***OFFICIAL*** Bears 2020 Training Camp thread

bareness

Liked Posts:
didnt he play bad in training camp last year? i dont remember much being said about trubisky having a good camp?
First real observation, reports out of training camp last stated Mitchell Trubisky did not look good but it was practice and Nagy said he wasn't too concerned with mistakes, he just wanted progression that did not happen in 2019. Mitch was not only missing throws but throwing interceptions. Now because of the pandemic its really hard to get take on whats really going on. All reports including from Hub stats that Trubisky has been sharp except for the blunder at the goal line yesterday but like most of you I want to see it on the field. I think Mitch will get the first three games to show what he can do and after that the Bears have a critical 6 game stretch where Trubisky will get exposed if didnt improve. Lions, Giants, & Falcons will be wins but after that the real test begins.
Agreed. This was never a true QB completion to begin with. Pace wants his guy Trubs to start, so he is going to start. DESPITE WHAT HE SAYS Pace is still praying that Trubs won’t be a bust and have this dumb pick follow him the rest of his life and make a laughingstock of his career as GM.

Trubs will start. He will play poorly as usual and be replaced by week 4.
I disagree with you here. If there is no real competition then there was no need for the trade for Foles. Now on the other hand, I think plan all along was to let Mitch play the first three games against Lions, Giants, and Falcons. After that the Bears are in a six game
Why does every guy that has given up on Mitch, hate those that haven't? It's like you are personally offended that I read that Mitch has been better than Foles and don't immediately make up an alternate reality or find excuses why this is happening or agree with those that do.

As for Foles vs Mitch, of course I would prefer the younger, bigger upside, Bears draftee over the aging middling rent-a-QB. How could any Bears fan not?
Yesterday Hub Arkush even stated Mitch was looking sharp this week except for two notable plays: the almost interception by Deon Bush and the goal line blunder yesterday. I understand everyone's frustration with the 2017 2nd overall pick because he looked lost last year. The hate on this man on this board and across this nation is over kill right one. Look, I see this way, Mitch has three games to show improvement before a critical six game stretch will expose his inconsistencies against the Colts, Bucs, Panthers, Rams, Saints, & Titans. He needs to go 4-2 or will get pulled period. If he falters thats it unless Foles gets hurt during that stretch thst would allow Mitch to see the field again. For all the disappointment people have for Mitch better hope he got better on this team will be blown up to start over. You cant keep paying a defense hoping you will luckily find a Ryan Fitzpatrick. So lets boo and bitch and complain to only return back to the Trestman years.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch chokes in live games, not training camp...lol.

Besides, Mitch has been in this exact offense for two years and with many of the same players.

Mitch was awful in training camp last year.

I don’t know if this tells us anything about Mitch, it is starting to tell me that Foles isn’t as good as some people thought.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At end of the day, all that matters is how they play in the real games. So long as Nagy pulls the trigger if the initial starter is not delivering.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At end of the day, all that matters is how they play in the real games. So long as Nagy pulls the trigger if the initial starter is not delivering.

Not sucking in practice > sucking in practice

I get that guys who have practiced well have disappointed in games.

I don’t have any examples of guys who sucked in practice and then are good in games.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch was awful in training camp last year.

I don’t know if this tells us anything about Mitch, it is starting to tell me that Foles isn’t as good as some people thought.
Foles is pretty good at risk management in games. I don't mean not taking them but picking his spots. He's never been shy. Unless they go live in scrimmages, It will be difficult to know if Mitch can manage game dynamics until he does. That said, good news regarding Mitch is exactly that. Looking off DBs and being able to hit targets at varying trajectories are already clear positives. That they are talked about in year 4 is a bit disconcerting but it's Mitch. Dude is an enigma. My thoughts on Mitch include that he will make everyone wrong about him at some point in time... which means he'll be great this year, LOL.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hoge, Finley, Jahns, Stankivitez don’t work for the organization.
Matters not, I have it on good authority it's all a ploy. Mitch is incapable of throwing in bounds, hitting WR in stride, or even using a spork.
Just not getting super pumped about all the organization's Trubisky fluffing

bareness

Liked Posts:
This thread is funny. "I know Mitch is improved because of tweets about it."

Lol.
I with you here. Ultimately, I hope Mitch improves but I need to see it on the field. We will know everything by week 4. I give him three games to show what he's got.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Why does every guy that has given up on Mitch, hate those that haven't? It's like you are personally offended that I read that Mitch has been better than Foles and don't immediately make up an alternate reality or find excuses why this is happening or agree with those that do.

As for Foles vs Mitch, of course I would prefer the younger, bigger upside, Bears draftee over the aging middling rent-a-QB. How could any Bears fan not?
I don’t hate those that haven’t given up on Mitch. I don’t understand the praise for Mitch, as if he’s a great QB. I’m glad he’s looking better in training camp, but that’s the thing, it’s only training camp. We have seen Trubiskys ceiling and it’s a middle of the pack starting QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t hate those that haven’t given up on Mitch. I don’t understand the praise for Mitch, as if he’s a great QB. I’m glad he’s looking better in training camp, but that’s the thing, it’s only training camp. We have seen Trubiskys ceiling and it’s a middle of the pack starting QB.

No one is saying he is great.

Playing good > playing bad. That is it.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Not too often and still don't get what it has to do with making one of them a wasted draft pick, especially when he was taken in the back of the 4th round.
I am not trying to get into anyone's pissing match. I was just curious if there was a team that had 4 solid WRs on a team.