*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Maybe its just me, but I don't trade Foles as a one-off. We're rebuilding, so what I would do if I were Poles is keep Foles until draft day, and see if I can package him with Quinn, and maybe (likely) a couple other players to see if I can trade into the first round.

If PFF is at ALL accurate and the Texans really need help everywhere, then that is who I am targeting with a package of at least 4-5 players of value. And if I think it could net us both the Texans' picks, this would be the rare case where I'd consider a Roquan Smith or a Jaylon Johnson etc to entice that. And if THAT is successful, I take that 3rd overall pick, and I trade back to whomever is willing to give up the most picks - maybe I target the Eagles since they have 2 first rounders, and because of the massive move up, squeeze them for all the picks I can get out of them including both 1st rounders.

Normally I wouldn't advocate trading established players of Smith or Johnson's quality and age for just picks, but this is literally the one scenario where I think that move is ok.

Now, do I think all that will happen? Hell no. But if I am Poles this year, for this draft? He's making it all about Fields, so I go all in on that, and stockpile picks to completely rebuild and retool the offensive side of the ball, even if it means we have to part with one or two really great players on defense to do it. Its the type of thing you can only do once anyway, and only in this situation the Bears find themselves in, and its not like the defense is going to be any good this year anyway - 2 of 11 players isn't going to make a significant impact.

I say roll the dice and do what you have to .

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe its just me, but I don't trade Foles as a one-off. We're rebuilding, so what I would do if I were Poles is keep Foles until draft day, and see if I can package him with Quinn, and maybe (likely) a couple other players to see if I can trade into the first round.

If PFF is at ALL accurate and the Texans really need help everywhere, then that is who I am targeting with a package of at least 4-5 players of value. And if I think it could net us both the Texans' picks, this would be the rare case where I'd consider a Roquan Smith or a Jaylon Johnson etc to entice that. And if THAT is successful, I take that 3rd overall pick, and I trade back to whomever is willing to give up the most picks - maybe I target the Eagles since they have 2 first rounders, and because of the massive move up, squeeze them for all the picks I can get out of them including both 1st rounders.

Normally I wouldn't advocate trading established players of Smith or Johnson's quality and age for just picks, but this is literally the one scenario where I think that move is ok.

Now, do I think all that will happen? Hell no. But if I am Poles this year, for this draft? He's making it all about Fields, so I go all in on that, and stockpile picks to completely rebuild and retool the offensive side of the ball, even if it means we have to part with one or two really great players on defense to do it. Its the type of thing you can only do once anyway, and only in this situation the Bears find themselves in, and its not like the defense is going to be any good this year anyway - 2 of 11 players isn't going to make a significant impact.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'd rather have the 6th than Shenault. He's a bad wr

Except 90% chance whoever you draft in the 6th is much worse than Shenault.

Just not sure why the jags, or any team for that matter, would want to trade for foles much less give up a young prospect for him.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Ridiculous idea. It's hard enough to trade one player, never mind two, and very few teams this year are going to have the cap space to take on both those guys. Plus they are both well into their 30s.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The odds of you drafting a WR with more potential than shenault in the 6th round are just not real

No, no they weren't. Lol

I'm not that high on shenault but he's got potential in todays NFL.
Shenault sucks. I'd give up a conditional 7th for him based on playing time. That way once the coaching staff benches him because he can't run routes correctly they don't even lose that.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Nick Foles plus our 2023 first for our original 2022 1st

Who says no?
Do you like the players in this draft enough to do that? I would do that if we can land Davis or top lt. Outside of that I’m not really feeling it with this draft that much