Official Bears vs Oakland Raiders Pre-Season Game Two Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPrevidi

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From Los Angeles / OC area here. Born in Joliet, grew up in Mount Prospect / Skokie area in the big C (and for those who won't bash me for it... spent a couple years in the triple K... Kankakee)

Big time Bears, Hawks, Cubs fan.

Went to UCLA so definitely a Bruin fan...

Alot of my childhood friends went to the U of I so I'm an Illini fan too

Last edited:

RPrevidi

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just want to see some effective pass rushing and an ability to pick up blitzes... oh and a couple decent run plays wouldn't be bad either.... ok... I want to see everything... and NO INJURIES!!

Plus I have no respect for Al Davis... so we need to show him how we do things in Chi Town

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Jay looked good last week in the little we saw him, so I'm expecting more of that. I'm definitely looking for the run game to develop, hopefully sparked by good O-line play. When that happens, I'll breathe a little easier.

Not so concerned on defense. Once Wright gets back I think the secondary will come together nicely. I am hoping to see some flash from the young D-Linemen (Harrison, Gilbert, Melton, Wootton). Could really use some of these drafted players to step up.

Thanks in advance for the stream.

lrr50501

Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to see how the O-line plays tonight. Hopefully they are starting to take shape. I am hoping Wooten steps up his play didn't hear his name much last week so maybe this week.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No injuries, a little better OL play, some kind of run success , and Peppers "getting there" one time. Not too much to ask for IMO.

lrr50501

Liked Posts:
Agree would be nice for Peppers to get a sack tonight, if he does the crowd will go nuts.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Thanks for uploading San Diego Charger highlights!!!

Jay Cutler's 2 passes were the true highlights of that game. :rofl:

lrr50501

Liked Posts:
Loved the last part of the highlights " Then a lot of bad football" lol. Thanks.

Dabearfan101

Liked Posts:
If i was the bears coach, I would have cutler sit out the whole game. Keep the online and matt forte in for the whole game. I want to see some pancakes and no 1.7 yards per carry. Dont Kid ourselves, this year will be more of the same, cutler is a great qb, but this oline is gonna have him killed. Our secondary is still very weak, chris harris looked slow, we still gave up huge passing plays. Urlacher looked alrit, major wright showed a lot of promise. but its still pre season so will see.

El Oso

Liked Posts:
Hey everyone, just joined the forum, seems cool. I'm anxious to see what the Bears have in store for us tonight. I'm looking for some improvement on the defensive side of the ball, not just with putting pressure on the QB but seeing how the secondary plays as well. I don't want to talk about the oline...

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yeah definitely. Hoping the quality is as clear as it was last week. That was straight up HD. It was beautiful....until the starters came out and the scrubs came in.

CagoBears

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the referral on CBMB. I'm stuck in MN with
no other way to see the game.

Offensively: I would like to see a balance of run and pass, with a much better push up front in the running game and better blitz recognition by the backs in the passing game(Forte).

Defensively: I want to see better tackling and some big plays.

El Oso

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the referral on CBMB. I'm stuck in MN with
no other way to see the game.

Offensively: I would like to see a balance of run and pass, with a much better push up front in the running game and better blitz recognition by the backs in the passing game(Forte).

Defensively: I want to see better tackling and some big plays.

Yes, the tackling. If I see someone try for a highlight hit instead of wrapping up the ballcarrier and bringing him down I'm gonna explode. Saw enough of that last year, thanks.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yes, the tackling. If I see someone try for a highlight hit instead of wrapping up the ballcarrier and bringing him down I'm gonna explode. Saw enough of that last year, thanks.

The Briggs missed tackle at the 1 yardline on Ryan Mathews flashes to my head. I was VERY happy to see Major Wright clean that up the way he was supposed to though .

kevperro

Liked Posts:
I'm just looking to get through injury free and see some kind of run game. It would be nice to see JR on the ground too.

How much time do we have?

moody

Liked Posts:
In here from Texas. Found out about yall's forum from another one. Can always use another place to check out some Bears info. Looks like a good forum here, hope to be on quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.