CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
don't forget about Omiyale

Bearzinga

Liked Posts:
To be fair we've played two home games. We'll have to see how the rookies do on the road with a hostile crowd and noise. With that being said I'm not really worried about it.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I read today that CHI is the only team in the NFL through week 2 to not have a false start penalty.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In Chicago, we call those Jamarcus Webbs.
That last loss in Ford Field was ridiculous. I think he had 3 in a row in that game...not counting the ones here and there.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be fair we've played two home games. We'll have to see how the rookies do on the road with a hostile crowd and noise. With that being said I'm not really worried about it.

True, although we were guilty of false starts at home with alarming regularity.

I still expect growing pains with this line but it has looked above average against two above average defenses. We are 14th in total yards, sixth in scoring and fourth in 3rd down conversions. That is not bad considering the revamping we have done and the work that still needs to get done.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
NFL Network had a round table thingy asking what 2-0 team was the most impressive and obviously someone had the Broncos (and Warren Sapp had the Dolphins!? but that's another story) but my point is that no one had the Bears, and while maybe that is right, this team at 2-0 has the most potential to improve imo.

Think about it, we are 2-0 because of our offense not our D, and 2 rookies starting on the OL, new starting TE, Jeffery is semi-new since he didn't play that many games last year, all new coaching staff....

You are so right about the OL not committing penalties and that is actually somewhat surprising at this point as there should be some major growing pains at this point. The arrow should be pointing up and that is very exciting....

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
True, although we were guilty of false starts at home with alarming regularity.

I still expect growing pains with this line but it has looked above average against two above average defenses. We are 14th in total yards, sixth in scoring and fourth in 3rd down conversions. That is not bad considering the revamping we have done and the work that still needs to get done.
I remember there was like a 3 week stretch where we converted something like 1 3rd down, cant remember what year it was but it was embarassing

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
NFL Network had a round table thingy asking what 2-0 team was the most impressive and obviously someone had the Broncos (and Warren Sapp had the Dolphins!? but that's another story) but my point is that no one had the Bears, and while maybe that is right, this team at 2-0 has the most potential to improve imo.

Think about it, we are 2-0 because of our offense not our D, and 2 rookies starting on the OL, new starting TE, Jeffery is semi-new since he didn't play that many games last year, all new coaching staff....

You are so right about the OL not committing penalties and that is actually somewhat surprising at this point as there should be some major growing pains at this point. The arrow should be pointing up and that is very exciting....
I wonder how many head coaches in their first year can say the started the season 2-0 with wins against playoff teams