In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
The episode was very vanilla, a little corny and cliche... Basically it was Eberflus aka OK. It was fine for a family friendly national audience but I hope we get more grit and fire in the episodes to come.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The episode was very vanilla, a little corny and cliche... Basically it was Eberflus aka OK. It was fine for a family friendly national audience but I hope we get more grit and fire in the episodes to come.

Its always gonna be vanilla if the bears get the final say. Fluss may end up a great coach but he doesnt have much of a personality and george/ginny are like the most boring owners in sports

NeverDieEasy

Righter of Wrongs
Liked Posts:
Liked the post-HOF game coaches injury update clip on Theo "Eagle" Benedet. The 6'7" 305-pound Canadian rookie singing Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA in his banana huggers (team loved it). Didn't see his injury during the game but they showed him getting rolled on C. Johnson's 2nd TD catch point after. Update reported he suffered a Grade 2 hamstring strain and is expected to miss the rest of training camp. Rough break for the kid.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Caleb Williams confirmed bust after that Michael Jordan intro.

Nick Saban- QB's fail because of the expectations put on them.

HBO lets compare a guy who never took a snap yet to the GOAT of basketball and could be bigger in the city of Chicago.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

HBO lets compare a guy who never took a snap yet to the GOAT of basketball and could be bigger in the city of Chicago.
Caleb > Brees. I said it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well, Brees may have got new hair but not a new arm so you are correct at this point.
Brees was one of the greatest gifts to New Orleans. Saban made one of the biggest all time mistakes by passing on him for Culpepper.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Felt like for at least halve the episode they were attempting to lower the expectation and then they introduce him with the bulls into clearly comparing him to Jordan, just felt really strange to me.

Hopefully they introduce some interesting story lines but from the first episode it seemed like a HC and group of players with little personality.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brees was one of the greatest gifts to New Orleans. Saban made one of the biggest all time mistakes by passing on him for Culpepper.
In Saban defense, that wasnt on him. Brees was signed, sealed, and delivered. The medical team didnt pass him so they pivoted to Culpepper. Brees was not coming to us until that happened. Dolphins medical team brought us a ship!

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I echo the Eberflus disappointment. I was hoping to get some new perspective on him and see another side that I haven’t seen. Sadly I did not. I have hated this hire from day one and nothing about this show changed that. Was like Saban was talking to a teenager, different levels to this and it showed.

Meatball side of me liked the Bulls/Clay/Caleb intro.

Loved the Canadien Eagle, hope to see Caleb get a redo on his song.

DJ Moore is my favorite current Bear.

I think it’s been an offseason of a lifetime for Bears fans, we even have Simone Biles.
I agree. I was against the Flus hire from the get go and think this offseason would've been epic if we had replaced him, but I hope I'm just wrong on my assessment. Sadly, periodic insights like watching him with Saban make me feel like he just isn't "the guy" to be the long term solution at HC for the Bears.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Lunch pails too. I really wanna see the lunch pails.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Flus is a dork and very awkward but as long as the team starts stacking wins and the team buys in I don’t really care. At the very least, he’s good at his side of the ball which is more than we could say for the last HC.

George clearly loves the guy so barring a catastrophic season he’s not going anywhere.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You have to understand football to appreciate a behind the scenes look. My wife didn't like it either.
You look like Don Rickles in your avatar

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You have to understand football to appreciate a behind the scenes look. My wife didn't like it either.

Maybe someday I’ll understand football enough to appreciate a guy in eagle underwear, a slip and slide, and the umpteenth discussion of Flus’s glow up.