OT: Fantasy Football Position Rankings 2010 Cheat Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice article. Should help me in my fantasy draft next week.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Robie Gould is only the 9th best kicker in the NFL? With the trouble the Bears have getting touchdowns, I would expect him to kick a lot of field goals.

Dadude2399

They be rapin eryone here
Liked Posts:
This is so bad. Eli Manning should be in the top 10. Peyton should be in top 3. Peterson and MJD should be above Ray Rice. There's a few more but I don't feel like listing it all. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Eli shouldnt be in the top 10 but he should be higher and i agree on your other points

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Flacco is too low, R. Mathews is too low, V. Jackson is too high, Olsen is too low, Eagles and Packers D/ST are too low. Whats the point of the Individual Defensive Players?
Note:
I had my 3rd fantasy draft last night, A lot to keep track of. :)

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
jamaal charles is the starter...not TJ

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Not only has Aaron Rodgers been the best overall player in FF over the last 2 years, he is without a doubt at least the most valuable player at his position this year. Also Brady is not more valuable than Manning, Manning is a lock for 4000/30 and the Patriots are looking to run the ball more this year. Rivers is also too low in my opinion for your QBs.

Ray Rice is too high on your list, AP and MJD are more valuable. Jonathan Stewart is 2nd on the depth chart for his own team and you have him ranked 8th... Deangelo Williams is more valuable than him on that team (Williams was the featured guy and was on pace for 1,500 yards before he got hurt last year). Shonn Green is way too high, Ryan Grant and Ryan Matthews are way too low. Thomas Jones does not even start... where is Jamal Charles?

I am sorry I like the attempt but there are way too many problems with your FF rankings chart, this could fuck over a lot of new players.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
After looking into some more "rankings" from SI and ESPN, these rankings aren't far off at all.

If I am wrong on some of them, I am happy to be wrong with the people who actually get paid to write stuff like this.

Also Wakacha, a lot of fantasy leagues have individual defensive players. For instance the money league I am in has 3 slots for D players + 1 D/ST team.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Deangelo Williams is more valuable than him on that team (Williams was the featured guy and was on pace for 1,500 yards before he got hurt last year). .

Stewart had 30 more yards rushing and 4 more touchdowns total.

That is why he's above DeAngelo. There is no "feature" back in Carolina. Both of them receive the same amount of carries. Statistically.....which is all fantasy football is about....Williams is not more valuable.

Also Ray Rice is not too high....he had 1400 yards rushing "and" 700 yards receiving. Depending on most leagues, that is a nice chunk of extra points for him catching passes out of the backfield. Going into his 3rd year, his production is only going to increase. Especially with the addition of a solid WR, thus spreading the defense out "a little more", in Anquan Boldin. He was 2nd only to Chris Johnson in total yards. McGahee had a lucky ass year and had 11 TD's, I think his production will diminish, making Rice all that much more valuable.

Also to a couple other inquiries on certain players, this is based off scoring potential. This is not based off who is the better player. If Joe Schlmoe will score more points at QB than Peyton Manning, then he will be listed higher than him. He could be a terrible QB but if he scores more points, that is all that matters in fantasy football.

Jamaal Charles will NOT score more fantasy points then Thomas Jones. Book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.