Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears really need to get a ground game going if they want to contend

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. Lefty has been really quiet since he reminded us all how much the Bears O-line sucks. (like we might forget!)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
(2-0) Chicago Bears vs (2-0) Green Bay Packers...Monday night football next week.

Veritas

Liked Posts:
Speaking of busts, Mark Anderson rings a bell.

I don't know how you can call a guy drafted in the 5th round a bust. He did have a double digit sack total in his first year and has won a starting job on an NFL roster. Fifth round guys are lucky to last a couple seasons on most teams.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peppers needs some serious help.

Anderson & Harris fucking suck.

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
Ah 2-0 start and 0-2 for Minny. That Miami D is sick though.

I knew it was going to be a close game, but I still had the Cowboys winning. Heck of a start for Cutler. He needed a start like this to shut some poeple up. Love it. Big game next week!

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how you can call a guy drafted in the 5th round a bust. He did have a double digit sack total in his first year and has won a starting job on an NFL roster. Fifth round guys are lucky to last a couple seasons on most teams.

I wasn't calling him a bust draft pick.

I meant player. :rolleyes:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cutler is 44/69 649 yards 5 TDs 1 INT 121.1 QB rating for the first two weeks.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. Lefty has been really quiet since he reminded us all how much the Bears O-line sucks. (like we might forget!)

Did you really not think that a stretcher was going to be needed for Cutler after watching the O's early series?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
For those claiming Aromashodu was benched for his drops. Other Bears reporters before the game were saying along with his hurt leg slowing him down the staff doesn't feel he'll be best as an option out there against the physical able to jam WRs opposed to quicker guys.. that's how Martz probably sees it and likely why you don't see his history flooded with big WRs besides Roy Williams.

Didn't expect a stretcher, Cutler isn't that weak and plenty of quick movement and strikes work, Martz changes more than the media wanted to make it out to see all offseason.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you really not think that a stretcher was going to be needed for Cutler after watching the O's early series?

No, I didn't think he would need a stretcher, but I do worry about a leg or shoulder injury. He can't take that kind of abuse all year. They need to find a way to better protect him.

Still, they won the Game and I thought they would lose a close one (23-20), so I'm optimistic about the Bears being one game ahead in their race to 10-6!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So I would have to rewatch plays to really know...but was anyone paying attention to how Omiyale was handling left tackle? I just ask because Cutler was only sacked once in the game and once Martz got innovated the line seemed to have better protection..That or Chris Williams truly does suck.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No, I didn't think he would need a stretcher, but I do worry about a leg or shoulder injury. He can't take that kind of abuse all year. They need to find a way to better protect him.

Still, they won the Game and I thought they would lose a close one (23-20), so I'm optimistic about the Bears being one game ahead in their race to 10-6!

Its still early and while its good to be optimistic those last 4 games of the year are absolutely brutal (NE, @Min, NYJ, @GB).

Even if the Vikings do end up sucking this year..the Bears have only won twice at the Dome since 2000 (2001 and 2006).

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Playing at home I expect the Cowboys to win, but I won't be surprised if it's a very close game. If the Bears hang on to the ball and get good field position from their special teams, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they win.

The Bears hung on to the football, and I'm not at all surprised that they won! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.