OT - HOU Interviews Louis Riddick For GM

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
LOL. Last i checked, Chicago wasn't much better, an arguably worse. No QB, inept offense, and in Salary Cap hell for the foreseeable future. At least with Detroit, you can see a legit path to turning the corner. With Chicago, it's almost a complete tear down and rebuild.
My comment has nothing to do with Chicago. I’ve only mentioned DET and HOU. And HOU is a lot more attractive then DET.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Plus it's not just that it is shitty DET, it is also shitty Detroit, MI.

There is a reason every talented player that puts on a lions uniform decides to either retire or hightail it out of there in FA.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So does Tony Romo, doesn't mean he would be a good GM.
Hell, Riddick's time as DOPP with the Eagles was a FA disaster for them.
But hey, guy talks well and has great hindsight vision on ESPN, I hope HOU passes so that DET can sign him.
CHILL PILL... I was just responding to a question, doesn't mean I believe he would be a good GM, but that's why meat heads think he'd be good

msadows

Liked Posts:
CHILL PILL... I was just responding to a question, doesn't mean I believe he would be a good GM, but that's why meat heads think he'd be good

Meatballs think he's good because they see he worked in an NFL front office and is on TV.

Thats really it.

Not saying he won't be good for whatever team hires him, but even his mocks are hit or miss.

His reading of talent in the "pro" side of things left a lot to be desired too.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Which means absolutely nothing to a GM. When is the last time you seen a GM get a sponsorship or advertisement deal? FFS, think before you post.

Yes, having a good market and city has no impact on a GM when he's trying to lure pro athletes who live there for a half decade of their lives.

Think before you post.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plus it's not just that it is shitty DET, it is also shitty Detroit, MI.

Yes, because anyone that works for the Lions is contractually obligated to live in Downtown Detroit. I see you took a double dose of stupid pills this morning.

The Bears are largely seen as the worst of all the GM positions that might possibly available this off season.
An aging, overpaid D with bloated contracts and no escape in the foreseeable future (Quin/Mack/Fuller)
No Qb, and not enough draft capital to pursue one.
No Cap space
Shit O-line
The only decent WR you have won't be able to pack his bags fast enough
One of the worst stadiums in the NFL (but hey Bears Footbaw)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, having a good market and city has no impact on a GM when he's trying to lure pro athletes who live there for a half decade of their lives.

Think before you post.

The problem isn't so much your opinion of Detroit as it is thinking people want to actually live in Chicago. Same climate, worse stadium. There are as many, if not more upscale places to live around Detroit as there is in Chicago and your teeny tiny peasants slice of Lake Michigan.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
people who think the Bears job is attractive is going to be really disappointed when GMs start choosing other franchises (provided George has the balls to do the right thing)

msadows

Liked Posts:
The problem isn't so much your opinion of Detroit as it is thinking people want to actually live in Chicago. Same climate, worse stadium. There are as many, if not more upscale places to live around Detroit as there is in Chicago and your teeny tiny peasants slice of Lake Michigan.

LOL. Ok, keep thinking that.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Lol at thinking any pro athlete is dying to live in Michigan or Illinois

msadows

Liked Posts:
people who think the Bears job is attractive is going to be really disappointed when GMs start choosing other franchises (provided George has the balls to do the right thing)

I know your thing is to throw tantrums every time there is something that doesn't go this franchises way, but yes, it's more attractive than a lot of jobs available.

The only thing the jets have going for them is lawrence, that team is a mess.
The lions....are the lions, no one wants to play there. They are a complete mess as well.
Houston is a complete mess outside of watson.
Jax is just a yuck fest.

You really think that a GM would prefer any of those 4 teams, who all have inferior talent, to going to a big market team in a beautiful city? Lol. Ok.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I know your thing is to throw tantrums every time there is something that doesn't go this franchises way, but yes, it's more attractive than a lot of jobs available.

The lions....are the lions, no one wants to play there. They are a complete mess as well.
Jax is just a yuck fest.

You really think that a GM would prefer any of those 4 teams, who all have inferior talent, to going to a big market team in a beautiful city? Lol. Ok.
what tantrum? i’m simply pointing out that the bears are strapped for cash without a QB or a top draft pick. that alone already pushes them down the list of attractiveness. now factor in an aging defense and your only good offensive player still being unsigned and the reality is it’s not a good situation. i’m sorry you can’t see it too but soon enough we’ll all find out together.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Jax is just a yuck fest.

Yes.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Jax is just a yuck fest.

Laughing at your ignorance, because all of the places you listed are much more attractive options to a potential GM hire. Jax would be the highest on the list.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
imagine being so arrogant that everybody tells you you’re wrong and you still think you’re right. this is the same guy who can’t stop bitching about Nagy too LMFAO

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
@msadows over here acting like people don’t know about Englewood, Dearborn Homes, and the history of Cabrini Green. Maybe he doesn’t, wouldn’t shock me.

msadows

Liked Posts:
what tantrum? i’m simply pointing out that the bears are strapped for cash without a QB or a top draft pick. that alone already pushes them down the list of attractiveness. now factor in an aging defense and your only good offensive player still being unsigned and the reality is it’s not a good situation. i’m sorry you can’t see it too but soon enough we’ll all find out together.

They are only in cap hell for one more season.

Not sure how any of your complaints have merit.