OT: Best NBA team in history to never win a title

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bibby was planning to hold Kobe on that inbounds but watching the replay it doesn't seem Bibby had fully initiated the hold yet before the elbow came

he did technically touch Kobe first but it was literally a millisecond before he was smacked in the face with the elbow....the elbow was in motion and was pretty much in its full swing before Bibby had held him

i say offensive foul on Kobe but even if its a wash on this particular one there was still other questionable calls it was just that one stuck out to me because the elbow was so blatant i don't know how refs missed it
Yes there's many other questionable calls throughout that entire game. People like to cherry pick that Bibby one, probably because it seems like the nail in the coffin.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dumb comment. This is lake those who say Dumars could Jordan. Congrats!

What? Excellent post. Payton is one of the best defenders in history. Stop being a homer.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's been a popular narrative but if you really go back and watch those games Jordan missed a lot of open looks.

Did he miss those open looks from exerting more energy because he was being checked and not having his way or at least the Michael Jordan way?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What? Excellent post. Payton is one of the best defenders in history. Stop being a homer.
Yes his excellent post didn't make sense what so ever. But as Crys said, he warned me that it would be a dumb comment.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Since it's the lull time of the NBA off-season, who do you think is the best NBA team in history to never win an championship?

I'm going to go with the early 00's Sacramento Kings. I really thought they deserved the title in 2002. Maybe the best passing I've ever seen as a complete team. And Bibby was absolutely clutch (arguably one of the best players ever to never be an all-star).

I fucking loved the early 2000 Kings teams. They were screwed out of one of those series vs the Lakers because of that Tim Donauhe(sp) scandal.

Bibby was my favorite player in the league for a while. That team was stacked with talent too. Till this day, theyre the only non-Chicago team i can truly say i was a fan of. Injury bug hit them hard during that Dallas series when Nash was still with them. It all went downhill since then. Shame.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
BTW i totally thought this thread was going to be about the 2010-11 Chicago Bulls.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I fucking loved the early 2000 Kings teams. They were screwed out of one of those series vs the Lakers because of that Tim Donauhe(sp) scandal.

Bibby was my favorite player in the league for a while. That team was stacked with talent too. Till this day, theyre the only non-Chicago team i can truly say i was a fan of. Injury bug hit them hard during that Dallas series when Nash was still with them. It all went downhill since then. Shame.

pretty easy team to like playstyle wise

they have been so terrible for so long those days are pretty much forgotten and they have bobcat level rep...players actually turning down more money from them...sad state of affairs...should have let them move to Seattle

things just dont bode well for the Kings

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
pretty easy team to like playstyle wise

they have been so terrible for so long those days are pretty much forgotten and they have bobcat level rep...players actually turning down more money from them...sad state of affairs...should have let them move to SeattleYeah it really sucks.

things just dont bode well for the Kings
which bodes well for the Bulls