Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What concerns me is without preseason our starting an is probably going to have half the reps of most other starting qb’s, regardless of who wins the job
Foles only heeds to tweak to assimilate to the scheme and learn the catchers. Mitch needs to see Foles run this like pro as part of his maturation. I have no problem with the reps situation. If it wasn't Foles, I may feel differently.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I am not trying to get into anyone's pissing match. I was just curious if there was a team that had 4 solid WRs on a team.
On top of greatest show on turf having Proehl, the 07 Pats had Jabar Gaffney as their #4. After leaving NE, he enjoyed a few good seasons with Denver and Washington.

That's all I can think of right now for teams 4 deep at WR

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because these guys would rather be right than accept that Mitch may in fact be improving. Pride is a tough thing to swallow.

The fact that this is the first offseason someone worked out with Mitch on mechanics is lost on them. Remember that quote Nagy said last season? Paraphrased, he said something like how a QB throws is how he throws. What's important is getting the plays right.

That's when I knew that Nagy is not a QB whisperer. He may be an offensive guru, but he's not good at developing QBs.

Something also that these haters can't seem to accept is the praise the media is giving Trubisky. Seemingly ignoring the fact that the media was the first one to bash Trubisky at every opportunity last season. So suddenly the media has no credibility and it's all just "twitter" noise?

Lol...bookmarked.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was just reading a bunch of Erik Lambert's pieces on SMockery, and that guy IRL HATES Mitch.
Some pretty strong shit for a guy that hasn't seen one live play this preseason. :rolleyes: Dude is fishing for angles and significance. he points to Foles throwing more deep balls but missing most of them like it's better than a midrange completion. I'm an arm punt fan and you need to hit enough of those to keep a D honest but after that it's about results. 1st part of that is still an issue for Mitch until we see different but he hasn't seen jack this year to tell him that.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was just reading a bunch of Erik Lambert's pieces on SMockery, and that guy IRL HATES Mitch.

Thank you. I'm going to post it for others.

Adam Hoge of NBC Sports hinted at it during his recent practice recap. When talking about Trubisky, he mentioned how clean of a practice the 26-year old had. Almost no errant throws with mostly good decisions. Then again, it’s easy to do that when playing it safe.

“THE DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY WAS LIMITED – WE DIDN’T REALLY SEE ANY BOMBS DOWNFIELD – BUT TRUBISKY HAD ANOTHER SOLID DAY OF PRACTICE. TAKING OUT THE BLUNDER AT THE END OF THURSDAY’S PRACTICE, HIS ACCURACY HAS BEEN VERY GOOD THE LAST TWO DAYS AND HE HAS YET TO THROW AN INTERCEPTION IN CAMP (ALTHOUGH HE HAD ONE DROPPED ON MONDAY).”

This has been in stark contrast to Foles. While his completion rate is lower and he’s had more near-interceptions, there is a clear reason as to why.

“FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT DAY, FOLES DID NOT MATCH TRUBISKY’S ACCURACY IN 7-ON-7S, BUT HE ALSO APPEARED TO BE ATTEMPTING TOUGHER THROWS...

Mitch Trubisky still hasn’t shaken his passivity from last year
Anybody with a decent memory won’t like hearing this. One of the most persistent issues from last season with Trubisky was his constant unwillingness to throw the ball downfield...Somewhere along the way, Trubisky became gun shy. By the sounds of things, he still hasn’t shaken that mentality. He works the short-to-intermediate range in practice. That may lead to plenty of completions. At the same time, defenses inevitably figure out how to defend that. Simply drop more players within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. This is what happened last year and Trubisky never figured it out.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Thank you. I'm going to post it for others.

Adam Hoge of NBC Sports hinted at it during his recent practice recap. When talking about Trubisky, he mentioned how clean of a practice the 26-year old had. Almost no errant throws with mostly good decisions. Then again, it’s easy to do that when playing it safe.

“THE DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY WAS LIMITED – WE DIDN’T REALLY SEE ANY BOMBS DOWNFIELD – BUT TRUBISKY HAD ANOTHER SOLID DAY OF PRACTICE. TAKING OUT THE BLUNDER AT THE END OF THURSDAY’S PRACTICE, HIS ACCURACY HAS BEEN VERY GOOD THE LAST TWO DAYS AND HE HAS YET TO THROW AN INTERCEPTION IN CAMP (ALTHOUGH HE HAD ONE DROPPED ON MONDAY).”

This has been in stark contrast to Foles. While his completion rate is lower and he’s had more near-interceptions, there is a clear reason as to why.

“FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT DAY, FOLES DID NOT MATCH TRUBISKY’S ACCURACY IN 7-ON-7S, BUT HE ALSO APPEARED TO BE ATTEMPTING TOUGHER THROWS...

Mitch Trubisky still hasn’t shaken his passivity from last year
Anybody with a decent memory won’t like hearing this. One of the most persistent issues from last season with Trubisky was his constant unwillingness to throw the ball downfield...Somewhere along the way, Trubisky became gun shy. By the sounds of things, he still hasn’t shaken that mentality. He works the short-to-intermediate range in practice. That may lead to plenty of completions. At the same time, defenses inevitably figure out how to defend that. Simply drop more players within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. This is what happened last year and Trubisky never figured it out.
I cannot stand gun-shy QBs. I have all the hope I can muster for Mitch to improve, because it's what's best for the team, but I never left the Fuck It I'm Going Deep club

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cannot stand gun-shy QBs. I have all the hope I can muster for Mitch to improve, because it's what's best for the team, but I never left the Fuck It I'm Going Deep club

I remember seeing/hearing a quip from Foles about having to do something special in a QB competition to stand out...and how some guys try to play it safe. He was criticizing that approach from a veteran standpoint.

I don't know where I got that, and it's pointless to try to find such a vague statement, but after reading the article @jbunch14 posted it came back to me.

When Foles said that, I paid no attention to it because I figured he was talking about the myriad of camp battles he's been in over the years and was just generalizing. Foles is a nice guy and isn't going to flame Mitch in the press, but it makes sense now...he could have been talking about Mitch playing it safe.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
On top of greatest show on turf having Proehl, the 07 Pats had Jabar Gaffney as their #4. After leaving NE, he enjoyed a few good seasons with Denver and Washington.

That's all I can think of right now for teams 4 deep at WR
Thanks. I didn't think there would be a ton of teams with 4 good to great WRs.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
"Reviews from the media "
"Adam Hoge of NBC Sports hinted at it during his recent practice recap. "
" By the sounds of things "
" When talking about Trubisky, he mentioned how clean of a practice the 26-year old had. "

How sad is a guy that writes articles based of other articles or tweets?

Erik Lambert
Educated to be a writer at the prestigious Columbia College, Erik has spent the past 10 years covering covering the guys that cover the Bears.

:cutty:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Writing off the 2nd overall pick and jumping back into the QB market with a late teens pick and screwed college football, and Ryan Pace would be idiotic.

Mitch being good is the best thing long term for the Bears, full stop.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch being good is the best thing long term for the Bears, full stop.

Disregarding three years of his play and believing press coverage mostly based on tweets from 7 on 7 drills.

The worst thing for the Bears is resigning a QB who has only shown to be a competent backup skill-wise.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why does every guy that has given up on Mitch, hate those that haven't? It's like you are personally offended that I read that Mitch has been better than Foles and don't immediately make up an alternate reality or find excuses why this is happening or agree with those that do.

As for Foles vs Mitch, of course I would prefer the younger, bigger upside, Bears draftee over the aging middling rent-a-QB. How could any Bears fan not?

I prefer winning a Super Bowl

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Disregarding three years of his play and believing press coverage mostly based on tweets from 7 on 7 drills.

The worst thing for the Bears is resigning a QB who has only shown to be a competent backup skill-wise.

He was bad in 2019.

We need to see if he has learned and improved from that.

If he has then we should reap the rewards of that considering what we invested.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Thanks. I didn't think there would be a ton of teams with 4 good to great WRs.
having a #4 that can put up 800 yards on another team is a gift. I figure that after your top three targets (likely two WRs and a TE), you're hoping that the next few guys could give 40-50 catches were they to get significant snaps over 16 games.

However, it is fun to find those #4 and #5s that go on to have a better career when they have a chance to show what they have.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I prefer winning a Super Bowl
Then going with the best guy you got is the most likely means to that end. Right now it seems to be Mitch Trubisky, if suddenly it becomes Nick Foles, fine.

I will not throw a shit fit or alter reality about Foles if he outplays Trubisky like some seem to do with any Trubisky good news.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If Mitch wins, Mitch wins. Same could be said for Foles. In all likelihood we will see both QBs this season because neither can stay healthy. This bickering over TC is pointless lol

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds to me like Mitch is playing smart ball against a good defence and taking what they give him and not forcing the ball down field...what more should ya ask of a qb
But hey continue the hate train

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch has the higher ceiling and most long term upside.

They have to explore that.

This is Mitch at his best: 22TDs, 12INTs, 230 ypg.

Going into year four, there's no need to talk about mythical "ceilings." This is what he is.

The Bears won't be resigning him, and Foles will mentor the next draftee.