*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only real issue the Bears have on special teams is O'Donnell out kicking his coverage team constantly, which means we need our gunners to either be more speedy- or figure out how to beat the jammers on the outside to get downfield quicker.

SF was top-5 in PR yards allowed, so maybe this will be a point of improvement and emphasis from the new coach.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been thinking “huh, seems like we could have done better” since Eberflus was hired….

Obligatory “let’s just wait and see” line. ?
The whole process and hires were a big, fat turd.

What a let down.

I'm preparing for these hires to be worse than the guys we just fired. I know ppl think it's impossible to be worse than Nagy...but as a whole, if the defense falls off, we could be in for some lean years.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that even a good thing? He took over a good unit and it got continually worse every year
as mentioned, it could be the quality of the players

no idea how any of this will translate onto the field...

one thing of note is their horrible kickoff coverage. That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

What a let down.

I'm preparing for these hires to be worse than the guys we just fired. I know ppl think it's impossible to be worse than Nagy...but as a whole, if the defense falls off, we could be in for some lean years.
Let’s just wait and see.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

What a let down.

also they could be really good

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bill Polian Chicago Colts brought to you by depends
Yep. That was exactly an argument I heard against hiring a consultant.

Polian hooked up some of his contacts from his old organization (10 years ago) and got paid and skipped town. He'll never be accountable for the results.

Rise

Liked Posts:
This blows. What else is new it’s McCaskey’s Bears. Can’t wait to hear about how they spare no expense because they spend the mandatory salary cap money.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
also they could be really good
Considering most new head coaches don’t make it in the league, and few of these guys have a history of success like Fangio did coming in, the odds are this staff will fail. That’s not me being negative, that’s just cold facts.

But yes…. You are correct they could be really good.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
The ONLY thing that has me waiting on over reacting to the Special teams Coordinator is we were all saying the same thing about Tabor when he was hired.

I remember Lombardi was saying that when putting a roster together, some teams make it a priority to flesh out the bottom of a roster for special teams and some don't and it shows, and the 49ers are one of the ones that don't.

It could be as simple as that - we'll see.
Yeah I definitely remember Tabor having a rep as a bad coach when he got here. Maybe a change of scenery will be good for this guy ??‍♂️

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Good news is that if you're going to be bad at something, its better for it to be on STs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure about the coaching staff. Will have to wait and see = over-reaching homerism

The world is ending; the Bears franchise is literally going to explode and kill everyone in a 100 mile radius. We need to act now! = healthy, educated skepticism

Rise

Liked Posts:
Good news is that if you're going to be bad at something, its better for it to be on STs.

What are they going to be good at? Best thing I’ve heard is “coaches don’t make franchise qb” type bullshit. So basically pray fields is good and makes up for all the clowns around him? Great.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not sure about the coaching staff. Will have to wait and see = over-reaching homerism

The world is ending; the Bears franchise is literally going to explode and kill everyone in a 100 mile radius. We need to act now! = healthy, educated skepticism
Brought to you by guy who thought it was actually back tightness.
/convo