***OFFICIAL*** Bears 2020 Training Camp thread

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. Which we both know isn't happening. He'd have to have a 4,000 yard 30 TD year.

so if he didn't make the probowl but threw for 3800 yards and 28 TDs and the Bears made the playoffs, you'd let him walk?

bareness

Liked Posts:
I'm not so sure about that. Certain posters think its better he doesn't play well so we don't have to have the problem of paying him in the offseason.
Then question would then be: who is your quarterback? Realistically, the Bears will not be in a position for a top five pick for at least another three years if Mitch fails. So hopes are now placed on a second to fifth round pick that fans hopes are better than Trubisky. Quarterbacks have never been easy to obtained if they were every team would have one. If Mitch plays well franchise him and make him prove it again. Two years of a consistent Trubisky I dont mind g
I have serious doubts about him being good enough this season.

But 260 27/12 is what he did in 2018 and that gets him the tag.
I agree but really thats all you need to win. I understand people want the Watson and Mahomes rewards but realistically the Bears are not in a position to obtain this great QB people want to see on the field. This season would have to be a disaster for the Bears to be in a position for one of the elite quarterbacks and even that is a crap shoot.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
so if he didn't make the probowl but threw for 3800 yards and 28 TDs and the Bears made the playoffs, you'd let him walk?
I think that still depends on how is accuracy, pocket presence, mental mistakes, TD/INT ratio, etc were throughout the year. I’d be fine with numbers like that if all the above improved.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Of course not. In an earlier post I said if he hit 3800 yards and 30 TDs I'd tag him.

I think we're much more likely to see 3,500 yards and 25 TDs - which by "Mitchell standards" is everything going right for him. I realize 300 yards and 5 TDs isn't a monster difference, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

No one could fathom Mitch regressing last year. It could happen again or he could be the same. Ppl cling to 2018 as the gold standard of Mitch, but we know he played all the shitty AFC East teams that year and had a monster game against a mistake riddled TB defense. Subtract Mitchell's best and worst game that year and he's very comparable to last year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sucking in practice > sucking in practice

I get that guys who have practiced well have disappointed in games.

I don’t have any examples of guys who sucked in practice and then are good in games.

But who said anything about someone sucking.

In the end, it doesn't even matter. LP.

msadows

Liked Posts:
But who said anything about someone sucking.

In the end, it doesn't even matter. LP.

What does matter is the fact you believe mitch sucking is in the best interest of the franchise.

Imagine having backwards ass thinking like that.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You: Mitch is the only solution. Pretty clear.

Me: That's funny.

You: YoU ThInK we'RE goIng To WiN the SuPeR BowL wiTH foLeS?

Where do you get this shit? Mitch sucks. Get over it...lol.

Have you actually....watched foles play?

He's bad. Yes, he won a superbowl, but so have plenty of other shit QB's.

He's been pretty much awful to mediocre for nearly every season of his career.

Mitch has been awful for one season of his career and good for one.

The odds mitch improves are drastically higher than the odds of a guy who gets benched everywhere he goes somehow figures out how to be good with the worst talent he's ever had offensively in his career.

One again, if you want to win while this defense is still capable of winning you have to hope that mitch figures it out. There is nothing wrong with cautious optimism in the preseason. Mitch is a bear until he's not, and he'll get my support if he's the guy the bears pick. Seems like the high majority of this forum has the same take minus the people who just want to say "I told you so" nonstop.

bareness

Liked Posts:
Disregarding three years of his play and believing press coverage mostly based on tweets from 7 on 7 drills.

The worst thing for the Bears is resigning a QB who has only shown to be a competent backup skill-wise.
Look I am not a Trubisky hater or lover so I am not into making any excuses for anyone on this team but what really bothers me is this narrative on Trubisky. Help me understand here because these are facts not excuses:
Disregarding three years of his play and believing press coverage mostly based on tweets from 7 on 7 drills.

The worst thing for the Bears is resigning a QB who has only shown to be a competent backup skill-wise.
Look I am no Trubisky lover or hater but I just dont get the ultimate despair many of you have regarding Trubisky. I say this objectively as a fan who watched his horrid play last year. I also dont believe it was all him either last year. However not be re-hash points made by Trubisky supporters as to make an excuse but I see this way: Trubisky could not read defenses his first year which is why Fox prevented him from throwing the ball and ran it on almost every down, Fox is fired and Nagy takes over with the high scoring Andy Reid offense and implements it, Trubisky as a one read quarterback made average look good with an alternate Pro Bowl nod in 2018. What is the difference between the two years? No tape. After 2018, teams prepared for a quarterback who could only make one read. Trubisky unable to make progression reads faltered as did the entire offense. Now 2020/2021, it is time to see if he really has progressed with reading defenses. I understand the stance really comes down to whether you have any faith that he will improve. I don't know if he will but I am going to hope he will. My prediction, Mitch will take what the defenses give him. I dont he will take many risks and if it is not there he is going to try to run.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What does matter is the fact you believe mitch sucking is in the best interest of the franchise.

Imagine having backwards ass thinking like that.

