OFFICAIL Hard Knocks IGT

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Watching that clip of Saban advising Flus did more for my opinion of him than any new haircut or beard. Of course Nagy had Reid mentoring him and we all know how that worked out
Watching that clip it made clear to me that there's just a lacking in intelligence from Eberflus needed to be a good head coach.

He's a simple dude and when you put him next to one of the greatest minds in football history, it shows. This roster is fucking excellent and Eberflus really does understand defense at a high level but when it comes down to it - he's not the sharpest crayon and that's going to cost this franchise.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It was fine. The biggest storyline was the backup QB battle but I guess there’s not much going on at the moment

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wasn't blown away, but it's something to get us through the next few weeks of TC. Maybe it will get better.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that was the first episode of Hard Knocks that I have ever seen. If it wasn't covering the Bears, I don't think I would be watching the next one. Maybe it picks up steam, after they figure out an unexpected story to tell? I imagine they have to cast a large net on the first one.
HK has mostly been about GM & HC decisions before the season ( cuts), we know most of the starters already, I just wish the Bears had an offensive minded HC

Last edited:

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Just finished it, and my reaction is also "Meh". This was less interesting than the HOF game to me, which itself was about as interesting as counting how many times my 10 year old rat terrier retches before finally puking (retches 4 times before puking for those that are interested). Ive seen his family at the Starbucks in Lake Forest before so that wasn't new to me. I dunno, I kind of want more of the players mic'ed up and fuckin around at practice and less non-football.

I found the Giants preseason show a lot more interesting, I think it was 100% MORE relevant to football than episode 1 for the Bears.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think it made Eberflus look bad.

Username

Liked Posts:
So. Well the trailer featured the 85 bears heavily, but they were no were to be seen in this episode, which is a shame. Instead they spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME on Kmet throwing a bad pitch at a Cubs game. I'd rather have watched Hester highlites and you think they would have tugged our heart strings with Mingo, but instead we get a lot of Biles. They didn't focus in on anyone, but Floose, who seems to like to tell Caleb obvious things. At least they didn't show tweedle dee and tweedle dumb (Warren and George).
What was not shown... the beginning weeks of practice with Caleb suckin' and the D barking.
What was not said.... The practices shown were in pads, meaning there were weeks of practice before without pads, and Caleb is still not living up to the hype... remember that.
Also where's our Aussie?

Rise

Liked Posts:
I echo the Eberflus disappointment. I was hoping to get some new perspective on him and see another side that I haven’t seen. Sadly I did not. I have hated this hire from day one and nothing about this show changed that. Was like Saban was talking to a teenager, different levels to this and it showed.

Meatball side of me liked the Bulls/Clay/Caleb intro.

Loved the Canadien Eagle, hope to see Caleb get a redo on his song.

DJ Moore is my favorite current Bear.

I think it’s been an offseason of a lifetime for Bears fans, we even have Simone Biles.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn’t realize how recent the content would be. I thought we’d be a couple more weeks back. I also didn’t realize we were practicing with pads on already.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
HK has mostly been about GM & HC decisions before the season ( cuts), we know most of the starters already, I just wish the Bears had an offensive minded HC
Eberflus is much more engaged with Caleb than I thought he would be.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I echo the Eberflus disappointment. I was hoping to get some new perspective on him and see another side that I haven’t seen. Sadly I did not. I have hated this hire from day one and nothing about this show changed that. Was like Saban was talking to a teenager, different levels to this and it showed.

Meatball side of me liked the Bulls/Clay/Caleb intro.

Loved the Canadien Eagle, hope to see Caleb get a redo on his song.

DJ Moore is my favorite current Bear.

I think it’s been an offseason of a lifetime for Bears fans, we even have Simone Biles.

New perspective on a one hour episode of training camp? Nothing they show will change your mind as its already made up