***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Training camp is just a couple days away gents! WHO's Excited!?!

With Williams and Odunze unchallenged as starters, what other camp battles are you looking forward to the most?!

Will Odunze play in the HoF game?

Who's the starting 5 Olinemen for week 1?

Will they keep any of their UDFA from this year? Will it only be Keith Randolph?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

(1) With Williams and Odunze unchallenged as starters, what other camp battles are you looking forward to the most?!

(2) Will Odunze play in the HoF game?

(3) Who's the starting 5 Olinemen for week 1?

(4) Will they keep any of their UDFA from this year? Will it only be Keith Randolph?
(1) Not a camp battle exactly, but I am excited to see Noah Sewell. I think a year in and he is ready to start pushing the men in front of him. I think he has a chance to make Edwards look expendable next year.

(2) Part of me hopes that the HOF game is a fun game for our backups, and the starters stay in shorts. I hate that part of me. The other part of me wants to see Williams fake a handoff, chuck it deep, and have Odunze make a highlight reel catch and run for a big touchdown. That part of me is excited!

(3) Jones - Bates - Shelton - Jenkins - Wright

I know it isn't a shocker, but I like Jenkins next to Wright. I think that is a dominating right end of the line.

(4) I didn't have any UDFA on my radar! Tell me about Keith Randolph!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Also looking forward to all of the tweet posts by @bears26 !!

Will someone else step up and out-scoop him? Or will we get Siglered?
Idk. All I know is no one else will beg for money via cash app and venmo because they don’t have a day job and spend all TC posting stuff most of us have already seen on Twitter.

CC: @bears26

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
(1) Not a camp battle exactly, but I am excited to see Noah Sewell. I think a year in and he is ready to start pushing the men in front of him. I think he has a chance to make Edwards look expendable next year.

(2) Part of me hopes that the HOF game is a fun game for our backups, and the starters stay in shorts. I hate that part of me. The other part of me wants to see Williams fake a handoff, chuck it deep, and have Odunze make a highlight reel catch and run for a big touchdown. That part of me is excited!

I know it isn't a shocker, but I like Jenkins next to Wright. I think that is a dominating right end of the line.

More like Sanborn I think. But yes I’m interested in seeing if he improves as well

Bossanoveralls

Talk to me
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Memphis Grizzlies
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Memphis Tigers
Also looking forward to all of the tweet posts by @bears26 !!

Will someone else step up and out-scoop him? Or will we get Siglered?

Chuck Norris wears @bears26 pajamas, I always say.

So Sigler is no Royko, I get it. Quit whining about him and out-write him. I read his work. At least he's out there doing it, so I respect him for that.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Heck yeah, I've been curious to know how Sewell will do after a year under his belt as well!

Jenkins on either side will help the Tackle out immensely, but I think Jones would benefit from it more than Wright will.

Randolph signed a 3 year contract as a UDFA. The interesting part is that he got $220K in guarantees which makes him one of the highest paid UDFA's in the entire league. That alone makes me think he makes the team. He was the lesser known member of "The Law firm" on the line next to Jer'Zhan Newton, but still earned All-Big Ten (third team) player accolades along with being named a team captain. He was also top 5 in the nation in tackles per game with 4.9. Last year he finished with 49 tackles, 4 TFLs, and 1.5 sacks.

Technically it was a down year for him, as the previous year he had 13 TFLs and 4.5 sacks.

“An interior defender with good strength and pad level...Randolph has managed to stack up tackles at a relatively high rate during his tenure at Illinois. Randolph has backup talent as a potential Day 3 pick,” said NFL analyst Lance Zierlein.

Strengths:
Tackling
Non-Stop motor
Stout in Run defense

Weaknesses:
Burst
Pass rush

2021 Stats: 42 Tackles, 5.5 TFLs, 4 Sacks
2022 Stats: 53 Tackles, 13 TFLs, 4.5 Sacks
2023 Stats: 49 Tackles, 4 TFLs, 1.5 Sacks

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I am.
With Williams and Odunze unchallenged as starters, what other camp battles are you looking forward to the most?!
DE2, OT2 and OG2.
Will Odunze play in the HoF game?
Seeing he is TE4, I expect him to play a lot. Let's see if Reed to Odunze becomes a thing.
Who's the starting 5 Olinemen for week 1?
Jones, Jenkins, Bates/Shelton, Nate/Bates, Wright
Will they keep any of their UDFA from this year? Will it only be Keith Randolph?
Including Practice Squad, Randolph (backup with Pickins moving to backup 3T), Reed(PS), Wheeler (slight chance to win kickup returner), Benedet (PS), Carl Jones (PS because DE) and Jamree Kromah (PS DE/DE hybrid) all have a slight chance of making the team or PS.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Searches for Rodney Dangerfield GIF.
giphy.webp

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Chuck Norris wears @bears26 pajamas, I always say.

So Sigler is no Royko, I get it. Quit whining about him and out-write him. I read his work. At least he's out there doing it, so I respect him for that.
A third of CCS members out-write him. They just do it in regular posts.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

No thank you on Edwards becoming expendable. I love TJ and he loves the Bears and being a Bear and he's our best LBer on a great deal.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anyone who thinks [player] loves [team] is in desperate need of a GED

msadows

Liked Posts:
The only TC battle is at center. Pretty much every other spot on the team is set.

Im still expecting that lazy fuck nate davis to miss half of camp, sit every preseason game, and be handed the starting RG spot.