***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everything is sunshine and touchdowns with Caleb Williams and Rome Odunze because we're excited about what they could be.

Gervon Dexter doing the defensive end conditioning test isn't going to improve his 32.8 run defense grade.

It's about known, knows. I know Dexter Lawrence isn't going to have a 12 sack season this year.
You have absolutely zero idea what his run defense grade will be this year. Especially because he’s going into his 2nd year. And that’s typically when D-linemen make their biggest improvements, right? You’re a super smart football journalist, you should know that

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That Dexter segment is going to make @gallagher's bastard son @DanielCCSBears diarrhea himself.

That Tory THE DROOLMAN Taylor bit is awesome. One yard line punt out of bounds is CRIKEY!

Cc @Chief Walking Stick
Those good plays need to turn into good drives.

I am happy he came in having focused significantly on conditioning - he played somewhere around 40% of snaps last year. if he comes up to 60% or more, and combine that with improved techniques as mentioned in that tweet, this defense is in a much better place than I have been prepared to give it credit for.

Fan-fucking-tastic stuff.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You have absolutely zero idea what his run defense grade will be this year. Especially because he’s going into his 2nd year. And that’s typically when D-linemen make their biggest improvements, right? You’re a super smart football journalist, you should know that
Let me help you out here. Out of 214 run graded defensive tackles, Gervon Dexter was 187. He was as I said at the beginning of last year in his first game until his very last game a fucking tackling dummy in the run game defense.

I get it NO ONE likes my harsh factual opinions on Justin Fields and this year no one likes my factual opinions of Gervon Dexter.

90 percent of the board has no clue just how bad Dexter was last year as a defensive tackle and how he got slightly better as a pass rusher when he lined up further away from the interior of the offensive line. He was out on 4 and 5 technique roles or 7 as a defensive end when he had his most success. He had some success yes but it came when he wasn't playing as a defensive tackle.

I get it it's not popular to be so one sided and harsh on a Bears player but the reality is Dexter was a mess last year.

I don't care about his losing weight his conditioning test none of that bullshit. Go out and do better.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let me help you out here. Out of 214 run graded defensive tackles, Gervon Dexter was 187. He was as I said at the beginning of last year in his first game until his very last game a fucking tackling dummy in the run game defense.

I get it NO ONE likes my harsh factual opinions on Justin Fields and this year no one likes my factual opinions of Gervon Dexter.

90 percent of the board has no clue just how bad Dexter was last year as a defensive tackle and how he got slightly better as a pass rusher when he lined up further away from the interior of the offensive line. He was out on 4 and 5 technique roles or 7 as a defensive end when he had his most success. He had some success yes but it came when he wasn't playing as a defensive tackle.

I get it it's not popular to be so one sided and harsh on a Bears player but the reality is Dexter was a mess last year.

I don't care about his losing weight his conditioning test none of that bullshit. Go out and do better.
You seem confused. No one cares about your opinion about him last year. It is 2024. We care how he performs this year.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

I've said dexter was awful against the run and needs drastic improvement. You're just a bloviating douche bag and try to act like you are smarter than others when you are actually one of the dumbest bears fans on ccs.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Tell me about your factual opinion on Stevenson fading down the stretch last year.

Tell me about the Bears not being in pads today.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You seem confused. No one cares about your opinion about him last year. It is 2024. We care how he performs this year.
Apparently you do care because you're still here and still arguing with me.