OT: Combine might be canceled

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

So how will Pace know which prospects to trade up for and waste more draft capital?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So how will Pace know which prospects to trade up for and waste more draft capital?

Between Johnson & Mooney and more recently, Cole Kmet, having no combine in 2020 was an obvious advantage for the Bears as it forced Pace to just listen to his scouts.

I would say ban Ryan Pace from the combine for life if I were George McCaskey, but if I really were George McCaskey...Pace would not be employed much longer.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Well, this might take out the "educated" in his guessing. I expect same or better results.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Between Johnson & Mooney and more recently, Cole Kmet, having no combine in 2020 was an obvious advantage for the Bears as it forced Pace to just listen to his scouts.

I would say ban Ryan Pace from the combine for life if I were George McCaskey, but if I really were George McCaskey...Pace would not be employed much longer.
There was a combine in 2020.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was a combine in 2020.

It did? I assumed it went virtual like the Draft, so it happened, but not in the way it always does.

I will admit I don't pay enough attention to the combine to know one way or the other.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It did? I assumed it went virtual like the Draft, so it happened, but not in the way it always does.

I will admit I don't pay enough attention to the combine to know one way or the other.
It happened in February like a month before the pandemic lockdown began.

It was the same as every other combine, 100% in person.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Do they really even need a combine? Why can't they just do the measurables during the pro days in March?

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:

Why do people comment, when they have no idea wtf they're talking about?

Then again, thats 90% of this board....

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's all about the type car they drive.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Thanked you for the sentiment.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do people comment, when they have no idea wtf they're talking about?

Then again, thats 90% of this board....

That's like 90% of the entire internet if we are throwing those cards on the table, but I promise to no longer discuss the NFL Combine going forward to do my part for the 10%.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pace wont be drafting for the Bears, so don't worry.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:

This may be a good thing for Pace since he has bad QB evaluation skills. He may have better results with blind luck.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace wont be drafting for the Bears, so don't worry.

Just like your prediction mitch would never start another game for the bears around this time last year?

I got news for you princess, pace aint going no where until 2022 at the soonest.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just like your prediction mitch would never start another game for the bears around this time last year?

I got news for you princess, pace aint going no where until 2022 at the soonest.
Dont you have a 12PM appointment with your talk therapist?

Imagine having social anxiety on the internet and calling someone else princess lolololololololololololololololol what a fucking joke you are. This is the one place where you can pretend to be anyone and you have panic attacks over football opinions :(

A lot of my predictions are based on the Bears not being completely out of touch with reality and having perspective on the current state of their teams. Just like i was right about Mitch, im right about Pace. If he's here, it only backs my opinions of what an incompetent franchise this is. Again, whos the one that told you early that Mitch wasn't it? Whos the one that told you that Eddie Jackson was a flash in the pan? Whos the one at 5-1 that told you that this team was headed for an epic collapse and they had their longest losing streak in like 20 years?

Sorry Jr, i'm not more aware of this team than you. Always have been.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well, this might take out the "educated" in his guessing. I expect same or better results.

Pace has been really good at drafting so not sure what people are talking about.

CCS being CCS

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Pace has been really good at drafting so not sure what people are talking about.

CCS being CCS
He's been okay. Not really much to write home about. I think he's just another Jerry angelo. To be considered good you gotta hit at least on a decent qb.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its like some people think if you hit on one pick, you've drafted well. In what realm is this team a product of drafting well?

Pace's few hits are the GM equivalent of Mitch's "but that one throw".