Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Darnell Mooney has me kind of excited. If Miller stays healthy, and Mooney can develop to a reliable #3 we have a legit WR room for the next couple years. When was the last time the Bears were 3 deep at WR?

In 2013 they had Marshall, Jeffery and Hester with Bennett at TE.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Of course Mitch looks better in practice! He knows the facilities, the water boys, all of his teammates and coaches, etc. He's more comfortable. And he's younger and less stiff. Practice ain't shit.
Mitch chokes in live games, not training camp...lol.

Besides, Mitch has been in this exact offense for two years and with many of the same players.
So now we have the Foles excuse train chugging. Puff(new ((though I was told it was the same))offense), Puff(new players), chug( new facilities), chug(more comfortable), chug chuga chug(he's younger and less stiff), practice is meaningless when Trubisky looks better than Foles(whoooooooo, whoooooooo.)

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Naw, they are both shite. Just not getting super pumped about all the organization's Trubisky fluffing. For all we know, they are drumming up interest for a 6th round pick, lol.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Naw, they are both shite. Just not getting super pumped about all the organization's Trubisky fluffing. For all we know, they are drumming up interest for a 6th round pick, lol.

The media is drumming up interest for a trade?.....because that is where most of the comments are coming from about Trbuisky looking better.

Nagy has been pretty low key on the QBs.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
didnt he play bad in training camp last year? i dont remember much being said about trubisky having a good camp?
Yes.
Agreed. This was never a true QB completion to begin with.

Trubs will start. He will play poorly as usual and be replaced by week 4.
So what, you want Foles to start even if Trubisky continues to outplay him the entire training camp? sounds like you are in favor of a non competition QB "completion" only because your guy is losing.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
didnt he play bad in training camp last year? i dont remember much being said about trubisky having a good camp?

He was called out numerous times for having a weak camp last season. This is do or die time for Mitch in Chicago but he has the physical skill to get the job done. It's year number three in the same offense and it looks like he'll have legitimate options at TE which is a staple of the Reid WC offense. He needs to produce.

As a Bear fan, I absolutely hope he kicks ass this year and keeps Foles firmly planted on the bench.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What organization fluffing? Nagy literally refuses to make any comparison of the 2 as of now, it is the media, which has little love for Trubisky, saying Mitch has been consistently better.

I get a kick about confirmation bias when the confirmation evidence is exactly the opposite. Trump has truly unleashed the ability to ignore every bit of evidence for ones made up reality.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Distinctly remember all the talk about picks and almost picks. Hoge and Jahns mentioned yesterday they just kinda overlooked it lol

Yeah man, for fucks sake! If you really want to get a good laugh, listen to Hoge and Jahns' podcast the day before the GB first game. In it they're discussing how we should win and all getting all rah rah whoohahahha and shit, when they pop the question like a fat cherry: what could cause us to lose the game?

The answer was if Bad Mitch were to show up. They then went into it for a couple of minutes about how if bad Mitch were to show up, it would be the season and detailed exactly how. Bad Mitch showed up and the rest was history.

This is in light of the fact that they would routinely bring up how he didn't look good in practice but would then dismiss it by saying "Big Bad D!" boogelah boogelah and all that jazz.

Whatever. If Biscuit had played like Jimmy G did, maybe the season wouldn't have been a wash, but maybe not because he hadn't fixed his mechanics yet. The GMF interview I just watched started with him saying how fixing his footwork has helped him pass. I have no idea how many armchair qb gurus on this board have been harping on that exact issue for years. Come on now!

So, yeah. Bad Mitch better not show up again.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
What organization fluffing? Nagy literally refuses to make any comparison of the 2 as of now, it is the media, which has little love for Trubisky, saying Mitch has been consistently better.

I get a kick about confirmation bias when the confirmation evidence is exactly the opposite. Trump has truly unleashed the ability to ignore every bit of evidence for ones made up reality.
Calm your tits!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
In 2013 they had Marshall, Jeffery and Hester with Bennett at TE.

I'm confused. Who's the third receiver you mean?

Wait, did you forget how bad Hester was at WR? That was a thing back in the day, how by putting him on O diluted his ability to really excel on ST. In fact, it is actually basis for the argument against using Patterson on O too much.

Unless you're joking, in which case, that's the kind of funny like saying that the Bears haven't had a good QB since the trade for Cutler, because it brought hope. You know, the shit that's only funny to GB and Viking fans. Detroit doesn't get a laugh.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So now we have the Foles excuse train chugging. Puff(new ((though I was told it was the same))offense), Puff(new players), chug( new facilities), chug(more comfortable), chug chuga chug(he's younger and less stiff), practice is meaningless when Trubisky looks better than Foles(whoooooooo, whoooooooo.)

Can you imagine getting upset when ppl make fun of Mitch? It's like getting defensive about Blake Bortles...lol

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yes.
So what, you want Foles to start even if Trubisky continues to outplay him the entire training camp? sounds like you are in favor of a non competition QB "completion" only because your guy is losing.

Why do you have such a hard on for Trubisky? The dude is slightly looking better then Foles, who has never worked in this offense before. I’m glad there is competition and each QB has 3 more weeks to improve. I hope Trubisky turns things around but if he barely wins the QB competition against Foles, that gives me no hope going into the season. At this point in Trubiskys career, the Bears shouldn’t have needed to bring in competition.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you have such a hard on for Trubisky? The dude is slightly looking better then Foles, who has never worked in this offense before. I’m glad there is competition and each QB has 3 more weeks to improve. I hope Trubisky turns things around but if he barely wins the QB competition against Foles, that gives me no hope going into the season. At this point in Trubiskys career, the Bears shouldn’t have needed to bring in competition.

Right?

The organization wouldn't even exercise Mitchell's option...lol.

Why would anyone cape so hard?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Can you imagine hating on Mitch even when all signs point too so far hes winning against ya boi foles
He’s slightly winning week one of TC when Foles is still feeling out the offense and his teammates? Congrats #2 pick, your doing a great job!

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
Agreed, but saying that Foles has never been in this offense is not accurate. Maybe not the Nagy "Chicago Bears version", but he was with Nagy in Kansas City. After that he was with Doug Petersen (same offense) in Philly.
He has worked with Bill Lazor, John DiFillippo, And Matt Nagy before this year. So, don't try to paint Foles as being at a disadvantage, cause he isn't.
Foles is here to push 10. Foles is here cause he knows the offense. Foles is here as insurance. He will not see a down if Trubs plays well/ stays healthy...