Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Harris being inactive is a bad move in an important division game

Agreed. Even if Tommie didnt get on the stat sheet last game..he's still a player of force and requires two bodies. Our other DT's do not require two bodies to guard. This basically makes Peppers obsolete in my opinion. We'll see though.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Harris may not be the dominant pass rusher he once was, but he still can command a double team and he's become a great run defender.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well if we lose this game..and its because of our defense...blame another great coaching decision by Lovie Smith.

petes67bird

Liked Posts:
I just signed up, I am hoping for a stream link because I am stuck at work at the hospital tonight. I am getting a bit antsy as I am tired of using Justin TV and getting it cut off every 5 minutes.
BTW been a long time CBMB member of about 4 years now.

Last edited:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats

petes67bird

Liked Posts:
I agree, Tommie Harris should be active even if he is less than 100 percent. Teams still have to think about him creating some space for Peppers to do his thing. I am looking for Peppers to have a breakout game today, this is the game that we got him to shine in.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Toeaina has been very solid these past 2 games. Makes missing Tommie Harris a little easier.

Perhaps..We'll just wait and see..I just dont like this decision by Lovie in such an important game.

I dont like that DA is inactive either, but I can live with it.

petes67bird

Liked Posts:
Yea the DA being inactive for a second straight game is a bit concerning, but so was the drop in the end zone. On a few replays of the Lions game, it appeared he was unaware of his specific locations and Martz runs an offense where the QB will throw to a spot and the QB must trust his reciever to be in the correct location.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yea the DA being inactive for a second straight game is a bit concerning, but so was the drop in the end zone. On a few replays of the Lions game, it appeared he was unaware of his specific locations and Martz runs an offense where the QB will throw to a spot and the QB must trust his reciever to be in the correct location.

Johnny Knox was lost more in the Lions game than DA was..Knox was very noticeably lost too.

petes67bird

Liked Posts:
Johnny Knox was lost more in the Lions game than DA was..Knox was very noticeably lost too.

I would have to agree with you there too. For some reason though, DA is in Lovie's doghouse and Knox isnt. Maybe its work ethic, maybe its just their general attitude, but Lovie needs to be able to look past all of that and put the players in the best position to succeed. Whether that be sitting DA or Knox or both, we need to ensure the path to victory and Lovie's job depends on it.

My biggest concern in this game is the secondary or lack thereof. If Peppers doesnt have a HUGE game, I do not feel the Bears will compete with the Pack. As hard as it is for me to say that, I am more of a pessimist then optimist.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I agree....our secondary will have a hard enough time dealing with Rodgers and the passing attack, but if we cant even get a little pressure from Peppers, we are screwed.

petes67bird

Liked Posts:
I spoke to the afternoon saloon today, and I emphasized that the Bears win if Peppers touches Rogers more than 3 times today. The bears lose if he doesnt accomplish that feat. Thats how important I feel it to be. If he doesnt get there, it will be too much Cover 2, and Rogers will have a field day throwing 8-12 yard passes. The other thing to watch is how efficiently the bears are on 3rd and longs while on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.