***OFFICIAL*** Bears 2020 Training Camp thread

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course Mitch looks better in practice! He knows the facilities, the water boys, all of his teammates and coaches, etc. He's more comfortable. And he's younger and less stiff. Practice ain't shit.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course Mitch looks better in practice! He knows the facilities, the water boys, all of his teammates and coaches, etc. He's more comfortable. And he's younger and less stiff. Practice ain't shit.

this is a weird response

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Darnell Mooney has me kind of excited. If Miller stays healthy, and Mooney can develop to a reliable #3 we have a legit WR room for the next couple years. When was the last time the Bears were 3 deep at WR?
I wouldn't get your hopes up. There is always a camp hero that somehow vanishes into a thin air. Hope I'm wrong! This would also mean that Ridley was a waste of a pick.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't get your hopes up. There is always a camp hero that somehow vanishes into a thin air. Hope I'm wrong! This would also mean that Ridley was a waste of a pick.
Why?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
We’ll call it cautious enthusiasm and peaked interest lol. Hopefully one of Wimms, Ridley, or Mooney can become a reliable 3. Preferably Mooney, because his speed is no joke.

Bort

Liked Posts:

In case you missed the news, there are no preseason games, so practice is literally everything when it comes to who will be named the the week 1 starter.

• Love
Reactions: DC

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because he has done nothing. Hasn't flashed at all and then gets beat out by a 5th round pick from Tulane? Not looking promising.
OK but that response has nothing to do with Mooney doing well making it so. Ridley will either step up or not but that pick's success is not dependent on Mooney. Nothing wrong with having 4 capable WRs.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Mitch chokes in live games, not training camp...lol.

Besides, Mitch was been in this exact offense for two years and with many of the same players.

Agreed. This was never a true QB completion to begin with. Pace wants his guy Trubs to start, so he is going to start. DESPITE WHAT HE SAYS Pace is still praying that Trubs won’t be a bust and have this dumb pick follow him the rest of his life and make a laughingstock of his career as GM.

Trubs will start. He will play poorly as usual and be replaced by week 4.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Dude draft picks are a gamble with terrible odds. It isn't a waste, it's natural to the game.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
You may be right, but I doubt any QB could excel with the sorry TE, and RB production and lack of quality WRs behind Allen Robinson we had last year.

You must not watch a lot of football. Carson Wentz would have given his left nut to have Allen Robinson last year. Wentz lost ALL of his skill players - WR, TE, RB - all out due to injury. He then took a bunch of castoffs and practice squad players to the playoffs.

If you can ball, you will ball out. Period. All the excuse making for Trubs has to stop.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You must not watch a lot of football. Carson Wentz would have given his left nut to have Allen Robinson last year. Wentz lost ALL of his skill players - WR, TE, RB - all out due to injury. He then took a bunch of castoffs and practice squad players to the playoffs.

If you can ball, you will ball out. Period. All the excuse making for Trubs has to stop.

The eagles won 1 more game and played in possibly the easiest division in football....while this is not an excuse for Trubisky, Wentz had the benefit of a running game...I would imagine Trubisky would have given his right nut for a running game that averaged over an extra half yard per attempt....

Wentz also had really good TE play....

Half a dozen of one, 6 of the other