*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Who can they sign for left tackle now? Man $5 million is a great price can’t believe they didn’t want to beat that for turner. Fisher is still out there I guess?
They’re prob trying to talk Jamarcus webb out of retirement

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Who can they sign for left tackle now? Man $5 million is a great price can’t believe they didn’t want to beat that for turner. Fisher is still out there I guess?
Fisher and Daryl Williams from Buffalo are still available. Duane brown is too, but he seems like he would not be a real option for the bears

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
They may be targeting a LT they like in the draft that may slide to the 2nd

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
I see armstead go for 17 million and turner for 5 million which are both very reasonable prices. We haven’t heard anything about us trying to compete for them, instead we are trying to overpay a career backup to pry away from buffalo. Sigh.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
No idea why Poles wouldn’t make this smaller splash of a play for OT. Curious if he is targeting Fischer but going with a limited approach for WR and OL to then go into the draft with needs is not a feeling I like

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Thatd be an awfully poor decision to go into the draft looking for your starting LT and wr1/wr2 in round 2 of the draft
Don’t disagree, but players always fall every year. I don’t think Penning falls to the Bears at 39, but if he did, I would not hate him and a WR at all.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I have to wonder if the Bears are getting passed over by some players for winning situations. Hopefully if that is the case, the Bears will have a plan to sell FAs next offseason with all their money
I have to think this is the case. If I'm a skill position guy like a WR and I look at Chicago and notice they currently don't have an NFL caliber LT on the roster, I'm probably not even a little bit interested unless they fork out the big bucks, which Poles clearly isn't doing.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
So lets do who have been the top ranked 7-9 and see who's left.
G.Wilson
D.London
J.Williams
T.Burks
C.Olave
J.Dotson
G.Pickens
C.Watson
S.Moore

That's 9 and leaves
J.Metchie
C.Austin
A.Pierce
W.Robinson
J.Tolbert
D.Bell

Two guys i like in mid to late rounds
K.Shakir
Bo Melton
Some intriguing names in that 2nd list. Metchie would be in that top 9 if he didn't tear his ACL. I think he's a sneaky good pick in the late 2nd-3rd round range. He's a really good player, and a good fit for the Bears offense (separates, good route runner, fast, good after the catch). Austin would be a good replacement for what the Bears had last year with Grant and Byrd. He's that type of gadget player that you get the ball to in space. Would also fill the role they likely envisioned with a healthy Tarik Cohen. Pierce is a guy I wouldn't bet against. He could be an X WR, but I actually like him as a big slot. I think his route running is better than he gets credit for. Wan'Dale is one of my favorites. Former RB at Nebraska, great tackle breaker in the open field. Was disappointed though, he has 0 catch radius, tiny hands and no wingspan. Tolbert is kind of a poor man's version of Pickens to me. Similar build, similar style player, but not as good. Bell is a pure X. He had the volume stats, the alpha WR in college unlike most others in this group. Obviously ran slow, but plays fast enough.

Justyn Ross and Velus Jones Jr are a couple guys I like mid-to-late. Ross was WR1 in this class before his neck injury. Amazing freshman year. Then injuries took over and lost Trevor Lawrence. Freshman year, he's a top 15 player in this class. But now he's a height guy, who you gamble on with upside. Jones is going to be 25 in May, but he's another gadgety player you can get the ball to in space, but also with some potential to give you some reps on the outside as well. Solid kick returner, worst case.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
I'm not giving up a 3rd and Quinn for a 1st. Maybe like a 5th and Quinn.
If a 3rd and Quinn gets us to a high enough first for one of the top 7 receivers its a no brainer. Quinn is unnecessary and we get a real receiver. Sky Moore and johan Dotson arent worth our 2nd rounder. We could put Quinn’s 6 mil to use. We arent competing this year and if our defense is worse who cares, just improves all of our picks for next year anyway.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
No idea why Poles wouldn’t make this smaller splash of a play for OT. Curious if he is targeting Fischer but going with a limited approach for WR and OL to then go into the draft with needs is not a feeling I like
Turner went to play for his former OC. That’s his choice, and nothing Poles can do about it, even if we were seriously interested.