***OFFICIAL*** Bears 2020 Training Camp thread

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Agreed, but saying that Foles has never been in this offense is not accurate. Maybe not the Nagy "Chicago Bears version", but he was with Nagy in Kansas City. After that he was with Doug Petersen (same offense) in Philly.
He has worked with Bill Lazor, John DiFillippo, And Matt Nagy before this year. So, don't try to paint Foles as being at a disadvantage, cause he isn't.
Foles is here to push 10. Foles is here cause he knows the offense. Foles is here as insurance. He will not see a down if Trubs plays well/ stays healthy...
I get what your saying but in reality Matt Nagys offense has never looked like KC or Phillys offense. I see similar formations/concepts, but I’m sure verbally it’s a lot different. Although he has worked with all those coaches before, he’s never worked with the players and that plays a big role.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch looks better! He knows the water boys, etc. He's more comfortable. And he's young and stiff. Practice ain't shit.
Hidden messages? Redacted like a white house release.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Mitch chokes in live games, not training camp...lol.

Besides, Mitch has been in this exact offense for two years and with many of the same players.

Mitch has also driven the team down the field and scored or put us in field goal range multiple times at the end of the 4th quarter. He did it in the Philly playoff game but of course we got the double doink. He just needs to get good/great and then stay at that level on a consistent basis throughout games and week after week.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Agreed, but saying that Foles has never been in this offense is not accurate. Maybe not the Nagy "Chicago Bears version", but he was with Nagy in Kansas City. After that he was with Doug Petersen (same offense) in Philly.
He has worked with Bill Lazor, John DiFillippo, And Matt Nagy before this year. So, don't try to paint Foles as being at a disadvantage, cause he isn't.
Foles is here to push 10. Foles is here cause he knows the offense. Foles is here as insurance. He will not see a down if Trubs plays well/ stays healthy...
That's one hell of a big IF!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Marty B in 2013 is better than any TE on the roster but I think Robinson + Miller + a 3rd option > Marshall + Jeffery + Hester.
I don't until they do it. Marshal made 6 Pro Bowls and was nobody's favorite son. I love AR but he's made 1. Jeffrey is better than Miller until Miller finally settles into this O and puts up some #s. Hester sucked but we don't even know who to compare him to yet.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Darnell Mooney has me kind of excited. If Miller stays healthy, and Mooney can develop to a reliable #3 we have a legit WR room for the next couple years. When was the last time the Bears were 3 deep at WR?

We are always at least three deep at wide receiver.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing to worry about. One game or maybe two. That's it. Hope I'm wrong.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why do you have such a hard on for Trubisky? The dude is slightly looking better then Foles, who has never worked in this offense before.

Right?

The organization wouldn't even exercise Mitchell's option...lol.

Why would anyone cape so hard?
Why does every guy that has given up on Mitch, hate those that haven't? It's like you are personally offended that I read that Mitch has been better than Foles and don't immediately make up an alternate reality or find excuses why this is happening or agree with those that do.

As for Foles vs Mitch, of course I would prefer the younger, bigger upside, Bears draftee over the aging middling rent-a-QB. How could any Bears fan not?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Last week it was, "Foles was signed because he knows this offense."
This week it is, " well of course Trubiksy is outplaying him, this is a whole new offense for Foles."
Tribalism is stupefying.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
OK but that response has nothing to do with Mooney doing well making it so. Ridley will either step up or not but that pick's success is not dependent on Mooney. Nothing wrong with having 4 capable WRs.
Can anyone name a team that had 4 WRs that were really good at the same time? I recall the Vikings with Carter, Moss and Jake Reed at the same time one year. Reed was very underrated.

I am not talking about RB and TEs being added as really good receivers or the 49ers would probably have 4.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can anyone name a team that had 4 WRs that were really good at the same time? I recall the Vikings with Carter, Moss and Jake Reed at the same time one year. Reed was very underrated.

I am not talking about RB and TEs being added as really good receivers or the 49ers would probably have 4.
Not too often and still don't get what it has to do with making one of them a wasted draft pick, especially when he was taken in the back of the 4th round.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This week it is, " well of course Trubiksy is outplaying him, this is a whole new offense for Foles."
Tribalism is stupefying.
And it's early. Why the premature leveraging? Won't affect a thing. When Ridley was drafted, we had a speed guy. When Mooney was taken, we didn't and it was a big need going into this draft. So much so that Pace doubled up with Ginn.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tribalism is stupefying.

You have to admit that it was an impressively fast (and shameless) 180, even by the lofty standards of CCS.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

greatest show on turf had Ricky Proehl as their #4, who was good enough to start for us at one point!