OT: Allen Irverson's New Statue

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Mr. "It's just practice" gets his new statue unveiled at, of all places, the 76ers' practice facility.

I would consider this an good example of irony.

It's just practice.

Yes, there is something quite wry about the fact Allen Iverson was immortalized in his crossover pose at -- of all sites -- the Philadelphia 76ers' practice facility.

Practice. Not where the Sixers play their games. Practice.

Almost 22 years after AI ranted about "practice" 22 times in an often-spoofed news conference -- see, Ted Lasso -- even Iverson got a kick out of the location of the sculpture unveiled Friday on the team's Legends Walk, joining the likes of Julius Erving, Wilt Chamberlain, Charles Barkley and Maurice Cheeks. The Hall of Famer who made "talking about practice" a permanent part of the pop culture lexicon is now a permanent part of the Sixers' home.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mr. "It's just practice" gets his new statue unveiled at, of all places, the 76ers' practice facility.

I would consider this an good example of irony.

It's just practice.

Yes, there is something quite wry about the fact Allen Iverson was immortalized in his crossover pose at -- of all sites -- the Philadelphia 76ers' practice facility.

Practice. Not where the Sixers play their games. Practice.

Almost 22 years after AI ranted about "practice" 22 times in an often-spoofed news conference -- see, Ted Lasso -- even Iverson got a kick out of the location of the sculpture unveiled Friday on the team's Legends Walk, joining the likes of Julius Erving, Wilt Chamberlain, Charles Barkley and Maurice Cheeks. The Hall of Famer who made "talking about practice" a permanent part of the pop culture lexicon is now a permanent part of the Sixers' home.
Sir this is a BAERS FORUM

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It’s disrespectful to the legacy of AI to call him “Mr. it’s just practice” but that’s what you get when you’re a sportscenter sports fan and not a sports sports fan SMDH!
You know what you can go do with your posts.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
OT means Off Topic, which means anything one wants to post barring political subjects.

Yeah but that is kind of like using "no offense" before you offend the fuck out of someone.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yeah but that is kind of like using "no offense" before you offend the fuck out of someone.
How so?

In your example, you offend someone right after saying that there is going to be no offense. This means that you are going to do exactly what you said you were not going to do.

What I did was say that I was not going to do something and then I did exactly what I said I was going to do.

Examples (one made up for purposes of making an example):

You, "No offense to Sam Mustipher but Musty was one of the worst centers I have ever seen".

Me, "Going off topic which is Chicago Bears football, Allen Iverson got a statue from the 76ers and it was ironically placed at the practice facility"

See the difference or care to explain your comment?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
How so?

In your example, you offend someone right after saying that there is going to be no offense. This means that you are going to do exactly what you said you were not going to do.

What I did was say that I was not going to do something and then I did exactly what I said I was going to do.

Examples (one made up for purposes of making an example):

You, "No offense to Sam Mustipher but Musty was one of the worst centers I have ever seen".

Me, "Going off topic which is Chicago Bears football, Allen Iverson got a statue from the 76ers and it was ironically placed at the practice facility"

See the difference or care to explain your comment?

Could you explain in more detail please? I don't follow.