No Foles being good is in best interest of the franchise because he is cheaper.

Having said that, there is a season that will likely answer this question so all this crying over other people's opinions is quite concerning. You should relax bro.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No Foles being good is in best interest of the franchise because he is cheaper.

Having said that, there is a season that will likely answer this question so all this crying over other people's opinions is quite concerning. You should relax bro.

No it's not. Foles is trash. There is no "good" foles, there is just not bad foles.

This is not about money.

Get it through your thick skull.

Imagine thinking having to pay good players is a bad problem to have. Jesus christ. You always have the worst takes on this forum and you refuse to ever give an inch on them.

Imagine wanting a player you drafted with the highest pick in franchise history to fail because you don't want your team to spend money on him.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No it's not. Foles is trash. There is no "good" foles, there is just not bad foles.

This is not about money.

Get it through your thick skull.

Imagine thinking having to pay good players is a bad problem to have. Jesus christ. You always have the worst takes on this forum and you refuse to ever give an inch on them.

Imagine wanting a player you drafted with the highest pick in franchise history to fail because you don't want your team to spend money on him.

Hope in one hand, shit in the other...that's all anyone is saying.

You're just "hoping" Mitch gets better, the rest of us want to see it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Imagine hoping a player fails so you don't have to use a franchise tag on him, a monetary tool put in place for exactly this exact scenario.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hope in one hand, shit in the other...that's all anyone is saying.

No one here besides noonjoe thinks mitch is the answer. The majority of us just hope he takes a step or goes back to 2018. The odds are low, but thinking that him progressing somehow isn't in the best interest of the franchise and fanbase is a very backwards ass thinking.

I understand your thought process, I have no idea what the fuck is going on in remy's head.

I highly doubt any of these qb's do anything this season to excite us, however, I still have hope mitch somehow does. I have zero faith that foles has a newfound career in his early 30's.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No one here besides noonjoe thinks mitch is the answer. The majority of us just hope he takes a step or goes back to 2018. The odds are low, but thinking that him progressing somehow isn't in the best interest of the franchise and fanbase is a very backwards ass thinking.

I understand your thought process, I have no idea what the fuck is going on in remy's head.

I highly doubt any of these qb's do anything this season to excite us, however, I still have hope mitch somehow does. I have zero faith that foles has a newfound career in his early 30's.

You mean noonjoe and you.

You defend Mitch like he’s your first born, stop being a bitch about it and tell it like it is.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You mean noonjoe and you.

You defend Mitch like he’s your first born, stop being a bitch about it and tell it like it is.

I've made multiple threads and posts about mitch's faults and how bad a season he had last year.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the one with mitch in my username, bro.

I apologize if I still have hope that a #2 overall pick can figure it out. Acting like I made excuses for his terrible play last year is simply not true.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine hoping a player fails so you don't have to use a franchise tag on him, a monetary tool put in place for exactly this exact scenario.
Isn't the overall consensus not so much people don't want Mitch to fail so the Bears don't franchise tag him, rather they hope he doesn't put up marginally good numbers so the Bears don't get stuck with said marginal QB play for years to come?

Mitch 2018 was marginal at best. Outside of Bear nation plenty on National media still had plenty of doubts about Mitch, before the 2019 season ever go under way.

Franchise tagging Mitch in 2021 after a 9-7 or 10-6 season in which the he threw for 3500-3900 yards would spell yet another year of mediocrity at best. For the Bears to even consider it Mitch should need to throw for 4000+

Can the Bears even afford to FT Mitch in 2021?

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Bears would rather Trubisky get better and beat Foles....That is why Foles is here. He is insurance if Trubisky cannot improve. They need to be prepared........

An improved Trubisky is plan A, Foles is plan B

Yup. Foles is here to save Pace and Nagy's job if and when mitch fails.

Foles is not good, but he's good enough to manage your way to the playoffs if the team needs him to do it. Pace and Nagy both know this. Its an emergency plan thats better than any other team pretty much has in the league.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Isn't the overall consensus not so much people don't want Mitch to fail so the Bears don't franchise tag him, rather they hope he doesn't put up marginally good numbers so the Bears don't get stuck with said marginal QB play for years to come?

Mitch 2018 was marginal at best. Outside of Bear nation plenty on National media still had plenty of doubts about Mitch, before the 2019 season ever go under way.

Franchise tagging Mitch in 2021 after a 9-7 or 10-6 season in which the he threw for 3500-3900 yards would spell yet another year of mediocrity at best. For the Bears to even consider it Mitch should need to throw for 4000+

Can the Bears even afford to FT Mitch in 2021?

Thats....thats the point of the franchise tag. And yes, remy wants mitch to fail so we don't have to tag him.

You can tag him twice.

If he shows he's capable of playing like 2018 you keep that guy and hope he improves beyond that. It's a good problem to have.

That guy would be the best qb this franchise has ever seen. This franchise isn't in position to pick and choose at the qb position.

All this team needs is a mediocre QB in order to have a shot the next couple years. If not, the efforts of this defense is going to waste.