OT Greg Knapp

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Extremely sad to hear of this.

I've had a few neighbors that are big cyclists and a few of them have been hit by cars. Nothing head on, but 'rubbed' off the road and one was hit in the back with extended mirrors of someone pulling a trailer.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reason I stopped cycling, ran off the road by a texting driver. Concussion and split open knee, it's not worth it. Trails are a no too, too many people not paying attention whether that's because their kids are with them, animals, or taking fucking selfies.

San Antonio has bike lanes but it's not safe. A friend of mine in Austin was killed after succumbing to his injuries which were a shattered pelvis and two broken legs, he got an infection and never recovered.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
This is awful. Hate to hear of a story like this happening to anybody. I hope his family is as okay as they can be after something so tragic and unexpected. It's hard to move past such unexpected events like this

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Reason I stopped cycling, ran off the road by a texting driver. Concussion and split open knee, it's not worth it. Trails are a no too, too many people not paying attention whether that's because their kids are with them, animals, or taking fucking selfies.

San Antonio has bike lanes but it's not safe. A friend of mine in Austin was killed after succumbing to his injuries which were a shattered pelvis and two broken legs, he got an infection and never recovered.
To be fair I’ve also seen dozens of idiot bikers over the years riding 5 wide on roads forcing people to make dangerous passes etc etc etc.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair I’ve also seen dozens of idiot bikers over the years riding 5 wide on roads forcing people to make dangerous passes etc etc etc.
A lot of people will 'eat a lane' to make themselves more visible, but that's mostly in the city. I would never do that on a highway.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Here's additional info. and a link

An avid bicyclist, Knapp was hit by a single motorist at about 2:49 p.m., not far from his home in Danville, San Ramon police said. The driver of the vehicle, whose name is being withheld, wasn't under the influence of drugs or alcohol and is cooperating with the ongoing investigation, according to police.

New York Jets assistant coach Greg Knapp dies from injuries ...

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Bikers love to claim they have the same rights on the road as cars I believe. But by taking those rights it increases chances of an accident as obviously cars get in accidents a lot

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A

Real bike trails are okay. Busy town trails where people also walk suck. I hit a woman on one. Well the woman hit me with her sway walking and flailing talking hands. Nearly ran over unleashed dogs multiple times.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Real bike trails are okay. Busy town trails where people also walk suck. I hit a woman on one. Well the woman hit me with her sway walking and flailing talking hands. Nearly ran over unleashed dogs multiple times.
It’s not even safe to ride bikes on closed courses. Idiot pedestrians are everywhere.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bikers love to claim they have the same rights on the road as cars I believe. But by taking those rights it increases chances of an accident as obviously cars get in accidents a lot
It's the wrong time to bring this up but in Lincoln park they do that and then run every stop sign at speed. This does not relate to the Knapp tragedy in any way (RIP) but I'm surprised they don't get tagged more often. I was at a 4 way stop on Wrightwood and I think Racine the other day waited for my turn, started and had a bike fly out from between cars at almost 30 MPH. He would have hit my side easily if I hadn't notice he was about to emerge.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
there's a narrow winding road near me where there is no berm, sometimes the bikers don't ride single file but side by side forcing me to pass on a curve or drive behind them doing 20 for miles, so if another car flies around the curve i'm in trouble....they have a sign to share the road and I'm like...ride single file you're putting me and my kids in danger

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Glad I'm into MTB and don't have to deal with all the fuckery the roadies have to deal with.