OT: Combine might be canceled

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think you know what "good" drafting looks like.

You miss much more often than you hit. The first round has a 50% hit rate just for a player to be a starter. It gets much lower round 2 and on.

Even guys like ballard who people have cried on here we should have signed over pace has missed a ton.

Some peoples expectations are way way too high. I don't think pace is great, but he hasn't done a terrible job. He'd actually be doing a fantastic job if he took adams instead of mitchell in the first round that year.

You can't trade up and fuck up the QB position and then do nothing to address your fuck up.
Pff. If you look at the impactful play produced from the drafts or even just the retention of the players Pace drafted, his record is shit.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Everybody viewed Mahomes as the QB with the highest ceiling. It was just thought he would need good coaching...which obviously eliminates the Bears.

Of course you can put the White pick on Pace. In fact, Bears didn't have 1 starter on the team this year from his first draft. Another top 10 pick miss the following year. Again, no players drafted that year remain on the team today. Then the '17 draft and Trubisky trade up fail. 2 good 4th rounders but 1 not very much impactful. Eddie had a big season but currently can be viewed as not much more than average. '18 draft, Roquan the top pick there and a good one but nothing else but average or below picks here. ILB always seemed to be that 1 position that comes easy to the Bears. LMAO. Just Montgomery in '19 draft. and a couple of players with potential this past draft, Kmet necessitated by the Pace super reach for Shaheen in '17.

How anybody gets Pace has been really good at drafting through all that, IDK.

This should help you. How anyone can not think these are good draft picks especially when you see where many were drafted, IDK.

E.Goldman--2nd
A.Amos--5th
L.Floyd--1st
C.Whitehair--2nd
N.Kwiatkowski--4th
D.Bush--4th
J.Howard--5th
D.Houston Carson--6th
E.Jackson--4th
T.Cohen--4th
R.Smith--1st
J.Daniels--2nd
B.Nichols--5th
D.Montgomery--3rd
C.Kmet--2nd
J.Johnson--2nd
D.Mooney--5th

anytime says Pace only has had a few good draft picks so you should probably just take his lead since you seem to agree with everything else he says.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You miss much more often than you hit. The first round has a 50% hit rate just for a player to be a starter. It gets much lower round 2 and on.

Ryan Pace had four consecutive Top Ten draft picks and will only have an ILB to show for it. I get you miss some picks, but those were four picks he really needed to nail especially if you were going to give away two years of first round picks as a follow up.

He's Jerry Angelo without the wins on his best day...a complete ****ing idiot on his worst.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace had four consecutive Top Ten draft picks and will only have an ILB to show for it. I get you miss some picks, but those were four picks he really needed to nail especially if you were going to give away two years of first round picks as a follow up.

He's Jerry Angelo without the wins on his best day...a complete ****ing idiot on his worst.

Thats cool, and he completely rebuilt the roster from round 2 on.

Yes, his first rounders have sucked, but outside of mitch I'll take it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
This should help you. How anyone can not think these are good draft picks especially when you see where many were drafted, IDK.

E.Goldman--2nd
A.Amos--5th
L.Floyd--1st
C.Whitehair--2nd
N.Kwiatkowski--4th
D.Bush--4th
J.Howard--5th
D.Houston Carson--6th
E.Jackson--4th
T.Cohen--4th
R.Smith--1st
J.Daniels--2nd
B.Nichols--5th
D.Montgomery--3rd
C.Kmet--2nd
J.Johnson--2nd
D.Mooney--5th

anytime says Pace only has had a few good draft picks so you should probably just take his lead since you seem to agree with everything else he says.
Hahahaha. Half of your average list isn't even with the Bears anymore. That should tell you how "very good" they were. We aren't looking for CCS MB heroes here.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How anybody gets Pace has been really good at drafting through all that, IDK.
At some point we all have to realize that we keep getting baited into arguments with retards who don’t know that they’re talking about. This clown doesn't even know how to use the ignore function on here but thinks he can lecture everyone about general managing in the NFL?

Sorry, i like armchair GMs who don't get panic attacks.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats cool, and he completely rebuilt the roster from round 2 on.

Right back into 8-8 Football Hell.

His team is more than welcome to start surprising me and morph into a playoff team in the next 60 minutes. I'll even send him one of those Gruden Baskets straight to Lake Forest.

Otherwise, it's kind of poetic it could be the Saints that end his career here.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hahahaha. Half of your average list isn't even with the Bears anymore. That should tell you how "very good" they were. We aren't looking for CCS MB heroes here.

I counted 4 players that aren't with them anymore so maybe you should of paid more attention in math class. Now what does those 4 players not being with the Bears anymore have to do with if they're good players or not? I'll wait on that. Do you think that every player that every team besides the Bears draft are still on that team? Just admit that Pace has not been bad at drafting cause it would be much simpler to do then keeping on looking stupid.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I counted 4 players that aren't with them anymore so maybe you should of paid more attention in math class. Now what does those 4 players not being with the Bears anymore have to do with if they're good players or not? I'll wait on that. Do you think that every player that every team besides the Bears draft are still on that team? Just admit that Pace has not been bad at drafting cause it would be much simpler to do then keeping on looking stupid.
Who, specifically, are you pointing to as the game changers? I'd view Jackson and Roquan as the best of the lot in 6 years of drafting and could really view Jackson as a flash in the pan. All others being unproven or MB heroes at best. In 6 years, has hit on only 1 good 1st round pick in Smith. Shaheen in the 2nd was laughable. Many other players you point to as being "very good" would be considered average or less by non-Bears fans.

And this wasn't about Pace not being bad at drafting. You specifically said he has been very good.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
If they cancel the Combine then Windy City will go on suicide watch

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who, specifically, are you pointing to as the game changers? I'd view Jackson and Roquan as the best of the lot in 6 years of drafting and could really view Jackson as a flash in the pan. All others being unproven or MB heroes at best. In 6 years, has hit on only 1 good 1st round pick in Smith. Shaheen in the 2nd was laughable. Many other players you point to as being "very good" would be considered average or less by non-Bears fans.

And this wasn't about Pace not being bad at drafting. You specifically said he has been very good.

I was gonna stop cause i think i've proven my point to anyone that has any common sense at all, but can you do me a favor and show me where i said all those players were "very good"? I know you won't answer because you'll realize that you're wrong and i never said every player listed was "very good" but just concede now instead of making shit up to try your very best at being right about something when you just end up being wrong anyway.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I imagine a ton of dudes here are pissed that they can't watch 21-24 year olds in their underwear.