*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hard pass on Ridley. He's already quit on his team once, I don't understand why some of you want to give up draft capital on a quitter. Fuck that.

The fact he quit is the only reason we may have a shot at him. Also he clearly had mental health issues so if he is honest in discussions as to what happened and lays out a plan for putting it behind him then so be it.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
No idea. If he has 'mental issues' that make him walk out on his team, then yes I don't want him here why woud you ? Go get help for yourself and stop wasting everyone's time/money.
It is tough to give away draft capital for a player that walked out on his team. The Bears would have to dig deep and find out what happened.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace left Poles a giant shit sandwich. Will be interesting to see how he gets himself out of that mess. If the idea was to draft a WR then a trade (3rd) for Cooper may make sense. Hard time believing he will put himself out there, knowing how much capital Pace traded away and ultimately failed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No idea. If he has 'mental issues' that make him walk out on his team, then yes I don't want him here why woud you ? Go get help for yourself and stop wasting everyone's time/money.

Umm that was what he presumably did when he stepped away. So you are bashing him for doing what you asked.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Stop trading picks in the first 3 rounds for players who also need contracts. It’s a double hit to assets that dumbass Pace never comprehended. If they want a conditional 5th round pick then maybe.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OH you know his diagnosis ?

Feeling blue, anxiety, depression you can label it however you want. I certainly understand it, if he wasn't a millionaire already, he'd have to deal with it and not walk out on his job like the millions of others that struggle with mental health. He's no different, other than he is set for life financially. Like I said, hard pass.

Do you? You are writing off a guy without knowing anything of substance about his reasons for stepping away.

I think the point here is if Poles and Eberflus do their due diligence and are convinced he has got the help he needed then no reason not to trade for him simply because fans who dont know shit and never talked to Ridley have antiquated thoughts on mental health.

I mean stop playing the game altogether if it impacts him that much. Nonsense.

We dont know how much it impacts him or whether it was temporary or longer term. Sort of the reason why you have a GM so they can find out. You are making decisions with incomplete info and then beating your chest like it is an intelligent thing to do.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you? You are writing off a guy without knowing anything of substance about his reasons for stepping away.

I think the point here is if Poles and Eberflus do their due diligence and are convinced he has got the help he needed then no reason not to trade for him simoly because fans who dont know shit and never talked to Ridley have antiquated thoughts on mental health.
It doesn't matter. He quit on his team,

'let's go trade for a guy who walked out mid season on his team, when we already are razor thin draft capital and roster!' - derp. Mental health issues or not, hard pass. Get help.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
We dont know how much it impacts him or whether it was temporary or longer term. Sort of the reason why you have a GM so they can find out. You are making decisions with incomplete info and then beating your chest like it is an intelligent thing to do.
I am stating an opinion, not a decision I have no weight in Bears personell decisions.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter. He quit on his team,

'let's go trade for a guy who walked out mid season on his team, when we already are razor thin draft capital and roster!' - derp. Mental health issues or not, hard pass. Get help.

No it does matter as it is relevant info as to whether he has gotten the help or not.

You are stupidly saying he should get help then acting like doing so means he can never play football again.

I am stating an opinion, not a decision I have no weight in Bears personell decisions.

Yes and I am saying your opinion is ignorant. Ignorant of the facts of the situation and ignorant of how mental health issues play out.

Not all opinions are well thought out. Yours isn't.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stop trading picks in the first 3 rounds for players who also need contracts. It’s a double hit to assets that dumbass Pace never comprehended. If they want a conditional 5th round pick then maybe.
Stop trading picks for players period. Bears need every fucking pick possible. Trading picks for players is something you do if you’re a contender which the Bears obviously aren’t.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Trading away a day one or two pick for a player who is on their second contract (Cooper will be close to $20m per year for example and Ridley needs paid next year) is not a smart way to proceed for the Bears. You win by getting great players on rookie contracts.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Guy had mental health issues. The brain is a muscle like any other body. You wouldn't say a guy was a quitter if he had a torn ACL. Would you rather he killed himself due to depression and/or anxiety? I do hear what you're saying about him being unreliable right now. That's true, but don't have such a shitty attitude about mental health. I hope he gets the help he needs and can play again. A lot of guys get brain injuries playing football. It's a tough sport. You see fallout much like in the military. Hard to come back from a place where you are killing people and then assimilate. Hard to get on the field with a violent mindset and then turn it off.
Bravo ?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the deeper and deeper we get in on Nagy's stuff, the more we find is that the man was a genuine coaching con artist who parlayed his ability to gain people's trust into coaching gigs rather than showing any real aptitude for it.
You are the board expert on “con artists”.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You are the board expert on “con artists”.

I mean, if that's your hardest punch, what a pussy way to go out.

/Iggy

I like talking Bears, not getting wrapped up in other people's bitch fests.