One win.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
Since I love Rush almost as much as the Hawks...I will just post the quote from my signature!

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[quote name="klemmer"]

Apparently, the NHL feels the same. New commercial shows it and is captioned "What if Chicago could be bullied?"[/quote]

I thought is said "What if Pronger wasn't a pussy?"

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I would love to see Hossa the # 1 star in game 6 hat trick would be amazing. I really don't want this coming back to UC. Please for the love of god finish this Wed.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, please finish it in game 6. I don't think I could take a game 7 and frankly the sooner this is over the sooner I can move on with my life. It feels like it's been suspended until the finals are over. I don't know what I'll do once this is over, first time in my life that hockey season has gone this far into the summer.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="roshinaya"]Yes, please finish it in game 6. I don't think I could take a game 7 and frankly the sooner this is over the sooner I can move on with my life. It feels like it's been suspended until the finals are over. I don't know what I'll do once this is over, first time in my life that hockey season has gone this far into the summer.[/quote]

By the time the Finals are over it will be 4 from 2 months that these playoffs lasted. Long grueling playoffs started on April 14th.

ginnie

Liked Posts:
Top Headlines at NHL.com:

* Leighton back in net for Flyers in Game 6 |

* Flyers positive Final will go the full seven games

* Must see: Briere expects to play in a Game 7

* Flyers must prevent quick strikes in Game 6

Excuse me, aren't there TWO teams in the Finals!

Fuck, the media bias bugs me to no end...

Ton

Liked Posts:
[quote name="ginnie"]Top Headlines at NHL.com:

Fuck, the media bias bugs me to no end...[/quote]

Yeah and if we win the big prize the media headlines will be: "Pronger thinks Flyers will be back next year... Briere disappointed in loss... Flyers seek goal-tending help... Leighton looking for NHL gig... NHL looking to extend Finals to nine games for Flyers"

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="Ton"]

Yeah and if we win the big prize the media headlines will be: "Pronger thinks Flyers will be back next year... Briere disappointed in loss... Flyers seek goal-tending help... Leighton looking for NHL gig... NHL looking to extend Finals to nine games for Flyers"[/quote]

All I'd want in that case is the postgame interview with Niemi, he looks McGuire straight in the eye, and says, "...With this goaltending you mealy-mouthed hobgoblin."

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Ton"]

Yeah and if we win the big prize the media headlines will be: "Pronger thinks Flyers will be back next year... Briere disappointed in loss... Flyers seek goal-tending help... Leighton looking for NHL gig... NHL looking to extend Finals to nine games for Flyers"[/quote]

You forgot one very important headline.

"Flyers lose, fans riot. Several people injured and hundreds arrested."

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Rdrhwke"]

You forgot one very important headline.

"Flyers lose, fans riot. Several people injured and hundreds arrested."[/quote]

I doubt very few get arrested when we clinch this Cup and they do riot.

Mark it, bet on it. The city and their ricockulous fans take pride in their thuggery.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
[quote name="ginnie"]Top Headlines at NHL.com:

Fuck, the media bias bugs me to no end...[/quote]

They also have in the section "Fun at the Final" titled: "Eager Beaver" :lol:

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
[quote name="IceHogsFan"]

I doubt very few get arrested when we clinch this Cup and they do riot.

Mark it, bet on it. The city and their ricockulous fans take pride in their thuggery.[/quote]

No argument there.

But as dumb as those fucksticks are in Philly, you know some boozed up azz clown will get brave and take a swipe at a cop..........and then it's SHOWTIME !!!!!

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Rdrhwke"]

No argument there.

But as dumb as those fucksticks are in Philly, you know some boozed up azz clown will get brave and take a swipe at a cop..........and then it's SHOWTIME !!!!![/quote]

And they don't fuck around. :naughty: :naughty:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RSMKfAiDSI[/youtube]

ginnie

Liked Posts:
Its hard for me to express how much a Stanley Cup win will mean to me...

For those "younger" folks on here - I still am sad and angry over the '71 Finals and that was 39 years ago! Just thinking about that loss makes me emotional...

I'm sure "older" members here have the same feeling about it.

I think Bobby Hull might have mentioned about how when you're a young hockey player and you win the Cup, you don't fully appreciate the accomplishment, fully expecting that it will happen again and not realizing that it may never happen again in your career. I want a Cup win in my lifetime, dammit! (I was only three in 1961 and was more concerned with potty training than hockey)

Tomorrow night, we might have the opportunity to share in the greatest sports moment of our lives - if that happens, I will cherish the moment and memories forever.

Here's to our beloved Chicago Blackhawks - GO HAWKS GO !!!

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[quote name="ginnie"]Its hard for me to express how much a Stanley Cup win will mean to me...

For those "younger" folks on here - I still am sad and angry over the '71 Finals and that was 39 years ago! Just thinking about that loss makes me emotional...

I think Bobby Hull might have mentioned about how when you're a young hockey player and you win the Cup, you don't fully appreciate the accomplishment, fully expecting that it will happen again and not realizing that it may never happen again in your career. I want a Cup win in my lifetime, dammit! (I was only three in 1961 and was more concerned with potty training than hockey)

Tomorrow night, we might have the opportunity to share in the greatest sports moment of our lives - if that happens, I will cherish the moment and memories forever.

Here's to our beloved Chicago Blackhawks - GO HAWKS GO !!![/quote]

I agree Ginnie. I was 21 back in 71, but wasn't paying much attention to the Hawks back then. So I don't feel the pain other old farts do with that loss. I also hope our kids focus tomorrow night...this could be the only chance many of them will get for a chance at the Cup.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="bierboy"]

I agree Ginnie. I was 21 back in 71, but wasn't paying much attention to the Hawks back then. So I don't feel the pain other old farts do with that loss. I also hope our kids focus tomorrow night...this could be the only chance many of them will get for a chance at the Cup.[/quote]

I want this more for you guys than for me. I will find more enjoyment seeing all of you old farts thoughts on the moment more than anything. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait... just the thought is spine tingling. But if it happens I will be more happy that you old farts suffered through the bad times and finally get to see it!

I still have.... well.... my liver... maybe 45 more years, I hope to see many more!

GO HAWKS!

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Ton"]

...and we won't give a fuck!

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="ginnie"]Its hard for me to express how much a Stanley Cup win will mean to me...

Here's to our beloved Chicago Blackhawks - GO HAWKS GO !!![/quote]

I was 12 in 1971 and the Hawks losing to the Canadians in 7 games is the biggest disappointment I've had following sports. For the first time in 39 years, the Cup will be on hand, in the building, with the Hawks having a chance to hoist it up after the game. I want a different result than the one in'71.

GO HAWKS! :clap:

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
i've been a fan of the blackhawks since i found them in NHL96 and they were a pretty good team on there and they had a cool logo and neat jerseys. if you don't believe me, as proof of this i have a red amonte jersey and a white #26 zhamnov jersey, that were bought when me and my dad travelled to chicago for a week and attended a couple of games in 96 (vs. montreal and the maple leafs, which they both lost 3-1)!

then of course they started their long trek through the dark ages and the last couple of years are the first time since i became a fan this team has had any success, so to see them this close to winning it all is of course absolutely awesome. you old timers at least had some pretty successful teams to over the course of the 70s, 80s and 90s, i've been rooting for the most part on a sometimes completely atrocious team :cry: