pace type back.
Probably should be asking @playthrough2001 since he's the one that brought it up and i was clearly responding to his post about it.

greg23

Liked Posts:

So now it's true that a team offered a trade similar or more than the bears got for Fields.....or is this all still a con job?