OLB Tremaine Edmunds Top Ten Pick?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
http://www.hokiesports.com/football/recaps/20180124aaa.html

NFL.com – No. 3 overall prospect
Edmunds has a unique blend of size, length and athleticism. He primarily lines up off the line of scrimmage, but does get some work rushing off the edge. Against the run, he is quick to key, fill and finish as a tackler. He has rare lateral range and collects tackles from sideline to sideline. The former Hokie flashes the ability to shoot his hands and play off blocks, but this is one area where he can improve. Against the pass, he easily mirrors running backs and tight ends; there are even examples of him matching up and redirecting vs. slot receivers. He offers tremendous upside as an edge rusher, where he can dip/rip and bend around the edge. Overall, Edmunds has All-Pro ability. His upside is outrageous.
– Daniel Jeremiah

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I don’t care what they say. You’re a quality poster.

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
He's got a ton of upside and is extremely athletic. Two things Pace seems to covet in his top 10 picks. Being that he'll still only be 19 on draft day, he's pretty much an 'athlete' at this point, even as refined technically as he is. A teams coaching staff could easily turn him into an ILB or OLB or even DE depending on what scheme and what they think he does best.

I think he and Davenport will both be in play @8

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He's got a ton of upside and is extremely athletic. Two things Pace seems to covet in his top 10 picks. Being that he'll still only be 19 on draft day, he's pretty much an 'athlete' at this point, even as refined technically as he is. A teams coaching staff could easily turn him into an ILB or OLB or even DE depending on what scheme and what they think he does best.

I think he and Davenport will both be in play @8

I'm a big Edmunds fan and i think it's Windy that is as well. My biggest worry with him is his weight is listed at 236 but don't know when he was weighed in with that weight and if that's his weight now. If he's weighs in at 236 at the combine then that might be too light for what we need to play opposite L.Floyd.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought he was listed as an ILB ??

Visionman

Liked Posts:
236 but at only 19 years old, means he likely has room to grow yet. Seems he may be more of a complete lb instead of just a pure pass rusher?

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Leonard Floyd weighed in at 244 lbs at the combine. I just looked at the Georgia Bulldogs site and they had Floyd's playing weight as 231. So i think Edmunds could add some weight before the combine.

Liked Posts:
Edmunds probably would profile more as a middle linebacker who occasionally rushed off the edge. Hey would be a stud in the middle.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Our defense is far from complete and Fangio has shown to be a quality coach. That, and the only way we can challenge for this division is to be able to make the pocket a war zone. I'd be happy to add a talented pass rusher high.

I'm still pulling to draft Ridley, but I wouldn't throw my beer through the TV if we drafted Edmunds. Or any pass rusher that isn't named Key for that matter.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
EDIT - Double Post

I would like to add, though, that even if he projects in the middle, that would be considered a good thing in my book. If he, like Floyd, can be a versatile player with coverage AND pass rush skills, then it just improves our ability to be able to get to the QB with 4 rushers. A disguised front can open up easy blitz lanes to get to Rodgers, and attempt to re-break his collarbone.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Does he have both hands??

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Very good player, but I don't think he is an ideal fit for the Bear's defensive scheme.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Zierlein compared him to Brian Urlacher with his blend of size and athleticism.

He has my attention.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
What I also like about him is that his dad was a pro bowl TE for Miami.

It's in the genes.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Very good player, but I don't think he is an ideal fit for the Bear's defensive scheme.

THE counter argument is that he is a 19 year old super athlete who you train to be whatever you need.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Man, I'm really starting to come around on this dude. He could be Anthony Barr. Same type of size and it appears athletic ability on tape. He and a healthy Trevathan would be fun inside. Kwit in nickel with Edmunds potentially rushing off the edge or blitzing could be great. He's kinda opposite Floyd in that Floyd is a pass rusher that can do so much more than you don't want to limit him to just rushing off the edge. Edmunds is an off-ball, sideline to sideline LB that can do so much more that you don't want to limit him to just running and chasing RBs and TEs.

I don't know if Fangio can make the most of him (he is kind of structured as a DC), but if he feel he can I'd be very interested in this pick.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I think Leonard Floyd weighed in at 244 lbs at the combine. I just looked at the Georgia Bulldogs site and they had Floyd's playing weight as 231. So i think Edmunds could add some weight before the combine.

Yo Lou, should you really be an advocate for weight gain?