OT: hate to say I told ya so, BUT...

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Anybody who watch any college football know Mallett ceiling is high as fuck. If he knew how to interview right he should of been a 1st round pick. Every scout said coming out of high school he already has a NFL arm.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yes very shrewd move by the Pats. Draft a guy in the 3rd that takes 3 yrs to rehab his reputation and learn to play at an NFL level, so you can lose him as a free agent, or if everything lines up possibly get a 3rd( the round he was drafted in) or maybe a 2nd for him. You are on top of that move. Great I told you so!!

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeff George everybody! :clap:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Does this have anything to do with the Bears?

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I know that. But that was after the fact now wasn't it? Teams lined up though. Just as they will for mallet.

So....I'm confused. What you're saying now is he's not great but teams will overpay him stupidly like Flynn. Not really the same point as you started with.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
So....I'm confused. What you're saying now is he's not great but teams will overpay him stupidly like Flynn. Not really the same point as you started with.

Dude I was simply blowing up your matt Flynn thing. Bottom line was he got paid. Teams will.pay qbs who FLASH.

We weren't talking about the aftermath.

Got it?

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
You were also the same guy who pretty much guaranteed that the Pats were trading him on draft day. So what happened with that? And what is your fascination with Mallett?

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Dude I was simply blowing up your matt Flynn thing. Bottom line was he got paid. Teams will.pay qbs who FLASH.

We weren't talking about the aftermath.

Got it?
"My" Matt Flynn thing? That was the first post I made in the thread. Wha?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah but even after Pats drafted garropolo there were buttheads on this board saying nobody would ever want mallet and that he just got demoted to #3.

And I don't think anybody has ever thouight about him as the "most glorified backup in the league". Except me.

Jimmy Garoppolo sucks I agree with that too.
How we doing?

Liked Posts:
IMO the Pats are show casing him for a trade with the Texans now that they have Garoppolo. In which if it does happen the Pats will absolutely hose down the Texans for a QB who will probably end up similar to how Cassel did outside of BB's offense.

I wouldn't trust dealing with the Pats for much of anything. To me it seems as if almost every time a player either leaves them for FA or is traded, that player isn't near the player they were in NE. The Pats a very good at developing their players in their systems, but it seems like once they leave there, things seem to go downhill. Maybe it just seems that way, but I do think NE is trying to sucker the Texans into trading for kid that I don't think is a good QB outside of NE's system, & if he were the Pats wouldn't have taken Garoppolo in the first place. I think the Pats are trying to hose somebody for a draft pick now that they've used up most, if not all, of those extra early draft picks they've had over the past few years.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes they are, along with the PR machine. It's because they don't think Mallett''s the heir apparent. Probably looking to rip someone off like with Cassel. So far, not so good. I don't love Gaappolo but he made me like him more by getting his long ball in order and increasing his velocity prepping for the draft. Think he went about where he should have and still needs to show he can consistently throw outs etc. So far, so good.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So much rage, and so, so shitty.

Liked Posts:
Yes they are, along with the PR machine. It's because they don't think he's the heir apparent. So far, not so good. I don't love Gaappolo but he made me like him more by getting his long ball in order and increasing his velocity prepping for the draft. Think he went about where he should have and still needs to show he can consistently throw outs etc. So far, so good.

He throws a beautiful fade. IMO he throws the nicest fade route of any of the young QB's from the last draft. I really like Garoppollo & was hoping he would have been our second pick. I do like Fales too though, I wouldn't be shocked at all if after a year in the system he'll have the ability surprise people.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's looked smart and calm. Arm strength to throw midrange ropes with accuracy is what will complete him and it looks he may get there but it will be a bit before we know. Until his season ended, it looked like Jimmy had lobs and fades but not much else. He's worked hard and getting coached up really well so far. It's early but he couldn't be in a better situation.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;bhFHIlwCSq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFHIlwCSq0[/video]

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes she did.
images

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've said it for 3 years.

If he got his head on straight he'd be a legit NFL starter.

That day is getting nearer.

A trade almost happened this past draft.

Why do you think Pats drafted Garroppolo?

Some QB starved team is going to make NE the offer they been looking for. 2nd rounder at the LEAST.

Teams like the Jaguars who set their franchise back another 5 years by drafting Bortles will be sorry for not makeing a deal for this guy.

Browns(Manziel) and Texans(Tom Savage lol) will be sorry too.
Priceless