*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Most of the posters giving you a thumbs down can't handle statements of harsh reality and don't realize the pattern of shity managerial decisions the Bears have made and executed since dumbass Michael McCaskey fired Jerry Vanisi in 1987. Like @BEARZOMBIE said (and I would love if he was wrong), this is Angelo signing Frank Omiyale all over again. Until they proveme wrong Poles and Cunningham are two more idiots hired by a moronic arrogant ownership. I am middle aged and have seen this this scenario far too much. Now, I will, most likely sing a different tune if they sign Fisher. However, if they barely do anything to protect and help develop Fields, then I don't have many reasons to go out of my way pay attention to this team given I haven't even set foot in the United States in over six years since I moved overseas to stay wife my better half.
Well, I didn't give him (or anybody) a thumbs down, but to suggest anyone who doesn't agree with his opinion is unaware of the Bears' history is moronic.

a) he suggests that any time a player signs elsewhere our GM must not like him or be able to evaluate talent.
b) he jumps to the conclusion that the Bears are offering Bates more $ when that is pure speculation
c) he suggests that paying Bates more is automatically wrong, even though he doesn't know the difference in talent between Bates and Turner, or the projected fit with what the Bears want to do. And he bases this talent evaluation on nothing more than the # of starts they each have had. Based on that, James Daniels is a top OL!
d) You suggest Poles and Cunningham aren't good simply because McCaskey hired them, essentially reaching a conclusion on their abilities based solely on the performance of completely different people!

Most people are taking the sane approach of waiting to see what moves are made before criticizing. That's not the same as saying everyone thinks Poles will never make moves that don't work. It's just common sense, which on this board is very uncommon.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If the Bears decide to trade up for a WR they really covet, it will only be if that player falls to say the mid 20s, at the earliest. We aren’t giving up the farm to trade up.

And if a crazy number of WRs get drafted in the 1st round…you guys better be ok with defense being drafted this year…
Ok boss whatever you say lol

I’m really not high on these wrs anyways. People won’t like it but I think my fav player in the first round is Davis.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Was trying to keep it under wraps, but I took a cooking class at the local junior College last summer the guy at the cooking station 2 to the left was Justin Fields. Figure that connection has me pegged as a late 4th rnd in a trade up by the Bears, my 5.57 40 dingsmy value a bit.

Vegan cooking class? Isn't that called gardening?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
If the Bears decide to trade up for a WR they really covet, it will only be if that player falls to say the mid 20s, at the earliest. We aren’t giving up the farm to trade up.

And if a crazy number of WRs get drafted in the 1st round…you guys better be ok with defense being drafted this year…
The latest Mock Draft up on NFL.Com has the Bears not taking a WR until the 3rd round. I think it had them taking a Safety and a DT in the 2nd round.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Was trying to keep it under wraps, but I took a cooking class at the local junior College last summer the guy at the cooking station 2 to the left was Justin Fields. Figure that connection has me pegged as a late 4th rnd in a trade up by the Bears, my 5.57 40 and glass eye dings my value a bit.
Was he cooking with Colin Kaepernick? I heard they are best friends now.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The latest Mock Draft up on NFL.Com has the Bears not taking a WR until the 3rd round. I think it had them taking a Safety and a DT in the 2nd round.
If there is a run on WR's in the first into the high second, I could see that, because a whole lot of good prospects will be pushed down to the Bears. I can see a safety there, but I also think it would be an OT over a DT.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Larry Borom’s mom out there on Twitter talkin shit! Lol

I know it’s just hoping against hope but… imo in the very limited time we got to see Borom at LT he looked more comfortable there than at RT.

It would be a beautiful surprise to have Borom have a Leno-like start to his career. I remember Leno playing on the right side and looking awful (worse than Borom) then he got plugged into the left side out of necessity and developed into a quality LT for several years.

99% chance it doesn’t happen but crazier things have. Pace did have a 2nd round grade on him after all… lol

I feel like I’m in the “bargaining” stage of grief right now.