*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Out of all the 2nd tier wr prospects. Pierce excites me the least. He has linear speed and is a stiff athlete. Can he make plays down field? Sure but I don't like his route running. He'll need to make some big leaps.

I think his face reminds you of Zach Wilson and its clouding your vision... Just go deep son....

Plus, I can guarantee you he'll have a better career than kevin white.. so its already a win..

Dead man walking

Liked Posts:
Sorry that you didn't get yourselve provided with a suffiecintly adequate enough education to be able to read and understand the English language in its written form.
The English language uses periods......and comma's ,,,,,,,,,, :You should try it sometime! But then maybe you have no idea where they are on the keyboard.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I sure hope Bears already have a Foles trade in place as otherwise why would I trade for him now rather than wait for him to be cut.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I sure hope Bears already have a Foles trade in place as otherwise why would I trade for him now rather than wait for him to be cut.
If we don't keep him, I'd be OK if a team simply claimed him off waivers.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we don't keep him, I'd be OK if a team simply claimed him off waivers.

He can't be waived only released as he has more than 4 years service time. So once cut his contract is terminated and he is a free agent.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He can't be waived only released as he has more than 4 years service time. So once cut his contract is terminated and he is a free agent.
I also forgot about the contract terms and looked it uop again. I guess I'd keep him for the $3m difference in releasing him unless there's offsets or he just doesn't fit the plan. Gain $1m in trade vs release without those offsets so 7th rounder it is, LOL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ya, nobody was taking on $8m for him. His salary is $4m so that should be the savings on trade. $3m if cut unless I'm ready his details wrong. The #s don't add up for me. I must be missing something in the contract details. I guess it's because he's somehow guaranteed $21m of the potential $24m but if traded, the new team should be responsible for the entire remaining salary ($4m) unless we agree otherwise.
God, I hated the way Pace chose to do, did and adjusted contracts.

Last edited:

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
I'd hope we'd find out today what they're going to do with Foles. Still plenty of hold overs to clear imo.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it possible that the Bears are not just signing names but signing players they have evaluated differently. Like Getsy was in GB and the Bears signed Patrick instead of Turner and St Brown instead of MVS. Do you think Getsy was clamoring for Turner and Poles was like, "nah homie, I want to keep my 18 million in cap space."

Time will tell if they made the right choices but it is just odd that Bears fans think teams just go after every Tom, Dick and Harry at a given position. They have all these guys ranked and Bears were not even rumored to be in on Turner so most likely Getsy wasn't that gung ho about him.
Son of a bitch it just hit me. Tom, Dick and Harry. Third rock from the sun. Those clever bastards…