*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
No idea why Poles wouldn’t make this smaller splash of a play for OT. Curious if he is targeting Fischer but going with a limited approach for WR and OL to then go into the draft with needs is not a feeling I like
Poles probably thinks there is better OT talent in the second round than what is left in free agency.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bet is here from the Chiefs is that Pat Mahomes can make any decent NFL wide receiver a difference-maker.

Dude, MVS has had Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball his entire career. Remember that egregious Javon Wims dropped pass in the playoffs against the Saints? MVS has 5 of those types of drops already.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In his defense, Jets weren’t really in it per Hill
I think that was kind of the point.

His post was almost certainly looking at if from the Chiefs perspective. The Jets offer was better and the Jet would have been less competition than the Dolphins. In the end though, it sounds like the Chiefs did Hill a solid and accepted a slightly worse offer to send Hill to a team he preferred.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No idea why Poles wouldn’t make this smaller splash of a play for OT. Curious if he is targeting Fischer but going with a limited approach for WR and OL to then go into the draft with needs is not a feeling I like

Is it possible that the Bears are not just signing names but signing players they have evaluated differently. Like Getsy was in GB and the Bears signed Patrick instead of Turner and St Brown instead of MVS. Do you think Getsy was clamoring for Turner and Poles was like, "nah homie, I want to keep my 18 million in cap space."

Time will tell if they made the right choices but it is just odd that Bears fans think teams just go after every Tom, Dick and Harry at a given position. They have all these guys ranked and Bears were not even rumored to be in on Turner so most likely Getsy wasn't that gung ho about him.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Is it possible that the Bears are not just signing names but signing players they have evaluated differently. Like Getsy was in GB and the Bears signed Patrick instead of Turner and St Brown instead of MVS. Do you think Getsy was clamoring for Turner and Poles was like, "nah homie, I want to keep my 18 million in cap space."

Time will tell if they made the right choices but it is just odd that Bears fans think teams just go after every Tom, Dick and Harry at a given position. They have all these guys ranked and Bears were not even rumored to be in on Turner so most likely Getsy wasn't that gung ho about him.
Fair, they deserve the benefit of the doubt but let’s hope they at least kill it in this third wave of free agency.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His post was almost certainly looking at if from the Chiefs perspective. The Jets offer was better and the Jet would have been less competition than the Dolphins. In the end though, it sounds like the Chiefs did Hill a solid and accepted a slightly worse offer to send Hill to a team he preferred.

Hill had all the power in this situation, given that the Chiefs were adamant in trading him following contract negotiations souring. He had to agree to a contract extension for the trade to go through. If Hill declined the Jets offer, they had to go with Miami. That is, if they wanted a 1st round pick in the deal.

Rise

Liked Posts:
A guy getting a 1 year deal for $5 million is not “choosing” Denver over money. Poles didn’t want to pay the guy more simple as that, he could be wrong he could be right.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A guy getting a 1 year deal for $5 million is not “choosing” Denver over money. Poles didn’t want to pay the guy more simple as that, he could be wrong he could be right.

A guy taking a one year deal is looking to better position himself for the next contract.

Now where is he going to get that best opportunity? With his old coach and the same system? A former team he already knows? The better constructed team?

Hell the last time he was in Denver on a 1 year deal, he turned that into a multi year contract from the Packers.

Alot of yall really just speculate and don't really think logically

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hill had all the power in this situation, given that the Chiefs were adamant in trading him following contract negotiations souring. He had to agree to a contract extension for the trade to go through. If Hill declined the Jets offer, they had to go with Miami. That is, if they wanted a 1st round pick in the deal.
Oh sure Hill had leverage but Chiefs didn't have to cave especially not this soon after it was announced.