OFFICIAL Jalen Carter Thread

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
There's like a 0.000001% shot he makes it to #9. We should be more worried DET ends up with him or Will Anderson if somebody trades up with AZ at #3.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's like a 0.000001% shot he makes it to #9. We should be more worried DET ends up with him or Will Anderson if somebody trades up with AZ at #3.
And if he does fall that far, should the Bears draft him?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
And if he does fall that far, should the Bears draft him?
Absolutely. As long as his charges remain misdemeanors, I think it would be silly to pass up on his talent, especially at #9.

Hell, the Bears could actually trade up now with those extra picks a couple spots to secure Carter at #5 or #7, if you really wanted him.

Last edited:

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
Forget about the legal/moral issues, I don't like spending a first rounder on a guy who has a questionable motor. If you're not motivated in college, what's going to happen when you get $50 million?? It usually doesn't give guys the incentive to play harder.

If they take him fine but I definitely wouldn't be mad if they passed on him.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Forget about the legal/moral issues, I don't like spending a first rounder on a guy who has a questionable motor. If you're not motivated in college, what's going to happen when you get $50 million?? It usually doesn't give guys the incentive to play harder.

If they take him fine but I definitely wouldn't be mad if they passed on him.
I had questions before the charges against Carter, but now, he's kind of a no-go for me.

Trade #9 overall to Houston for #12 and #33 overall. Draft at O-Line (Skoronski) and D-Line (Tuipulotu) at those picks.

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:
Plain and simple. The NFL isn't about having the fewest dirtbags. You acquire the best players. Because of this, I think another team likely picks Carter. However, IF he is available, the Bears must take him. Getting a #1 pick talent out of the 9 spot is a franchise changing move.

The Bears still could move UP in the draft if they like him that much

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Ironically, malpractice is one of the only things he hasn't been charged with.

I agree though. Seems like he made a mistake more than he is some heinous offender. I'd take him at 9 as well.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Plain and simple. The NFL isn't about having the fewest dirtbags. You acquire the best players. Because of this, I think another team likely picks Carter. However, IF he is available, the Bears must take him. Getting a #1 pick talent out of the 9 spot is a franchise changing move.
He's not getting past the Seahawks so everyone can relax about the thought of Jalen Carter falling to nine.

Bust

Liked Posts:

what if Will Levis falls to 9? hmmmmm

TheRightWay

Liked Posts:
Don't want the biggest bust in the draft BEFORE the charges so my opinion doesn't change even with those petty charges.

TheRightWay

Liked Posts:
what if Will Levis falls to 9? hmmmmm

Trade that shit down...Someone will want him or Richardson at 9. Colts love Levis anyhow. That's why Irsay keeps talking up Bryce Young
so that he's picked first then Stroud and he thinks they stick at #4 and get him. I think someone trades with Zona at #3

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had questions before the charges against Carter, but now, he's kind of a no-go for me.

Trade #9 overall to Houston for #12 and #33 overall. Draft at O-Line (Skoronski) and D-Line (Tuipulotu) at those picks.

Sounds great. I was thinking trade w/ HOU also. CHI needs a higher 2nd.

I'd prefer Paris Johnson if he's available at 9 and esp if lower yet + picks. Skronski will be a G, and they can buy a decent guard in FA, but too high to draft one IMO.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Can we make the contract contingent on him hiring a chauffeur?

Because his dumb ass will just do something similar again.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So you aren't concerned about him allegedly taking plays off and disappearing on film?

Because I am.