***OFFICIAL*** Bears 2020 Training Camp thread

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It is weird.

I have beaten up Mitch and Pace for picking him.

I am happy with him playing well. Him improving is the best thing for the Bears.
Well, the best news would be those 2 walk on QBs have great tryouts, get signed, eventually start and are the next 2 Hall of Fame Bear QBs.

Two because they can run Nagy's infamous 2 QB plays.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am not trying to get into anyone's pissing match. I was just curious if there was a team that had 4 solid WRs on a team.
Wasn't ragging you, just staying on context. :)

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’s slightly winning week one of TC when Foles is still feeling out the offense and his teammates? Congrats #2 pick, your doing a great job!
All ive heard is how familiar with the coaches and system foles is so save the excuses
Mitch wins babay

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I am just liking the TE reports. The TEs were garbage last year. Hopefully the Bears have hit gold with the Kmet pick.
From what I've seen of him in college I REALLY love his game. I don't think he'll be great but good for years to come.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
The eagles won 1 more game and played in possibly the easiest division in football....while this is not an excuse for Trubisky, Wentz had the benefit of a running game...I would imagine Trubisky would have given his right nut for a running game that averaged over an extra half yard per attempt....

Wentz also had really good TE play....

Half a dozen of one, 6 of the other
He also had a much much better offensive line. Yeah, Trubs had Allen Robinson. But aside from that, Wentz had a stronger supporting cast

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Why do you have such a hard on for Trubisky? The dude is slightly looking better then Foles, who has never worked in this offense before. I’m glad there is competition and each QB has 3 more weeks to improve. I hope Trubisky turns things around but if he barely wins the QB competition against Foles, that gives me no hope going into the season. At this point in Trubiskys career, the Bears shouldn’t have needed to bring in competition.
Slightly better means he wins 3 days in camp versus Foles 2. Winning every day is significant

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We're not going to know how well Mitch plays until the games begin. Training camp fluff has been going on forever

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone hear anymore about Germain Ifredi at RG lately ? We could use a 'break' at RG and Castillo makin chicken soup outta ... Just revert back to 2018 Mr Tackles

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
What concerns me is without preseason our starting an is probably going to have half the reps of most other starting qb’s, regardless of who wins the job

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We're not going to know how well Mitch plays until the games begin. Training camp fluff has been going on forever
Triggered?

I laugh while I'm reading these.

Its like ppl cannot wait to be disappointed by Mitch again...lol. He's not going to take a huge leap in his 4th year.

It doesn’t mean much, but it is better than hearing how much he sucked last year.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
You seem really triggered by good reviews of Trubisky's play. Weird.

Because these guys would rather be right than accept that Mitch may in fact be improving. Pride is a tough thing to swallow.

The fact that this is the first offseason someone worked out with Mitch on mechanics is lost on them. Remember that quote Nagy said last season? Paraphrased, he said something like how a QB throws is how he throws. What's important is getting the plays right.

That's when I knew that Nagy is not a QB whisperer. He may be an offensive guru, but he's not good at developing QBs.

Something also that these haters can't seem to accept is the praise the media is giving Trubisky. Seemingly ignoring the fact that the media was the first one to bash Trubisky at every opportunity last season. So suddenly the media has no credibility and it's all just "twitter" noise?

msadows

Liked Posts:
It is weird.

I have beaten up Mitch and Pace for picking him.

I am happy with him playing well. Him improving is the best thing for the Bears.

I'm not so sure about that. Certain posters think its better he doesn't play well so we don't have to have the problem of paying him in the offseason.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I hope Mitch is the starter this season, assuming there is a season. He gives the Bears the best chance to get a high pick and draft an upgrade.

With this D, the Bears will be in almost every game. Nagy will pull Mitch if he is struggling and put in Nick. If a full season, Bears will win 8 games.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Marty B in 2013 is better than any TE on the roster but I think Robinson + Miller + a 3rd option > Marshall + Jeffery + Hester.

I love Robinson but Brandon Marshall was better no doubt. Jeffery as a Bear compared to Miller isn’t even close. Hester was not a great receiver but had his moments. He had two scores against Revis and the Jets in a big game. I remember a game winner on the road in Seattle which was huge. Again, he was a third option at WR.