Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That redzone 4th and goal from the 4 was a big mistake. The others were likely fine choices. I didn't get to see much so can't comment on why all those drives stalled.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The played really well, a few dumb choices and bad plays sunk them. Not kicking the FG at the end of the second quarter was a terrible decision.

They are in a far better place than the Bears are by any measure, though.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

Wtf does Ballard have to do with anything here?

Reich had a bad game coaching no doubt. Inexcusable, and he deserves all the shit he will get this offseason for a terrible job coaching this game.

He also has every opportunity to prove he can learn moving forward.

If he is anything like Nagy, he will regress. But I doubt he is like Nagy and the Colts have shown stability and progression

meanwhile in Chicago, Nagy's undeniable regression sends shockwaves up to ownership and the question marks all over Halas Hall are obvious to even casual NFL observers.

Nagy NEEDS a big showing today more than any other coach that is in the playoffs.

Even if he loses, if he at least goes out having his guys fight hard (eg. WASH) Nagy NEEDS that so badly.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This isnt about Nagy or Pace. They both suck. But thanks for bringing them into it.

I just dont believe the Colts will seriously contend with Rivers and Reich's very questionable decision making.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The played really well, a few dumb choices and bad plays sunk them. Not kicking the FG at the end of the second quarter was a terrible decision.

They are in a far better place than the Bears are by any measure, though.

Sorry but while they have a better future, they dont have anything close to a franchise QB. This will be their future for a few years. A perennial wildcard or divisional team but wont actually cotend for the SB. Unless they get a franchise QB. No above average QB will be able to offset Reich's game day blunders( I suppose he could learn but havent seen that yet)

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Sorry but while they have a better future, they dont have anything close to a franchise QB. This will be their future for a few years. A perennial wildcard or divisional team but wont actually cotend for the SB. Unless they get a franchise QB. No above average QB will be able to offset Reich's game day blunders( I suppose he could learn but havent seen that yet)
What are you sorry about? Did I say they had a franchise QB or that they were going to win the super bowl soon? I don't remember that. I remember writing they are much better positioned than the Bears, which you seem to agree with.

Obviously, their franchise QB retired out of nowhere three years ago and they haven't been bad enough (or really had any high picks) to pick another one.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I can’t wait to see Kamara on Trevathan/Hicks. This could be a complete shit show but also quite entertaining.

I want the bears to win or lose badly. If they hang around and just bring everyone back again it won’t inspire much confidence.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
So it's possible we can still beat the Saints!!....I kid, I kid!

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The anti-Ballard crowd is an interesting one.

He's always the go to for Pace Haters. He is gawd to them/ya'll! If they compared Pace to other GMs, it wouldn't be as bad. (Truth be told, Pace stacks up well to most GMs)

dennehy

Liked Posts:
FTR I'm not a Pace hater. Pace is really good at finding good players in the mid rounds, which is the 3rd most important trait in a GM. Unfortunately he fucked up the two most important things and you don't get to come back from those franchise crushing mistakes.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's always the go to for Pace Haters. He is gawd to them/ya'll! If they compared Pace to other GMs, it wouldn't be as bad. (Truth be told, Pace stacks up well to most GMs)
I dont think you know what you're talking about. I cant speak for anyone else but Ballard is no "gawd" to me. I think he's a fine GM, nothing more. Pace doesn't stack up well vs the good GMs of the nfl.

Used the highest Bears draft pick in recent memory to draft a project QB and didn't even take a meeting with an obvious winner and stud in Watson. Football malpractice. Should have been fired the day that story was released because it's inexcusable.

At the end of the day, this team is only in the playoffs because they backed in at .500 and because of an expanded NFL playoff. It's nothing worth praising or congratulating. If this were 2019, they're not in the playoffs.

Pace has gotten to work with a ton of really high draft picks to turn this team into a contender. The checkbook has been wide open for him to do whatever he wants. He got to hire his coach. 6 years in and this team should be peaking with an arrow pointing up. They're on the doorstep of another rebuild.

Ballard built a team that took a SB contender down to the last minute. Hilarious seeing people laugh at them when the Bears got bounced at home against Nick Foles. Bears couldn't even score 16 damn points.