Official- Patrick Williams extended

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
When did mediocre players get 100 million dollar contracts? I could see a Lari type path since he’s only 23 but if he can’t stay healthy, it won’t happen.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pat is prob one of my least favorite bulls players of all time. He has no dog in him at all. That said…maybe this contract looks decent in 4 years.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Going into last season this stiff was asking for 200 million. 90 for what he’s done is still not a deal.

AK must be hoping and praying. I don’t think that’s the textbook route to building a championship roster.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
You mean to tell me, I get to cheer for Pat Williams AND Matas Buzelis for the next 3-4 years? Sign me up now, I can’t wait for the season.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i cant believe how bad AKME really are at being GM's...maybe more AK than ME but still...so williams is drafted at 4 then AKME builds a team where williams is like the 4th/5th option and now that the bulls have failed to get past the 1st rd for a decade they extend williams whos played 1 full season i think in his career with the intention of developing him since there is now only a disgruntled lavine and giddey who looks like a poor mans rondo...I'm sure the plan is to also tank as bad as possible so they get back their pick that is owed to the spurs unless its in the top 10.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
i cant believe how bad AKME really are at being GM's...maybe more AK than ME but still...so williams is drafted at 4 then AKME builds a team where williams is like the 4th/5th option and now that the bulls have failed to get past the 1st rd for a decade they extend williams whos played 1 full season i think in his career with the intention of developing him since there is now only a disgruntled lavine and giddey who looks like a poor mans rondo...I'm sure the plan is to also tank as bad as possible so they get back their pick that is owed to the spurs unless its in the top 10.

If the plan is anything other than tanking to ensure they obtain their pick in the top 10 then AKME is even dumber than anyone could have imagined…which is frightening because everyone already realizes they’re next level stupid, and no one in their right mind has one iota of faith in this FO whatsoever.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If the bulls are able to trade ZL and DD, I actually think you’ll see the paw have a solid year if he’s stays healthy

I’ve said it from the start of his career, he’s never going to show progress as a consistently good NBA player trying to develop on a roster with ZL and DD. It just was never going to happen

Not saying the bulls will be good or anything. Just that I think you’ll see a guy like PWill actually develop

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
If the plan is anything other than tanking to ensure they obtain their pick in the top 10 then AKME is even dumber than anyone could have imagined…which is frightening because everyone already realizes they’re next level stupid, and no one in their right mind has one iota of faith in this FO whatsoever.
well, they could have held out for a pick in addition to getting giddey considering the thunder are overflowing with draft picks but AKME just has no timing on when to move a player....supposedly they also offered derozan a 2yr deal as high as 40 mill per season...

Enasic

Liked Posts:
well, they could have held out for a pick in addition to getting giddey considering the thunder are overflowing with draft picks but AKME just has no timing on when to move a player....supposedly they also offered derozan a 2yr deal as high as 40 mill per season...

I honestly don’t hate the giddey trade.

That said, I don’t put any level of stupidity past AKME. To be fair, the Dorfs have a ton of say and influence on pretty much every decision…but AKME have failed in pretty much every regard.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I honestly don’t hate the giddey trade.

That said, I don’t put any level of stupidity past AKME. To be fair, the Dorfs have a ton of say and influence on pretty much every decision…but AKME have failed in pretty much every regard.
my issue with giddey is hes in a contract year so now AKME will undoubtedly have to extend him or it makes the caruso trade look even more foolish. from what i've read and seen on giddey he's a rather poor 3pt shooter and his defense is lackluster. I dont think the dorfs care as long as they are under the tax. He's always said his priority is the sox rather than the bulls and thats been a shitshow for a long time now.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
my issue with giddey is hes in a contract year so now AKME will undoubtedly have to extend him or it makes the caruso trade look even more foolish. from what i've read and seen on giddey he's a rather poor 3pt shooter and his defense is lackluster. I dont think the dorfs care as long as they are under the tax. He's always said his priority is the sox rather than the bulls and thats been a shitshow for a long time now.
As it stands right now (we don't have 2025-26 cap numbers obviously), but the Bulls would have roughly 57 million in tax space as Ball becomes a UFA. So, that's plenty of room to give Giddey a new contract, probably looking something like PWills (though probably more money due to cap increases).

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
giddey is still just 21 years old and while his 3 point shot isnt good, it has improved every year in the league. theres no reason to think he wont continue to get better at it over the coming years

i remember people said the same thing about lonzo ball, that he couldnt shoot. last he played he was hitting over 40% from 3 on over 7 attempts per game.

guys improve

giddeys defense is a legit concern, though

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bring on the cope!!!!
Well five years is about my timeline before I can partially open one eye at this team.

Hopefully I'm not informing anyone the truth that we will be bottom 3 for the next 5 years.

1-2 years to fire GM and coach.

2-3 years to start rebuilding from what will be a worse failure than the baby bulls.

This is about to get real ugly and I don't understand why all these idiots are still in charge ofa professional team.

Their failure to maximize value of assets is incredible.

Their failure in vision to build a complimentary basketball team is incredible.

This is next level total destruction of a franchise type ignorance. These guys are terrible.

The owner has no clue at baseball or basketball. His people running both are among the worst morons in all of sports.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lock in 10 points a game and a 4-5 boards fellas!

This guy is a 6th man at best. Didn't we just sign a 6th man in Giddy?

Bulls don't appear to want to contend…ever
Fixed that for you.