Sacks
7037.jpg

Israel Idonije
5 Sacks

Interceptions
12429.jpg

DJ Moore
3 Interceptions, 1 Returned Touchdown

Fun Fact: The Bears are 5-0 when the defense gives up less than 100 yards rushing. 0-3 when they give up more than 100 yards rushing.​

Watch the game online!
(ATDHE.Net - Watch Free Live Sports TV)

Rush will provide direct links when game day comes

CHI CITY SPORTS l #1 Chicago Sports Fan Message Board - Forum Rules register if you're a guest and dont have an account to post with!

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop ap then! Easy, right? Lol....eaiser said then done.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My take is this: This game is another must-win game (Every game for the rest of the year is). If we lose, it would eliminate us from anything, but makes everything else harder.

A) This is vs a division team, the Vikings at home. The Bears are 2-0 against the division. Every win in this division is extremely important.
B) We cannot beat Minnesota in Minnesota. The Bears are 2-8 in the past 10 years in Minnesota. Their two wins in Minnesota were in years the Bears had a very good record (The 2001 team and the 2006 team). Of course I will note that the starters didnt really play in the 2005 season closer because Lovie Smith valued rest for the playoffs in which they then lost the first game, over winning a game.

The Obvious Keys:
1) Stop AP. As stated as a "Fun Fact", the Bears are 5-0 this year when they hold an opponent to under 100 yards rushing. They are 0-3 when they dont. If they limit Adrian Peterson they should be in good standing to win the game.

2) Force Favre into his usual mistakes. Minus the last game, Favre has been rather awful this season. I think the key to forcing Favre into mistakes will be Julius Peppers and Israel Idonije. With Peppers likely to receive attention, Idonije should be freed up.

3) Offensive balance. I dont expect to be able to run much against the Vikings defense. Their defense is still pretty good. However, there should still be an even run-pass ratio as long as the game is close.

4) The very big obvious, limit the turnovers. The offense gets killed when they make mistakes, they still get killed when they dont either (See Seattle game). But limiting them should put them into good order. I feel that some good should come out of this game. Of course I would love to see the offense perform like it did in the game against the Vikings last year in Chicago. I think all of us would. But I highly doubt that will happen again.

That said, I as always hope for the Bears to win, but if I was putting money on this game, I would go with the Vikings.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This game is huge in cementing an easy road to the playoffs. Instead of fighting for a spot we could coast in should we win this week.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
How do you figure a 'coast in' to the playoffs?

If they win this week they will be 6-3. I see no reason to not believe they couldn't end the season 6-10.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Being 6-3 and not 5-4 is a big difference later in the stretch. Going from either 2-1 in the division, or 3-0 in the division also makes a difference.

8 games to go, currently sitting at 5 wins. Going into the 2nd half of the season, 6-3 is going to be very...very manageable and less stress on me.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
6-3 is obviously better than 5-4..and obviously we could lose the rest of our games and go 6-10 (I think is very unlikely). In this league you can win on any given Sunday...How many of you actually thought we would beat the Vikings on MNF last year after being left for dead in the water?

If we win this game, we play Thursday night in Miami, who has yet to win a home game...Now when it comes to the Bears that usually means the Bears will give Miami their first home win, but lets just say the trend continues. Win this game the Bears are 6-3..win in Miami..7-3..thats sitting pretty.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
As long as the team suffers no major injuries..thats not happening.
I'm sorry, but are you or are you not the guy who said this in your last post...
In this league you can win on any given Sunday...
So any team can win on any given Sunday, but the opposite isn't true??

Which one is it?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, but are you or are you not the guy who said this in your last post...

So any team can win on any given Sunday, but the opposite isn't true??

Which one is it?

Any team can win..any team can lose...my opinion is that we will not lose every game to finish the season. Certainly we could go 7-3 and then end up 7-9 like you say, but my opinion is I don't see that happening.

BearMan2010

Liked Posts:
(Chugging mightly on the Koolaid) ... "If" they protect Jay, "If" they get after Brett, "If" they make damn few mistakes and no turnovers, then Da BEARS have a good chance of winning this one ! God willing and "If" the river don't rise. :facepalm:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Hopefully da Bears win.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bears' Olin Kreutz returns to practice

Chicago Bears center Oline Kreutz returned to practice - ESPN Chicago

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears veteran center Olin Kreutz returned to practice on Friday.

Kreutz sat out the previous two days because of a tight hamstring, but he is expected to make his 127th consecutive start for the Bears Sunday versus Minnesota.

Cornerback Zack Bowman practiced for the third consecutive day, but he was limited on Wednesday and Thursday. Although Bowman said earlier in the week he planned to play against Minnesota, it'll be interesting to see if the Bears list him as questionable or probable heading into the weekend.

The Bears will release their official injury report later Friday afternoon.

Jeff Dickerson covers the Bears for ESPNChicago.com.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Percy Harvin could be out, listed at doubtful. This could help because he's an explosive WR and a good returner. And, with Rice still out, Farve really has no one to throw to. Besides, maybe, Vishante (or however you spell it, lol).

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
I love the bear's chances, this minnesota team is in shambles right now, I'm just a little anxious about what's gonna happen with the o-line and vs their elite d-line.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Biggest game of the year since the Green Bay game for us... LETS GOOOOOOOO

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the bear's chances, this minnesota team is in shambles right now, I'm just a little anxious about what's gonna happen with the o-line and vs their elite d-line.

Their DL have been no where close to elite this year, but they are still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.