*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Rise

Liked Posts:
I don’t know why the Texans aren’t interviewing Bisaccia as he is perfect for that team but they could do a lot worse than Lovie Smith and Pep Hamilton. Lovie is the third greatest coach in Bears history.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jaguars are smart if they want Pep. He could help develop their 1st round pick, who didn't play too well last year. I think ultimately he probably stays with Lovie if Lovie gets the job.

This should be easy for the Texans. They obviously want McCown and are afraid of the backlash because he hasn't even coached a high school team before. He's an assistant for his son's high school. They should make him the QB coach under whomever they hire. Have him move up to OC and then finally hire him as the HC

Rise

Liked Posts:
I like what McDaniel is trying to do in Miami as well. His running scheme with Pep as OC/passing + Fangio defense sounds good to me. Fangio is key as he will keep half the team in line like he did for Nagy.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Jaguars are smart if they want Pep. He could help develop their 1st round pick, who didn't play too well last year. I think ultimately he probably stays with Lovie if Lovie gets the job.

This should be easy for the Texans. They obviously want McCown and are afraid of the backlash because he hasn't even coached a high school team before. He's an assistant for his son's high school. They should make him the QB coach under whomever they hire. Have him move up to OC and then finally hire him as the HC

He doesn’t even deserve to be a QB coach yet but he could be an assistant to the qb. If he really wants this job earn it from the ground up.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yes a team that hired a black gm was an issue

Just a dumb article. Flores doesn’t list the Bears other than being lumped in even though they interviewed him. This is because he believes our process was fair. For all the grief I give the Bears they are a leader on this issue, I applaud how they are doing business and I hope they get rewarded for it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Why would a HC agree to have McCown as a coach when they know ownership wants to replace them with him? Especially a black coach who just saw Culley fired after one year?

Last edited:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would a HC agree to have McCown as a coach when they know ownership wants to replace them with him? Especially a black coach who just saw Culley fired after one year?
True. As a HC, you know your replacement is in the wings trying to take your job, but my assumption is that the job comes with the HC accepting that McCown may be part of the staff. In this case, Lovie would need to ask for reassurances that he won't get canned after a year like Culley. But you're right most HC would not accept having their replacement on their staff especially with an organization like the Texans