On the clock at 20..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Predictive draft has these guys available (Has all 5 QBs gone with Jones drafted last at #12 San Fran):

1). Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
-A 6'2" WR with very good hands, can you say replacement for A-Rob? Good route runner, lacks top end speed, but does release well and gets open.

2). Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
--6'2" CB with elite ball skills and elite athleticism, but a history of injuries with an ACL tear and back surgery. True #1 CB ability. Some mocks have him as early as 9th overall due to this elite athleticism.

3). Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas
-6'7" OT who played both tackle position for Texas. Good movement, flexibility and feet to protect as a LT, but not overwhelming in the run game. Does play well in space which is a fit for a zone system. Doesn't wow you with his play, but gets the job done in pass pro.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd take greg Newsome over farley if he fell

Would rather have Cosmi over both though

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The guys I’m hoping they have a choice between at 20 are Jones, Darrisaw and Bateman.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Predictive draft has these guys available (Has all 5 QBs gone with Jones drafted last at #12 San Fran):

-A 6'2" WR with very good hands, can you say replacement for A-Rob? Good route runner, lacks top end speed, but does release well and gets open.

--6'2" CB with elite ball skills and elite athleticism, but a history of injuries with an ACL tear and back surgery. True #1 CB ability. Some mocks have him as early as 9th overall due to this elite athleticism.

3). Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas
-6'7" OT who played both tackle position for Texas. Good movement, flexibility and feet to protect as a LT, but not overwhelming in the run game. Does play well in space which is a fit for a zone system. Doesn't wow you with his play, but gets the job done in pass pro.
If they take a corner in the first 2 rounds I'll be pretty annoyed. They created the hole themselves, it can probably be filled somewhat effectively and fairly reasonably in FA, and it can be covered with a good pass rush which we should have with our front 7 all back

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Also I know I've beaten rondale moore in the 2nd to death, not sure he'll be there at our pick after his pro day. Ran a 4.29, 42.5 vert, and that kid is stacked. He is only 5'7" so that may hurt him. I think he is going to be a huge playmaker out of the slot though. Maybe we can finally run a jet sweep effectively too

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
If the board broke that way I'd go Cosmi. He'd provide the largest chance of contributing in 2021 and it's been a position the Bears have really sucked at for a long time. It shows you are at least trying to fix a long well known problem.

Both Bateman and Farley could easily have a 'learning' year, which is common for both positions. That means they can start their 2nd season with a new coach/system that might not fit them. I'd prefer the person who can be easier to transition to the NFL and to different schemes if you have a new coach/system.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

3). Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas

Out of these 3, Cosmi is the best pick.
I mocked him in my mock.

as far as Farley goes, not in the first, but if he falls to the 2nd, it’ll be tempting, but still no.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Also I know I've beaten rondale moore in the 2nd to death, not sure he'll be there at our pick after his pro day. Ran a 4.29, 42.5 vert, and that kid is stacked. He is only 5'7" so that may hurt him. I think he is going to be a huge playmaker out of the slot though. Maybe we can finally run a jet sweep effectively too

That’s not the Moore I want.

I want Elijah Moore from Ole Miss.He can’t be covered in man to man, and is just about everything you’d want from Rondalle, but bigger.

He’s my guy.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

I want Elijah Moore from Ole Miss.He can’t be covered in man to man, and is just about everything you’d want from Rondalle, but bigger.

He’s my guy.
I'm not going to lie I haven't seen him play. I see a lot more big ten

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope for a great week one starter.... I give zero fucks about what his name is.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

He’s my guy.
Elijah and Rondale would both be solid draft picks in the 2nd. I'd be happy with either.

As far as the OP - I'm going Cosmi.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m hoping a team convinces pace to trade 20 for 2 and 4 this year and 1 and 3 next year. It gives the next gm a shot next year to clean this mess up

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m hoping a team convinces pace to trade 20 for 2 and 4 this year and 1 and 3 next year. It gives the next gm a shot next year to clean this mess up

YOU'RE NOT ASKING FOR MUCH. ARE YOU

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

3). Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas

Try the poll option next time? Sadly CCS doesn't allow it to be added after the thread is started.
1616703963920.png