**OFFICIAL** BEARS vs. LIONS FOODBLOGTHREAD: BIRTHDAY BANNED EDITION

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
HeHateMe said:
So it's been a GREAT birthday week except for the fact Crys still won't lift my ban even for a day to wish my fellow Birfdaybro BEARMICK a happy birthday on Thursday (another lost tradition) but whatevs, I'm not gonna be a bitter beta because the foodblogging must go on...

So what are you guys making today? I'll tell you what I'M making! TORTAS

Big time torta kick lately. It's a gr8 way to get all those mexican :smoke: flavors into your mouth without the cumbersome tortillas or arguments about whether or not u should put oil in a pan to fry up tortillas because some fucktard's mexican :smoke: wife would never do such a thing.

For those who don't know, TORTAS are basically a mexican :smoke: sandwich where you put the mexican :smoke: burrito, taco, quesadilla, chimichanga, flauta or whatevs fillings in between bread. I'm actually using authentic mexican :smoke: Torta rolls I copped at Costco when I got my prime birthday ribeyes. And I got a big leftover ribeye for these bad boys.

I started making refried beans this morning. Poured 2 inches of cold water over some pintos in a pot, added a couple of shallots, cloves of garlic and sprigs of mexican oregano that didn't get frostbitten last night. Boiled dat for two hours and then drained, reserving ****** :smoke: liquid for thinning them out. Got some old bacon fat and fried up some minced onion then added the beans to that to simmer in a little bit of the bean liquid. added in some salt and pepper, a dried ancho chile and a dash of cumin. Mashing them up and adding in more liquid to get the right consistency. Remember to stir, you don't want to over refry these mexican :smoke: beans.

For the meat, I par-froze the steak so I could make thin slices, which I will pound out a little and then bread and fry in some canola oil to make some milanese style steak for the sandwich. Spritz a little lime juice on it to cut the fat a little.

Other toppings, salsa Verde, sliced avocado, thinly sliced mexican :smoke: cabbage, quick pickled red onion, mexican :smoke: queso fresco (bought it because i didn't feel like making it but it's really easy, google it) and then a nice dollup of sour cream because this mexican :smoke: salsa was pretty spicy.

Finally, I'll lightly grill the bread after getting a little schmear of butter on the rolls, because it's bread and you can add fat to it on this step unlike mexican :smoke: tortillas which have to be chucked into a dry pan because SOMEONE will condemn u to hell if you even think of putting oil or butter in that pan. (which is just a cast iron skillet, but for this dish, It's best to refer to it as a "comal")

So there you have it. Mexican :smoke: steak Tortas. Simple, yet elegant.

Go Baers!

I mentioned to our friend in banland that this did not seem like very team inspired rival food... I mean, Detoilet is a shit hole and isn't really known for its mexican :smoke: food... this was his response

HeHateMe said:
IDGAF because SCOTT AND CRYS have robbed me of all of my inspiration and motivation and creativity with their fuckery.

:yep::yep::thinking::yep:

:smoke:

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
The wife made cinnamon caramel apple muffins, which I am turning into sammichs by adding some thick bacon strips. The calories are stacking, but my "fucks given" glass is emptier than an 8-mile Road ghetto.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Happy B-Days to Mick and the OP.

The better half has had the sniffles the last few days, so I am doing up my famous chicken and dumplings.

It's a great one pot meal. I use only chicken thighs as they cook up nice and evenly.

I will even share my trick for bombtastic dumplings. Always use (whole) milk with the flour...never water. I also take a couple tablespoons of some reserved chicken fat from the browning process and whisk it into the milk. Pop your milk and fat shake into the microwave for about a minute (should be warm, but not hot) and stir into your flour and baking powder mix with a wooden spoon.

Enjoy the eats and the game, Bear Nation!

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Happy B-Days to Mick and the OP.

The better half has had the sniffles the last few days, so I am doing up my famous chicken and dumplings.

It's a great one pot meal. I use only chicken thighs as they cook up nice and evenly.

I will even share my trick for bombtastic dumplings. Always use (whole) milk with the flour...never water. I also take a couple tablespoons of some reserved chicken fat from the browning process and whisk it into the milk. Pop your milk and fat shake into the microwave for about a minute (should be warm, but not hot) and stir into your flour and baking powder mix with a wooden spoon.

Enjoy the eats and the game, Bear Nation!

Those dumplings would be even more bomb and calorie infused if you used heavy cream or half and half instead of whole milk.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those dumplings would be even more bomb and calorie infused if you used heavy cream or half and half instead of whole milk.

I tried using heavy cream once and I thought the dumplings came out a little too heavy. Half & half just may be perfect though...will try that one out today.

I can re-name them Chicken & Douchey Dumplings.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I tried using heavy cream once and I thought the dumplings came out a little too heavy. Half & half just may be perfect though...will try that one out today.

I can re-name them Chicken & Douchey Dumplings.

Glad I could help move you one step closer to onset betes. Just doing my part!

DaGunslinger6

Liked Posts:
Home made chicken and waffles to get the day started. Spicy Sicilian chicken soup, meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes for halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Home made chicken and waffles to get the day started. Spicy Sicilian chicken soup, meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes for halftime.

Meatloaf to chase chicken and waffles?

I would be in a food coma about four minutes into the second half.

DaGunslinger6

Liked Posts:
Meatloaf to chase chicken and waffles?

I would be in a food coma about four minutes into the second half.

It's not something I'm proud of, but these cravings have had a hold of me for weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Finally, I'll lightly grill the bread after getting a little schmear of butter on the rolls, because it's bread and you can add fat to it on this step unlike mexican tortillas which have to be chucked into a dry pan because SOMEONE will condemn u to hell if you even think of putting oil or butter in that pan.

Lmao

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Cold pizza and kitkats for me!