*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What’s wrong with building off of the talent we already have on the team.
Most of those players won’t or shouldn’t be here in two years. If we are talking building a team the only guys that are keepers fields Mooney maybe Montgomery Johnson and smith. The cupboard is that bare. What they plan on doing is trying to sneak into the playoffs every year. If that is good enough for you good for you. Watching real teams in this years playoffs have me wanting more

Reactions: chi

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I'm sure they will. My point is that a lot of people are seeming to suggest that the Bears spend all their available cap space and draft picks on the lines, occasionally throwing in a CB while suggesting to completely ignore the massive need at WR.

They are going to need to likely spend resources both in FA and the draft at WR to give Fields some weapons. Yes, they need to improve the lines. But, he also needs weapons that can get open and catch the ball.
Weapons that can get open and catch the ball appears to be a novel concept.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I think the deeper and deeper we get in on Nagy's stuff, the more we find is that the man was a genuine coaching con artist who parlayed his ability to gain people's trust into coaching gigs rather than showing any real aptitude for it.
100% correct, in business they call these types empty suits.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Most of those guys you say we can build around like Mack for instance won’t be here in two seasons. Easier said than done replacing guys like that.
No one is saying build around Mack. They are saying there’s no need to send him packing though. Personally, I believe he should be for the right offer. But not just to clear cap space, no.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Most of those players won’t or shouldn’t be here in two years. If we are talking building a team the only guys that are keepers fields Mooney maybe Montgomery Johnson and smith. The cupboard is that bare. What they plan on doing is trying to sneak into the playoffs every year. If that is good enough for you good for you. Watching real teams in this years playoffs have me wanting more
You have no idea what the actual plan is until they start acquiring players and letting others go. Talk is cheap. On the surface Poles doesn't strike me as someone content with sneaking into the post season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In terms of trades, I would be looking for the following. If you move Mack or Quinn then might as well blow it all up.

Mack - 1st and 2nd
Quinn - 1st or 2nd and 3rd
Goldman - 6th
Foles - 7th rounder
Whitehair - 5th
Jackson - 5th
Monty - 3rd
Cohen - 7th

Rise

Liked Posts:
In terms of trades, I would be looking for the following. If you move Mack or Quinn then might as well blow it all up.

Mack - 1st and 2nd
Goldman - 6th
Foles - 7th rounder
Whitehair - 5th
Jackson - 5th
Monty - 3rd
Cohen - 7th

I would do everyone of those deals but keep
Monty. GM of the year if he pulled that off.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Mack - 1st and 2nd
Goldman - 6th
Foles - 7th rounder
Whitehair - 5th
Jackson - 5th
Monty - 3rd
Cohen - 7th
They won't get that much for any of them. I guess maybe Foles if there is a big QB injury.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Mack - 1st and 2nd
Goldman - 6th
Foles - 7th rounder
Whitehair - 5th
Jackson - 5th
Monty - 3rd
Cohen - 7th
You really think we could get a fifth for AJax?

That isn’t bad

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Mack - 1st and 2nd
Goldman - 6th
Foles - 7th rounder
Whitehair - 5th
Jackson - 5th
Monty - 3rd
Cohen - 7th
I’m in the camp of reset this shit the sooner the better(should have been done last offseason). I don’t think we can get that high of compensation but I’m all for the moves. I would hate to lose Monty but I also would hate to re-sign him

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They won't get that much for any of them. I guess maybe Foles if there is a big QB injury.

Yeah I am saying that is my asking price for them not what they would get. Mack or Quinn is key. Come out of those trades with two firsts or a 1st and 2nd then you can take whatever you can get for the others and the rebuild is on. Otherwise you just retool.