*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Just thinking about the offensive line, it would be nice if the Bears really do land Bates. If they can then add I guess an Eric Fisher, it would let them go into the draft not needing to draft OL in the 2nd round. Then, they can use those 2nd/3rd round picks on WR and CB.
This is how you're supposed to use free agency: fill holes with players who aren't going to be total liabilities so you can go into the draft without needing to pick a certain position. Poles has been slow on the draw so far it seems, but if he is indeed able to land Bates and grabs a solid LT like Fisher, that indeed does take the pressing need away. At the same time, I'd like to see another capable WR added as well as a capable CB and safety. You don't want to pigeonhole yourself into needing to take a certain position when there could be a really good prospect there at DE or TE for example. In the long-run, you'll be better off for it.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is how you're supposed to use free agency: fill holes with players who aren't going to be total liabilities so you can go into the draft without needing to pick a certain position. Poles has been slow on the draw so far it seems, but if he is indeed able to land Bates and grabs a solid LT like Fisher, that indeed does take the pressing need away. At the same time, I'd like to see another capable WR added as well as a capable CB and safety. You don't want to pigeonhole yourself into needing to take a certain position when there could be a really good prospect there at DE or TE for example. In the long-run, you'll be better off for it.

Yeah, if they can add Bates, that would be a huge get. Jenkins then can play whichever side Poles wants him at, and you just need a tackle and depth.

(The Juvenille in me wonders since Bates would likely play LG, if there is a LT out there the Bears could draft/sign with a last name of "Master").

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree on your points but also from a common sense standpoint, the value is skewed bc the Giants would be giving The Bears assets to be better THIS year, would could also hurt the draft picture they get in exchange next year.

It’s not really a smart move for NYG. It could still work out, but by making the Bears a better team this year, you make your draft pick worse next year. That’s bad business.

I totally understand that logic, but the Giants are telling the market that they value taking a QB next year over this year. So you get to the table and talk to them about what they're willing to do and what they want.

Do you go from a swap of 1st and 2nds to a less even swap? Maybe. Instead of getting back a 2 next year, maybe you take a 3 and a later round pick (more picks at a little less value).

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I totally understand that logic, but the Giants are telling the market that they value taking a QB next year over this year. So you get to the table and talk to them about what they're willing to do and what they want.

Do you go from a swap of 1st and 2nds to a less even swap? Maybe. Instead of getting back a 2 next year, maybe you take a 3 and a later round picks (more picks at a little less value).
Wait whose getting extra picks? Are we now trading them our 1st next year for 1st this year and expecting them to give us extra picks?

gocbears

Liked Posts:
If we give them Foles and our 2023 #1, for their #1 this year, they are getting immediately better this coming season due to Foles!

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait whose getting extra picks? Are we now trading them our 1st next year for 1st this year and expecting them to give us extra picks?
What I originally suggested:

Bears give 2nd (#39 overall, 2022), 1st (2023)
Giants give 1st (#7 overall, 2022), 2nd (2023)

If the Giants want better value:

Giants give 1st (#7 overall, 2022), 3rd (2023)

If they want to give you a less valuable pick back next year (3rd instead of 2nd), you counter with an ask for a later round pick since you're not getting the value of a 2nd.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I originally suggested:

Giants give 1st (#7 overall, 2022), 2nd (2023)

If the Giants want better value:

Bears give 2nd (2022), 1st (2023)
Giants give 1st (#7 overall, 2022), 3rd (2023)

If they want to give you a less valuable pick back next year (3rd instead of 2nd), you counter with an ask for a later round pick since you're not getting the value of a 2nd.
That would be horrible value for the Giants

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most of the posters giving you a thumbs down can't handle statements of harsh reality and don't realize the pattern of shity managerial decisions the Bears have made and executed since dumbass Michael McCaskey fired Jerry Vanisi in 1987. Like @BEARZOMBIE said (and I would love if he was wrong), this is Angelo signing Frank Omiyale all over again. Until they proveme wrong Poles and Cunningham are two more idiots hired by a moronic arrogant ownership. I am middle aged and have seen this this scenario far too much. Now, I will, most likely sing a different tune if they sign Fisher. However, if they barely do anything to protect and help develop Fields, then I don't have many reasons to go out of my way pay attention to this team given I haven't even set foot in the United States in over six years since I moved overseas to stay wife my better half.

Good. Stay over there. Delete your account and shut up then

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Good. Stay over there. Delete your account and shut up then
Totally a mature, open minded, and not at all triggered response. Keep giving the McCaskeys your money and attention, you are way more intelligent and such a better fan.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Shenault sucks. I'd give up a conditional 7th for him based on playing time. That way once the coaching staff benches him because he can't run routes correctly they don't even lose that.
Not sure how much he sucks. He had 600 yards each of his two seasons and caught 68% of his passes . Granted, only about 7 yds/target but he’s easily worth a 6th rounder

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And Back Tightness is a picture perfect example of health?

what do Poles and Cunningham have to do with drafting tevin jenkins? i forgot that the offseason is over and this is the roster were going into the season with. you quoted an idiot and came with an equally stupid response as if the past has anything to do with the new regime

:kanye:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
everyone, quick break out your madden trade calculators

Fuck - its the offseason. What else are we going to do?

It's like Pitchers and Catchers reporting - when you have people making unrealistic trades and other people trashing them, only to suggest their own unrealistic trades later, you know you've hit the offseason period between the start of free agency and the draft.

:ROFLMAO: