OT - HOU Interviews Louis Riddick For GM

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Link

Texans announce they interviewed Louis Riddick
Posted by Charean Williams on December 16, 2020, 8:47 PM EST

A report earlier in the day indicated Louis Riddick would meet with the Texans and Lions about their General Manager openings. The Texans announced Monday night they have completed their interview with Riddick.

Riddick currently works ESPN, serving as an analyst for Monday Night Football. But he has received interest for several recent G.M. jobs.

The Texans created an opening when they fired Bill O’Brien from his dual role as G.M. and head coach earlier this season.

Riddick also is set to meet with the Lions about their opening, which was created by the firing of Bob Quinn.

Former Texans General Manager Rick Smith also is expected to interview with the Lions. The Falcons and Jaguars are also in the marker for new General Managers after the in-season firings of Thomas Dimitroff and Dave Caldwell.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Link

Texans announce they interviewed Louis Riddick
Posted by Charean Williams on December 16, 2020, 8:47 PM EST

A report earlier in the day indicated Louis Riddick would meet with the Texans and Lions about their General Manager openings. The Texans announced Monday night they have completed their interview with Riddick.

Riddick currently works ESPN, serving as an analyst for Monday Night Football. But he has received interest for several recent G.M. jobs.

The Texans created an opening when they fired Bill O’Brien from his dual role as G.M. and head coach earlier this season.

Riddick also is set to meet with the Lions about their opening, which was created by the firing of Bob Quinn.

Former Texans General Manager Rick Smith also is expected to interview with the Lions. The Falcons and Jaguars are also in the marker for new General Managers after the in-season firings of Thomas Dimitroff and Dave Caldwell.

>>>>>> Lions to interview Louis Riddick Friday

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He seems to know his shit on espn.
That's what it comes down to.
So does Tony Romo, doesn't mean he would be a good GM.
Hell, Riddick's time as DOPP with the Eagles was a FA disaster for them.
But hey, guy talks well and has great hindsight vision on ESPN, I hope HOU passes so that DET can sign him.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
What the fuck is the obsession with Louis Riddick???????

He's the next Mike Mayock.

Sounds smart and knowledgeable when he talks, especially next to Griese. Fans seem to like him. Pundits love him. Loves talking about the game. Plays into the conversation, whether it be X's and O's, mock drafts, talent evaluation, technique, etc.

Most of all, espen puts a camera on him and a lot of people watch because usually there's only 1 game on Monday, not CBS vs Fox primetime.

I agree. Take away the cameras and take him away from MNF trio--is he the same candidate/hot name? Fuck no he's not.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow...you guys are really a bunch of jealous cunts. Its very sad to watch.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So does Tony Romo, doesn't mean he would be a good GM.
Hell, Riddick's time as DOPP with the Eagles was a FA disaster for them.
But hey, guy talks well and has great hindsight vision on ESPN, I hope HOU passes so that DET can sign him.
So do I.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He makes plenty of mistakes like anyone else...he thought Foles would be a great addition for the Bears

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Being a good GM has much more to do with assembling a good Front Office staff and allowing them to do their job, and not suffering from Ryan Pace "smartest guy in the room" syndrome.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He makes plenty of mistakes like anyone else...he thought Foles would be a great addition for the Bears
He has humility for a man of his intelligence though, which is not easy to come by in this world. You spend 99% or more of your life wondering how every person you encounter is this delusional while having an insane paradigm for how the world works. Running around in their happy little lives oblivious to reality and the dangers around them both in the macro sense and the micro.

But I suspect Montucky was being sarcastic this time.

I would gather Riddick has had some solid mentors in his life that prepare him well for the humility required in this moment. He could easily run the rails once given power, but I have observed he understands the power and ego game. He understands he is forced to form a hot take opinion and will not always be 100% accurate.

He gets it, he knows his shit stinks despite it being better than the 99%. Thats a solid quality.

Why all of a sudden?

IDK...honestly I've wondered why he wasn't a GM since the first time I heard him speak. In the current climate teams are looking for black talent that may have been overlooked in their industries. Riddick is an intelligent and talented black man who knows more about football than he is even allowed to deter on air about. I think he instantly slots without a doubt for me as one of the top 10 most football intelligent GM's on day 1. Certainly he would be a top 5 communicator given his background.

It shouldn't be about him being black, but he is really an easy afterthought if you are looking around at who could do a job mostly white people are doing in a black majority industry. I don't want it to be about that but thats probably where the urgency comes in. Corporations and Organizations across the globe are trying to fix their demographics from top to bottom, as it should be.

This shit has gone on far too long and employment is one of the best ways to fix it. That is the #1 affirmative action type program I am all for, is setting demographic rules regionally to make sure all demographics are represented in business, and stratified in management power from top to bottom as best as possible.

I like goals and intentions better than I like rules and ultimatums, but some things require a little incentive and urgency. The third round pick is interesting NcOgento, I wasn't aware they ransomed out the concept, but if thats what it takes the Rooney rule became worse than a farse, maybe this works better.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has humility for a man of his intelligence though, which is not easy to come by in this world. You spend 99% or more of your life wondering how every person you encounter is this delusional while having an insane paradigm for how the world works. Running around in their happy little lives oblivious to reality and the dangers around them both in the macro sense and the micro.

But I suspect Montucky was being sarcastic this time.

I would gather Riddick has had some solid mentors in his life that prepare him well for the humility required in this moment. He could easily run the rails once given power, but I have observed he understand the game. He understands he is forced to form a hot take opinion and will not always be 100% accurate.

He gets it, he knows his shit stinks despite it being better than the 99%. Thats a solid quality.

Why all of a sudden?

IDK...honestly I've wondered why he wasn't a GM since the first time I heard him speak. In the current climate teams are looking for black talent that may have been overlooked in their industries. Riddick is an intelligent and talented black man who knows more about football than he is even allowed to deter on air about. I think he instantly slots without a doubt for me as one of the top 10 most football intelligent GM's on day 1. Certainly he would be a top 5 communicator given his background.

It shouldn't be about him being black, but he is really an easy afterthought if you are looking around at who could do a job mostly white people are doing in a black majority industry. I don't want it to be about that but thats probably where the urgency comes in. Corporations and Organizations across the globe are trying to fix their demographics from top to bottom, as it should be.

This shit has gone on far too long and employment is one of the best ways to fix it. That is the #1 affirmative action type program I am all for, is setting demographic rules regionally to make sure all demographics are represented in business.

He has the respect of the players which would help in FA, plus he brings the bonus of being a minority hire which nets you and additional third round pick.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He has the respect of the players which would help in FA, plus he brings the bonus of being a minority hire which nets you and additional third round pick.
I could see that helping in HOU, especially with Watson at QB. He will get no help in DET. My guess it many players don’t want to play for/in DET.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see that helping in HOU, especially with Watson at QB. He will get no help in DET. My guess it many players don’t want to play for/in DET.
Why would you guess that? it is exactly why he would make sense in Detroit.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because DET is a shit show.

LOL. Last i checked, Chicago wasn't much better, an arguably worse. No QB, inept offense, and in Salary Cap hell for the foreseeable future. At least with Detroit, you can see a legit path to turning the corner. With Chicago, it's almost a complete tear down and rebuild.